• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

TGS 2015... maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
@Enigma , urban legend says :

Nero is REALLY Vergil's son:
1442547636746.jpg
At this point, I really don't care. I feel like this is something that's been going one way and then another and now, it's just meh to me these days. If he is, whoo hoo, if not, I guess that's okay too.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
that looks like a one serious game, and guy looks like geralt --in japan.. gonna browse more for it
To be fair, he does look like Geralt...

...but Geralt looks an awful lot like Elric. And looks aren't the half of the similarities.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
To be fair, he does look like Geralt...

...but Geralt looks an awful lot like Elric. And looks aren't the half of the similarities.

i don't know who this elric you mentioned is, but i googled him and got me some awesome white haired dude pics.. cool stuff..

WolfOD64

i don't know who this elric you mentioned is, but i googled him and got me some awesome white haired dude pics.. cool stuff..
Weird_of_the_white_wolf_daw_1977.jpg
Well, he only shares a few similarities with Geralt: being a wandering albino, anti-heroic spellsword with the nickname of the "White Wolf" follows him wherever he goes, cursed with an abnormally-long life-span with powers sustained through the use of unorthodox substances. He also possesses an ancient rune sword which he doesn't put to use as often as his silver tongue and steely wit...which garners him access to political arena of kings and warlords, as well as the beds of many a prominent maiden.

But other than that, they're nothing alike.

Oh, and Elric was conceived in 1963, whereas Geralt's first appearance was in 1986, so...that makes things even fishier.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Weird_of_the_white_wolf_daw_1977.jpg
Well, he only shares a few similarities with Geralt: being a wandering albino, anti-heroic spellsword with the nickname of the "White Wolf" follows him wherever he goes, cursed with an abnormally-long life-span with powers sustained through the use of unorthodox substances. He also possesses an ancient rune sword which he doesn't put to use as often as his silver tongue and steely wit...which garners him access to political arena of kings and warlords, as well as the beds of many a prominent maiden.

Yep, Sapkowski was (and is) indeed a big fan of Moorcock so he based Geralt on Elric. However...

But other than that, they're nothing alike.

Despite your sarcasm, from what I could read about this matter, that statement is actually true. It actually seems that the two have as many differences (and significant ones) as their similarities. I once read a post by a guy in some forum listing the main characteristics of the two characters, and while they do share striking similarities, they also have an awful lot of different character-defining qualities.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
They could not be bothered to add at what point in the timeline and with whom did he sired with so I could evaluate her worthiness. Beside that, Vergil's pull out game was weak.
They still not planned that, I bet OR they are idiot enough to think nobody would ever ask. Maybe Bingo knew, but he said BYE BYE long ago!
And yes, it's weird a mother of a hero didn't get mentioned.

WolfOD64

I once read a post by a guy in some forum listing the main characteristics of the two characters, and while they do share striking similarities, they also have an awful lot of different character-defining qualities.
If you can link me to that post, that'd be great. Because as far as I can tell, the two characters almost identical on a scale of personality and traits. Even their narrative growth is almost exactly the same.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you can link me to that post, that'd be great. Because as far as I can tell, the two characters almost identical on a scale of personality and traits. Even their narrative growth is almost exactly the same.

Sure, I'll PM you.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
So, no DMC 5 at TGS then?

Right. As much as I appreciate how mature the conversations you're having are, I'm sure you can all agree that the purpose of this particular thread has run its course. And perhaps we could take these thoughts of Nero being Vergil's son or the similarities between Geralt and Elric and put them in a more appropriate thread.

This isn't a telling off, just so you guys know the context of what I'm saying. I am pleased you're all being civil. I just see no point in continuing these discussions here, is all.

Vinosh

My last hope 2015 TGS . I get a new news DMC /DmC sequel. TGS has ended , unfortunately no news DMC/DmC sequel. DMC/DmC dead. :'(

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
this could be a sucky years for i dont know how long, konami ceases AAA games development cept PES, there goes castlevania or MGR.. pc h/s players are certainly doomed

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No it's not. Its absence at this year's TGS means nothing, as @Enigma said.

Vinosh, you better stop with your trollish posts every time you log in here. It's gotten annoying. Tired of it, now get a report.
Yo man, he didn't do anything to deserve a report. Chill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom