• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Survival Games

Dark Drakan

Admin
There has also been another survival game that launched into early access yesterday known as Stranded Deep. It is a similar concept to that of The Forest but you are on an island and can travel between them.

Take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Come face to face with some of the most life threatening scenarios that will result in a different experience each time you play. Scavenge. Discover. Survive.

STRANDED DEEP ON STEAM

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
There has also been another survival game that launched into early access yesterday known as Stranded Deep. It is a similar concept to that of The Forest but you are on an island and can travel between them.

Take the role of a plane crash survivor stranded somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Come face to face with some of the most life threatening scenarios that will result in a different experience each time you play. Scavenge. Discover. Survive.

STRANDED DEEP ON STEAM

So, Cast Away the game. Interesting. I will also create a best friend out of an inanimate object.

You know, wouldn't it be neat if there was this thing in the game that has you encounter all kind of weird Lovecraftian horror scenarios as you progress? The big twist, you'reactually stranded in like the Bermuda Triangle or something.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So, Cast Away the game. Interesting. I will also create a best friend out of an inanimate object.

You know, wouldn't it be neat if there was this thing in the game that has you encounter all kind of weird Lovecraftian horror scenarios as you progress? The big twist, you'reactually stranded in like the Bermuda Triangle or something.

Apparently Wilson appears on random islands sometimes as an object and can craft it, the islands are procedurally generated each time you play so never look the same and items spawn differently too. So long as there are no polar bears or black smoke monsters it would be interesting twist. :laugh:

KRSkull

OK i know that i am like bumping this thread. But that is because i just found out about a game developed by Hailstorm Games called Claire. Its like a 2D Silent Hill.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Bumping is ok as I'm still looking for suggestions and still got my eye on plenty of new titles ive seen.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Another early access survival game has just been announced and it's practically Jurassic Park meets DayZ. After the huge controversy and fail of The Stomping Land it seems another dinosaur survival MMO has stepped up to take its place. Known as Ark: Survival Evolved...

Coming to Steam early access in June 2015 & then Xbox One & PS4 release planned for early 2016.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Another early access survival game has just been announced and it's practically Jurassic Park meets DayZ. After the huge controversy and fail of The Stomping Land it seems another dinosaur survival MMO has stepped up to take its place. Known as Ark: Survival Evolved...

Coming to Steam early access in June 2015 & then Xbox One & PS4 release planned for early 2016.

Looks far too good to be true! But I hope it does end up as good as it looks because it seems like a hell of a great idea.

Looks like an Alien race has put all kinds of species on "Arks" and is now putting them all on one planet to see the survival of the fittest. I'm going to keep my eye on this.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Looks far too good to be true! But I hope it does end up as good as it looks because it seems like a hell of a great idea.

Looks like an Alien race has put all kinds of species on "Arks" and is now putting them all on one planet to see the survival of the fittest. I'm going to keep my eye on this.

List of features it's launching with on day 1 as an early alpha is quite impressive. So as long as updates are frequent and the developers are vocal and understanding it could be superb.

FAQ has been posted here.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
So I bought Ark Survival Evolved early access and it's a pretty great game, although it desperately needs optimization.

I haven't gone further inland yet mostly due to the framerate making it hard to play inland and the Raptors are dicks.

My sessions today involved:
- Fighting the prehistoric dodos with a stone axe, then turning around and finding a Carnotaurus running towards me, hilarity ensued.

- Trying to swim to a small island in the water, killed by a Megalodon.

- Me a level 4 player trying to kill a level 2 Triceratops with a spear, only for it to kick my ass. (Levels don't mean much in terms of power against those dinos)

-Admiring the view of a Brachiosaurus walk by and thinking "I can't wait to learn how to tame these things!"

Seriously this game has Game of the Year potential, I just want them to fix it up.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
This is just my opinion about DayZ
they are too focused on developing for the player base and making it a cash grab, rather than getting it out of alpha. I have played over One hundred hours of the game, over the span of a year and a half and it has made very little improvement, and what improvements it has made was targeting keeping players interested playing the game, rather moving the game through production. But you know, that is just my opinion.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So I bought Ark Survival Evolved early access and it's a pretty great game, although it desperately needs optimization.

I haven't gone further inland yet mostly due to the framerate making it hard to play inland and the Raptors are dicks.

My sessions today involved:
- Fighting the prehistoric dodos with a stone axe, then turning around and finding a Carnotaurus running towards me, hilarity ensued.

- Trying to swim to a small island in the water, killed by a Megalodon.

- Me a level 4 player trying to kill a level 2 Triceratops with a spear, only for it to kick my ass. (Levels don't mean much in terms of power against those dinos)

-Admiring the view of a Brachiosaurus walk by and thinking "I can't wait to learn how to tame these things!"

Seriously this game has Game of the Year potential, I just want them to fix it up.

From what I have seen its the UI that needs the most attention, it's ugly as hell and far too intrusive. Looks more like a placeholder made in paint than a properly designed interface. Other than that and the frame rate issues (prominent with unoptimised alphas) it's showing promise.

This is just my opinion about DayZ
they are too focused on developing for the player base and making it a cash grab, rather than getting it out of alpha. I have played over One hundred hours of the game, over the span of a year and a half and it has made very little improvement, and what improvements it has made was targeting keeping players interested playing the game, rather moving the game through production. But you know, that is just my opinion.

New renderer should help when it's finally incorporated and players can get solid FPS. They have to keep people who have already purchased it and are playing it interested while at same time incorporating loads of new systems. Which often breaks other systems, it's a careful balancing act but some more big updates should get things back on track.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
From what I have seen its the UI that needs the most attention, it's ugly as hell and far too intrusive. Looks more like a placeholder made in paint than a properly designed interface. Other than that and the frame rate issues (prominent with unoptimised alphas) it's showing promise.
I found no issues with the UI, it's no bother for me, it's actually easy to use, what I want most is for the Single Player optimization to be fixed because for me it's stuck at 6 FPS and does not budge no matter how low I turn down the settings.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I found no issues with the UI, it's no bother for me, it's actually easy to use, what I want most is for the Single Player optimization to be fixed because for me it's stuck at 6 FPS and does not budge no matter how low I turn down the settings.

Optimization will come over time and the HUD & UI is being worked on extensively apparently due to the hugely negative feedback on its current state. Its just so intrusive with brightly coloured text that takes up large amount of the screen and speech bubble like pop ups. Just looks really out of place against the dinosaur backdrop and needs a more minimalist look and not such bright colours and large text.

Untitled.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
1416128393_the-long-dark.jpg

The Long Dark is now available via the Xbox One preview program for free (for trial period) can download it here.

• Size: 2.09 GB
  • Developer: Hinterland Studio Inc.
elite-dangerous-pc.jpg

Also Elite Dangerous is now available on the same preview program also for a free trial period & can download here.

• Size:4.74 GB
  • Developer:Frontier Developments

Dark Drakan

Admin
Had a quick go on The Long Dark yesterday and concept is sound and I like the idea, it definitely captures that lonely feeling of being stranded in the middle of the Canadian wilderness. Do find yourself walking around a lot on your own and start to wander if you are ever going to find any loot or buildings with anything in them. I thought I was going to simply freeze to death before I found anything as you have no sense of direction when game first loads and just wander in a random direction.

I did manage to find a cabin full of some decent equipment after some searching and looting a couple of much smaller cabins elsewhere but im still learning some of the mechanics etc, made the mistake of wandering out near nighttime and as expected its REALLY dark out there and cant see ANYTHING when it becomes night. Thought stars and moon might have helped a little but still could barely see my own feet so got a little lost. Had to use flares just to find myself some cover and light a fire, in the end I had to go out and quit but hope it saved while I was in the cabin so I can take shelter over night and go hunting in the morning.

Top Bottom