• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[Spoilers] Kat's fate aka. we know the whole story already

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Who here thinks that the "movie trailer" should have been the first trailer ?
*Raises hand* Kupo! It still might've gotten one hell of a reaction, but I doubt most the fandom would've have been like this afterwards:

Haters --->
tumblr_m5erm0yxIa1r11mys.gif
<--- Fan

*Sigh* memories :lol: glad I ain't there anymore.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
*Raises hand* Kupo! It still might've gotten one hell of a reaction, but I doubt most the fandom would've have been like this afterwards:

Haters --->
tumblr_m5erm0yxIa1r11mys.gif
<--- Fan

*Sigh* memories :lol: glad I ain't there anymore.
A certain someone on a certain board said something along the lines of this forum sucking and being a horrible place compared to where it was being said. Well, that place is full of trolls and haters and fans are usually chased out. It doesn't happen here so it doesn't suck near as bad as that place.

because chasing fans out will simply not do here. No, not at all :cool:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Hey, everyone is entitled to their obtuse, childish, vitriolic opinion :p

I'd rather hang out here where people actually listen to my thoughts, we can all share ideas, and just chat about a game we're excited for.

Breaking8ad

Hey, everyone is entitled to their obtuse, childish, vitriolic opinion :p

I'd rather hang out here where people actually listen to my thoughts, we can all share ideas, and just chat about a game we're excited for.
Hence, why it is better here than it is there. :D

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I spoke with someone on deviantart about DmC recently, they really went on about how Kat's design was terrible, too ordinary and having nothing ironic about it. I tried explaining it to them she and most the characters dress like average people because of the game's setting. After a long debate they accused me of looking too much into her character. Kinda funny, when they were looking too much into it themselves in judging a character we've not seen much of and for a game that's not out yet; not only that but they were judging Kat fully for her appearence, rather than her personality or back story. They were saying things like her Bindi (the star on herforehead) was juvenella and refused to accept that it was a Bindi, same for her Henna tattoos being pointless. They were just completely raging without a cause other than 'I hate this game for taking away Devil May Cry'.

It's childish what levels people go to express their anger. Kinda sad really, I was enjoying talking to them until they mentioned they were being sarcastic about her short nickname, and exploded with a roar when I'd told them it was short for Catherine. I've had some real nice talks with people who aren't sure about the game, but damn, that person needs to learn manners o_o

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
That's what happens when you write something off without the full details sometimes...there's so much more to so many games, and to judge things on so little is really misguided.

As for Kat, she's a friggin' psychic, so I find it amusing they gave her an Ajna marking (chakra of the Third Eye, know for consciousness and such). I suppose technically it counts as a Bindi, but has a bit more significance to her character design. Her tattoos aren't Henna, though, because Henna a non-permanent ingredient from a plant. Either way, her character design is subtle, but at the same time has a lot of smaller details that make it interesting, like all her tattoos, her stencil's tube, and her spraycan.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
That's what happens when you write something off without the full details sometimes...there's so much more to so many games, and to judge things on so little is really misguided.

As for Kat, she's a friggin' psychic, so I find it amusing they gave her an Ajna marking (chakra of the Third Eye, know for consciousness and such). I suppose technically it counts as a Bindi, but has a bit more significance to her character design. Her tattoos aren't Henna, though, because Henna a non-permanent ingredient from a plant. Either way, her character design is subtle, but at the same time has a lot of smaller details that make it interesting, like all her tattoos, her stencil's tube, and her spraycan.

(clears throat loudly)
Before-and-After.jpg

Image2-1.jpg

hennatattoooo.jpg

Image1-2.jpg

Heeeeenna. o.o well, unless it's a tattoo designed like a henna, then that might make sense. Hennas are suppose to be a dark amber color that fade out. Kat's don't look amber. (Didn't know on Ajna marking though, sweet! =D)

And ditto to the rest, I like her design. :3

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Henna is a plant that is used as the basis for making temporary body art. It's just often that it's used for that particular detailed leaf design :x I'd be more inclined to think they're actual tattoos, but she is also a graffiti artist, so it could all be Henna that she did herself.

I wonder how far up her arms that leafwork goes. Would have been really interesting if it was actually going all the way onto her chest and collar.

Breaking8ad

(clears throat loudly)
Before-and-After.jpg

Image2-1.jpg

hennatattoooo.jpg

Image1-2.jpg

Heeeeenna. o.o well, unless it's a tattoo designed like a henna, then that might make sense. Hennas are suppose to be a dark amber color that fade out. Kat's don't look amber. (Didn't know on Ajna marking though, sweet! =D)

And ditto to the rest, I like her design. :3
You know, I was thinking a couple of possibilities.

1. This is alot like Dante's tattoo on his back which could control if he can use his sword or not. But that is just an assumption. so maybe a special type of weapon that she can use to defend herself if need be?

2. Again, like Dante's Tattoo, maybe it can control a sort of demon or angel trigger? where she can change forms or gain more power at the appropriate times? or maybe it allows her to see into limbo and gives her control over her "psychic" powers.

3. Just a regular tattoo with no specific meaning or use, It could be henna, but it's doubtful because the tattoo itself will never disappear ingame if it is already on the model itself. Meaning it has to be permanent ink.

4. This is just a wild guess, and it takes some imagination to come up with this so bear with me please. Kat is a version of Arkham in a way, and she is instead a demon that is under the control of Mundus himself. These tattoos may or may not allow him to control her completely to his will and may play a pivotal part in her character's development later in the game.

I know it sounds crazy, but at least it's better than baby tears eating time machines and universe jumping emo dantes from hell.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
You know, I was thinking a couple of possibilities.

1. This is alot like Dante's tattoo on his back which could control if he can use his sword or not. But that is just an assumption. so maybe a special type of weapon that she can use to defend herself if need be?

2. Again, like Dante's Tattoo, maybe it can control a sort of demon or angel trigger? where she can change forms or gain more power at the appropriate times? or maybe it allows her to see into limbo and gives her control over her "psychic" powers.

3. Just a regular tattoo with no specific meaning or use, It could be henna, but it's doubtful because the tattoo itself will never disappear ingame if it is already on the model itself. Meaning it has to be permanent ink.

4. This is just a wild guess, and it takes some imagination to come up with this so bear with me please. Kat is a version of Arkham in a way, and she is instead a demon that is under the control of Mundus himself. These tattoos may or may not allow him to control her completely to his will and may play a pivotal part in her character's development later in the game.

I know it sounds crazy, but at least it's better than baby tears eating time machines and universe jumping emo dantes from hell.
Or may be she could just be someone with an indian background and practices the art of applying "mehendi" on her hands
All indian and bangladeshi girls do it as a cultural decoration and the designs might not have any significance the story but it might just be something done to give kat a more detailed character design, implying that she has a desi or indian background.

Breaking8ad

Or may be she could just be someone with an indian background and practices the art of applying "mehendi" on her hands
All indian and bangladeshi girls do it as a cultural decoration and the designs might not have any significance the story but it might just be something done to give kat a more detailed character design, implying that she has a desi or indian background.
This is true. I suppose we will have to find out when the game comes out next month

Top Bottom