• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[SPOILER WARNING] Datamined 4th Playable Character on Video

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah looks like it's a thing. Everyone who beat the game knew that Vergil does exist with its own mechanics and moves in the game in the form of a boss but seems like the code for the playable version is there as well.
Apparently what's currently datamineable from the game indicates that it's not enough of a moveset to warrant him being an actual playable character right now, so people are speculating the code will be finalized when the Bloody Palace DLC drops, bringing playable Vergil with it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It would be awesome if true, though maybe it just reserved for last fights where you both fight as a team.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
though maybe it just reserved for last fights where you both fight as a team

But that part is still governed by the code that manages him as an NPC. Wouldn't make sense to write code for him to be controllable for that specific part. My guess is that they have it as a base for them to build on once the DLC drops rather than having to do the entirety of the code for the playable version from scratch, since they only have a month basically.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
But that part is still governed by the code that manages him as an NPC. Wouldn't make sense to write code for him to be controllable for that specific part. My guess is that they have it as a base for them to build on once the DLC drops rather than having to do the entirety of the code for the playable version from scratch, since they only have a month basically.
hmm interesting. I hope you're right.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I just hope they'll do something different in his moveset this time. New weapons for a change.

Lifell

Yeah, seems very unlikely now that he won't be around. Awesome. Love where DMC5 is going.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hmm, upcoming announcements? Is something cooking?

Cattura.png

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Can I just say that Daniel Southworth is looking damn fine for his age? :blush:

Also, yay playable Vergil I guess. :tongue:

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Considering they keep reiterating they have no DLC planned outside of Bloody Palace. Either they're lying or waiting to see how DMC5 does sales wise before investing DLC plans into it and thus have this Vergil back up data just in case so they can start somewhere rather quickly.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I guess it's confirmed.

Not necessarily. Looks like Vergil's EX color are just like Lady and Trish's, they're there for the cutscenes, since it says you can change it in cutscene settings. After all, Lady and Trish have EXs too, yet they're not playable nor do I think they will be.

We'll see.

Lifell

Not necessarily. Looks like Vergil's EX color are just like Lady and Trish's, they're there for the cutscenes, since it says you can change it in cutscene settings. After all, Lady and Trish have EXs too, yet they're not playable nor do I think they will be.

We'll see.

Ah yeah, good point. Well, first of April is approaching fast so we'll know soon enough.

Vergil DLC with actual story!!!

i hope that's the case.

Vergil with a story would be great. It could easily fit into the game as well. Dante and Vergil go on a trip to save the world while Nero stays behind. Starting a mini campaign from that point (end of the game basically) with Vergil and Dante as playable characters wouldn't be that far fetched. But yeah, just wait and see for now. I hope for an awesome campaign as well.

Top Bottom