• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Spider-Man: Homecoming Trailer

Skagewid

@Steve Powell maybe is the good time that we can see a Spiderman's enemy different of the usually Goblin, or Sandman.
I wanted someone as Kingpin, but we can't have everything.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Ok, good to know that I'm not the only one who thinks Iron Man in this movie is... a low point.

Marvel keeps pushing Iron Man as the spokes mascot, I guess, of the MCU. Parts and roles that should be going to other characters are all going to him, mostly from Cap. I think they've over saturated him and need to cut him back.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Anyway, I'm not even against Tony being in this movie (since there's almost no way a person can make a costume like that unless they've got some serious financial backing) -- it's like DM said, it's the tone of the trailer itself that aggravated me.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Boooh! They stole the "henchmen wear superhero masks" from Suicide Squad! Booh, Marvel!!!

No seriously, this movie's gonna be dope. I'm gonna agree that so far the high school setting seems cliche, but I'm not gonna comment further on it since I haven't seen much yet. I do find it weird that Parker seems to have a consistent, most likely long lasting crush on Liz Allan since in all other installments her only role is to be a jerk to him by flat out crushing down his hopes and dreams. Actually, the lack of iconic side-characters like Harry, Gwen and Mary Jane is KIIINDA bugging me out.

Other than that, Spidey looks dope, the Parker-Stark dynamic looks dope, Vulture looks dope, Aunt May looks dope, and I still have no f-cking idea what Zendaya's supposed to be doing, but I guess she looks dope too.

Hopefully, the final product will also be dope.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It's not the best thing since sliced bread (because nothing has come close to sliced bread) but the trailer was fun and Im curious about what their take on Spidey's world is like.

I'm wondering if they might have his parents still be agents of SHIELD (i think they were actually murdered by the red skull:whistle:.)

Peter's friend Ned (the kid peter hangs out with) and "Michele" (girl who calls Peter and Ned "losers") interests me the most.

@Teal actually in Spectacular Spiderman Liz was his first girlfriend who he broke things off with and Ultimate Spiderman she was actually a mutant (her dad was an OG X-men villian).

#krazykomics.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope the movie has the same emotional sensation as the older Spiderman movies. That trilogy has some of the most heart felt moments that Marvel has ever had. So I hope for once in the MCU they can keep the tension for some scenes and NOT ruin it with a joke.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
That's good, because Vulture (aside from Noir version) really isn't interesting to me.
well if I remember right Shocker is also pretty minor villain in Spiderman. But hey maybe they do something interesting with them and wanted to make somebody else instead of usual big bads

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
well if I remember right Shocker is also pretty minor villain in Spiderman. But hey maybe they do something interesting with them and wanted to make somebody else instead of usual big bads
Yeah, Shocker typically is a more street level criminal than say the Kingpin.

Still, I always liked him and I hope they do something interesting with him.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I think it's safe to assume that Miles won't get an adaption. Maybe we'll get a gwen/spiderwoman, but that's to be seen.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
Actually, I see a Miles Morales film happening much earlier than a Spiderwoman film. If they're gonna keep up with the Ultimate comics adaptation, you could expect Peter to retire/die in one of the upcoming films and pass the torch to Morales. Of course that is expected to be far into the future but still...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Apparently that's not Ganke. So at the moment it doesn't have any impact on a Miles Morale's Spider-Man movie ever being made.

Top Bottom