• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so..

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
The guys from NT are such killjoys. They were asked to make a cool character and they made Dante so bland. And I still can't finish Hellblade even with all praises for its ending. I wish NT could make their next game fun and over the top, well not like Bayonetta, but something close to it. I can tell for sure they are a long way from perfection, because good stories can be not only sad and gritty.

I believe the forum have had years of this kind of conversations, 'cool' is about taste and preferences, for me DmC dante is cool, DMC1 dante isn't so cool, DMC3 dante was cool, DMC4 dante was never cool for me, DMC2 dante is the coolest of em all..

You can't finish hellblade just like i can't finish bayonetta, i can't stand the hecticness on screen with so many goin on and how the characters and visuals looked.

I wish NT could the a fun and over the top gameplay kind of game too, that's why i'm always pushing it and shoving it to them on their social media account for DmC2 or the likeness, not once have i encourage them about any other of their game, but i stopped doing that since DMC 5 is around --don't think it'll happen anyway..

Yep good stories isn't always about sad and gritty, but it gives more impact for, i dunno, people like me, i'm not against happy ending, but prefer sad/bad ending..

And i just thought about it, NT is probably isn't the happy ending studio type, from enslaved, DmC and hellblade, they kinda gave a bad/gritty ending. Maybe they really aren't the right studio for a devil may cry title, i can live with that, all i want now is the spiritual successor of DmC, again hopefully microsoft and NT could give me that..

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I thought Sony owned Heavenly sword and Namco owns Enslaved?
If that's true, then yeah. What I meant, is the stuff that Ninja Theory owns by itself. NT only developed DmC: Devil May Cry. I'm just trying to dispell the idea that DmC: Devil May Cry is locked behind Microsoft's control.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Here's the funny thing, if DMC5 is REALLY successful then DmC2 is fair game because it cleary means that western looking DMC game is still profitable. DmC could potentially keep getting sequels parallel to the DMC series or they should just go full MCU and make DmC Dante and DMC dante crossover universes.

I don't see that happening though. Because people would have fallen for DMC not DmC. So they would want more of the classic series as oppose to the reboot that barely got as much attention.

The guys from NT are such killjoys. They were asked to make a cool character and they made Dante so bland. And I still can't finish Hellblade even with all praises for its ending. I wish NT could make their next game fun and over the top, well not like Bayonetta, but something close to it. I can tell for sure they are a long way from perfection, because good stories can be not only sad and gritty.

If you're disappointed with how Dante turned out in the final product, that's not all NT's fault. That's Capcom for telling them to do something unique with the character, only for them to intervene with what NT had originally planned to just make it a copy of the classic Dante.

Also DmC was NOT sad. Gritty yes, but sad, definitely not. DmC was more grundge and gritty but was filled with plenty of that over the topness that has been in most of the Devil May Cry series. DmC just did it in a way that the West is familiar with.

Also since when can a good story not be sad? There have been hundreds of amazing stories that come from tragedy and sadness. They serve as a moral lesson or just a tale to be told. This literally sounds like the same crap I hear from Marvel fans who complain about movies 'not being fun and happy'.

windleopard

After DmC you would expect something similar from them but they made just another Souls-like clone. They made Dad of Boi before Dad of Boi, lol. So I can understand his frustration. The problem with NT is that they take themselves too seriously and think that complex stylish combat system is less important than a good story. It was a good experince to work with japanese developers and they didn't learn anything from it. I tried to defend them on the internet but I realised they are snobs who try to prove their games are art.
Not every game is sold on complex stylish combat.

Anton Clemens

Not every game is sold on complex stylish combat.
I bought Hellblade not because of the plot or the visuals, but beacuse they mentioned directional combat in their diaries. Too bad the devs changed it

Also DmC was NOT sad.
Hellblade was. You know what else was? Max Payne and I beat the third game 3 times. A good game can have boring story. It's okay as long as the cutscenes are skippable, but it can't have boring gameplay.

Last edited:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't see that happening though. Because people would have fallen for DMC not DmC. So they would want more of the classic series as oppose to the reboot that barely got as much attention.
You gotta remember, DMC 2 pretty much killed the series and DMC3 still came back and blew everyone away, the same can happen with DmC2. People will get their DMC 6,7,8 etc and DmC can continue as a spin-off/alternate universe of DMC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You gotta remember, DMC 2 pretty much killed the series and DMC3 still came back and blew everyone away, the same can happen with DmC2. People will get their DMC 6,7,8 etc and DmC can continue as a spin-off/alternate universe of DMC.
Yeah but DMC2 was part of its own series, not a remake of another series that didn't get a lot of attention. And DMC2 DID sell well enough to not completely damage the series.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
One of the reasons DmC popped up is because Itsuno went to do Dragon's Dogma so after DMC5 he might go do something else. Maybe they might consider trying DmC2 with a different dev team?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Not really. Capcom owns the DmC: Devil May Cry trademark.

The only thing that Microsoft owns through Ninja Theory is the staff, and their own in-house IP's, like Heavenly Sword, and Hellblade.
NT is officially Msoft team. They can't develop multiplatform games anymore. Basically Capcom had to cooperate with msoft to produce DmC, unless they decide to make game without NT involevement, which will be pretty dumb, so I think it's pretty much on ice, unless msoft throws money.

Anton Clemens

NT is officially Msoft team. They can't develop multiplatform games anymore. Basically Capcom had to cooperate with msoft to produce DmC, unless they decide to make game without NT involevement, which will be pretty dumb, so I think it's pretty much on ice, unless msoft throws money.
They could make a timed exclusive for XB1/PC, then for PS4.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Seriously tho, after seeing 5 it's kind of impossible to see a DmC2, the way i see it, they have everything they want from DmC in 5; western look; realism; appealing wider audience; (perhaps, a more serious story-telling); don't see no other reason for them to continue DmC as it's own. All they gonna wait from 5's release will be the selling numbers, if it somehow still don't fit their expectation, prepare for the worse i assume, another long wait for a continuity.

By that, they may still acknowledge DmC in DMC, maybe certain easter eggs in whatever form, or some unrelated spin-offs of crossovers within DMC title or some other capcom's title.

And that's that for me the more i think about it.

But i'm also sure NT wouldn't go idle with this, they'll come up with something, i'll keep annoy them for a DmC successor

Anton Clemens

Seriously tho, after seeing 5 it's kind of impossible to see a DmC2, the way i see it, they have everything they want from DmC in 5; western look; realism; appealing wider audience; (perhaps, a more serious story-telling); don't see no other reason for them to continue DmC as it's own. All they gonna wait from 5's release will be the selling numbers, if it somehow still don't fit their expectation, prepare for the worse i assume, another long wait for a continuity.

By that, they may still acknowledge DmC in DMC, maybe certain easter eggs in whatever form, or some unrelated spin-offs of crossovers within DMC title or some other capcom's title.

And that's that for me the more i think about it.

But i'm also sure NT wouldn't go idle with this, they'll come up with something, i'll keep annoy them for a DmC successor
Dude, give them a break.
have you seen at least one big three game coming to other platforms? I don't think it's realistic.
No, but if Capcom asks politely...

Last edited:
Top Bottom