• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So will DmC 2 be made?

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
There's a pretty substantial difference between a brand new IP with minimal marketing, and a franchise reboot meant to hook a new audience which fails to even retain a fraction of the original audience with the kind of marketing dollars they pumped into it.

Like I said to begin with, Capcom's quickly becoming known for idiotic business practices and it's not impossible they'll continue the donterverse. But I still sincerely doubt they'll give NT a chance to ****up every single thing they possibly could a second time

There's a possible Onimusha reboot:troll:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Obviously they will. Capcom's not comepletyely broke. For every RE5, DMC3, SF alpha that's bought, that's still money going in capcom's pocket. Plus sales for DmC weren't God awful. It actually DID sell a good number of copies so I don't see why not.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I read in an article via Flipboard, that Capcom and Ninja Theory are in talks to make another DmC game.

I apologize for not having the source, but I do know they are planning on making another one :)

I read something some time back that they wanted to work together again. If that one you mentioned is true, then they must be thinking of it. But that's why I think they'll take what they learned from all fans reactions [the good, the bad and the ugly] and build on it from that. The fact is the fanbase is divided, whichever way they go now they'll **** people off. If the sequel gave us a taste of more of the original setting, that felt like a retelling of Devil May Cry, but still being a considered a reboot in that it branches out in new and different directions with storytelling [for example if devil trigger became something difficult to control as it resembled a more demonic appearance, or if we understood more about the world setting and how mankind learnt to deal with the new world filled with demons, or even angels being brought into it all, or finding out more on Sparda] then that might be the way to go.

One thing I'd like to see is for Dante to have a few more witty one-lines. Not too many that's it the only thing that comes out of his mouth, but just having some more humor there that makes you laugh a little more often would be great :)

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
I read something some time back that they wanted to work together again. If that one you mentioned is true, then they must be thinking of it. But that's why I think they'll take what they learned from all fans reactions [the good, the bad and the ugly] and build on it from that. The fact is the fanbase is divided, whichever way they go now they'll **** people off. If the sequel gave us a taste of more of the original setting, that felt like a retelling of Devil May Cry, but still being a considered a reboot in that it branches out in different directions, then that might be the way to go.

One thing I'd like to see is for Dante to have a few more witty one-lines. Not too many that's it the only thing that comes out of his mouth, but just having some more humor there that makes you laugh a little more often would be great :)

Couldn't agree with you more :)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It better be made. At least NT gave a crap about the project and had creative confidence doing exactly what Capcom asked them to. If they just resort back to the previous series so soon then I don't care if it's good or bad, I'd rather not support some sellout assholes. DmC 2 should be pushed forward and polished because they are sitting on something good here for this aging franchise. I'm not saying cancel the original series forever because I don't hate it, I wouldn't be a fan if I did but at this point, DmC 2 and nothing else. NT is still fairly new to the industry scene and they have talent. DmC was the best game from them yet. I give credit where credit is due and DmC did some great things that even surpassed the originals in aspects. It'd be a real shame and pathetic move of they resort to the other thing directly after a pretty damn good re-imagining of this series pushing 12 years old. It has more potential than the 5th entry to a long running franchise has any right to.

HatredIsJoy

I respectfully disagree. I'd rather play a back-to-roots DMC5 while sipping from a glass of Tameem's bitter tears of failure. Unfortunately, I know Capcom far too well, it'll be more NT DMC or no DMC at all :(

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I respectfully disagree. I'd rather play a back-to-roots DMC5 while sipping from a glass of Tameem's bitter tears of failure. Unfortunately, I know Capcom far too well, it'll be more NT DMC or no DMC at all :(
NT's Devil May Cry does pay homage to its roots more so than the people against it would like to admit. If you can't see that then you must be blind or never played a Devil May Cry before because while the exterior is different at first glance, the Devil May Cry blood is still pumping through its veins.

HatredIsJoy

I... disrespectfully disagree. I honestly don't even know what to add to that.

I suppose I can continue your metaphor by saying that the blood was drained from DMC's corpse after it died from AIDS, but that may be slightly too harsh.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I... disrespectfully disagree. I honestly don't even know what to add to that.

I suppose I can continue your metaphor by saying that the blood was drained from DMC's corpse after it died from AIDS, but that may be slightly too harsh.
As a Devil May Cry fan who's been with this series since it showed up with Resident Evil:Code Veronica, I think I know what Devil May Cry is all about and the reboot still captured what makes Devil May Cry. It has a hell of a lot more potential than what Capcom left us with last time and this old series had DmC give it a step in the right direction for survival whether you want to acknowledge it or not. It deserves to be expanded and worked on at least at this point. It's hands down better than 2 and 4. The very first is still my personal favorite but there is no way in hell DmC is a bad Devil May Cry.

HatredIsJoy

Well, I suppose there's no point in arguing with each other then, because I, too, been with this series since it's very beginning, and I genuinely believe that DmC is horrible. It is a bad Devil May Cry for me. Honestly.

I'd probably bought it for $10 or so if it was a separate game that had nothing to do with DMC, to have something to play while I wait for Rising, but this does not deserves to be part of DMC. This game should be buried together with DMC2.

vakarian23

While I have to admit it is a step backwards in terms of content, I think that a dumbed down DMC combat system is still fun to play.

As for a DmC2, well, I guess we'll have to wait a bit for an official statement from Capcom or NT but I certainly don't want them to abandon the series altogether.

AlchemistFromEden

While I have to admit it is a step backwards in terms of content, I think that a dumbed down DMC combat system is still fun to play.

As for a DmC2, well, I guess we'll have to wait a bit for an official statement from Capcom or NT but I certainly don't want them to abandon the series altogether.
how is it a step backwards in terms of content if for the first time ever in the dmc universe we dont have to backtrack and fight the same bosses over and over and the first next gen dmc game to have alternate costumes, and we also are getting an extra campaign and BP and you have more weapons than dante does in dmc4 as well as a longer campaign so seriously how is this possibly game possibly lacking in content -_-

vakarian23

I'm mostly referring to the combat system. I like DmC a lot but its combat is nowhere near that of DMC3/4 when it comes to depth. It's still fun, just a bit lacking in options for my taste.

Dante94513

I'm mostly referring to the combat system. I like DmC a lot but its combat is nowhere near that of DMC3/4 when it comes to depth. It's still fun, just a bit lacking in options for my taste.

I disagree, This does have just as much depth as DMC4 and more than DMC3 (Mostly because you can't stand in the air for very long and you only have 2 devil arms, 2 guns and 1 style on the fly so there are less options), they just have a huge variety of ground moves than DmC. When it comes to air moves, DmC from what I counted has probably 36 (not counting the ones that bring you up in the air). DMC3 has 30-31 and DMC4 has 26. You also can cancel any attack in the air with and without enemy step, and you can chain together combos with different weapons. We just haven't seen the full potential with them yet (though there has been some outstanding combo videos), The game has only been out less than a month.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I disagree, This does have just as much depth as DMC4 and more than DMC3 (Mostly because you can't stand in the air for very long and you only have 2 devil arms, 2 guns and 1 style on the fly so there are less options), they just have a huge variety of ground moves than DmC. When it comes to air moves, DmC from what I counted has probably 36 (not counting the ones that bring you up in the air). DMC3 has 30-31 and DMC4 has 26. You also can cancel any attack in the air with and without enemy step, and you can chain together combos with different weapons. We just haven't seen the full potential with them yet (though there has been some outstanding combo videos), The game has only been out less than a month.
As I was saying as well, the combat may be a little more accessible but it is no less deep. Just signature weapons like the Rebellion have more moves than it ever has when you count both the attacks on the ground and in the air. They really invested time giving each weapon a unique moveset that definitely brings in a mass variety for Dante. Only thing that it isn't much the combat system that's bad but more so some of the enemy combinations that are thrown at you in the later portions of the game. It's like its own worst enemy at times because if you really dive into it Dante possibly has the most diversity I've ever seen him have and you don't even have to be limited to one set of moves at a time. Everything's available to you anytime you want. The color coded enemies really drag it down at times. The combat is great and I've developed so many unorthodox techniques and if you're smart enough you can really think outside the box with this. It's just how there's that color coded enemy bs. Overall that's still not enough to condemn it because DmC is really sitting on something great here. It's more comfortable and still just as good.

A.$h!nati

$mok!n $!ck $tyle!
I'm not trying to be an a$$ hole here but i really don't want another DmC game because #1 combos are ridiculously easy and can't feel the speed that i felt specially in DMC3 & 4 , for me it was very slow and the slow-mo shouldn't be in any devil may cry game. #2 the graphics are bad compared to DMC4's even though was DMC4 released in 2008.
#3 I hate the fact that Dante has an angelic side.
the fourth reason is CAPCOM was and still the company that creates the original Devil may cry engine and no one can take it to the next level but them.

I'm hoping to see Hideki Kamiya involved in the new DMC5
that's my view point.

Top Bottom