• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So what was your reaction to the original Dante drinking?

GF9000000Returns

Just answer the question, if you wanna bring up about "other one" smoking, do it politely, but other than that, let's focus on the original Dante. Anyway, as for me, I didn't care.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
When did he drink?

Pretty much this^^^

I vaguely recall that it may have happened in the anime, but I'm not entirely sure.

Pretty positive it did not happen in the games.

But this just seems like a attempt to get at the people who had something bad to say about DmC Dante smoking.

Like a sorta, "take that!" kind of topic where we are going to be looped into a endless discussion on why those fans don't like DmC Dante smoking but are ok with DMC Dante drinking.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Didn't really care. old Dante was always an alcoholic but HEY its better then smoking right? One's a lazy alcoholic with a terrible lazy streak and terribly in debt, while the others a demon hunting rebel who just smokes but can't even die from cancer. (least the latter is doing something)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Didn't really care. old Dante was always an alcoholic but HEY its better then smoking right? One's a lazy alcoholic with a terrible lazy streak and terribly in debt, while the others a demon hunting rebel who just smokes but can't even die from cancer. (least the latter is doing something)

WHEN DID CLASSIC DANTE DRINK THOU? :eek:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Pretty much this^^^

I vaguely recall that it may have happened in the anime, but I'm not entirely sure.

Pretty positive it did not happen in the games.

But this just seems like a attempt to get at the people who had something bad to say about DmC Dante smoking.

Like a sorta, "take that!" kind of topic where we are going to be looped into a endless discussion on why those fans don't like DmC Dante smoking but are ok with DMC Dante drinking.
If you look it up, Dante does drink and has gotten drunk on plenty of occasions. In the manga he mentions getting so drunk he proposed to a mop.

GF9000000Returns

It wasn't an attempt to bash the people who hated the DmC one smoking, but since you brought that up, why is it like that then? WHY is that the original Dante is allowed to be an alcoholic, but when the other one does the same or uses drugs, there was outrage. Why?

If only Mr. T(you know who) showed a scene in the anime where the original Dante was drinking alcohol during his first DmC interview, people would've shut up about it. Yes, there'll still be complaints, but not about the other Dante smoking.

Last edited:

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
I don't see how being a smoker or an alcoholic can affect someone like Dante when he already has a rapidly-acting metabolism. We're talking about the same person who actively runs up walls and sprints at death-defying speed with perfect athleticism...but has a diet that exclusively comprises of pizza and ice cream with EVERY MEAL.

Forget about alcohol poisoning or cancer...Dante would've died of extreme diabetes years ago with the **** he eats. He could probably do black-tar heroin and not be affected in the slightest.

The New Dante seems more vulnerable to alcohol, though...he even starts the game recovering from a hangover.

Viper

Premium
in DMC1 there's a lot of beer bottles sitting around, In DMC3 he had a lot of beer bottles near his couch, in the anime all he did was drink beer with pizza when not eating strawberry sundaes, and he even has a bar in his office in DMC4.
Interestingly, I think it was the episode when Trish came back, but I remember him switching to wine and drinking it quite fast like to show he was upset even though he acts calmly.

With what he's been through, it was to be expected he'd pick up some bad habit. I don't really think about his excessive drinking when I'm watching him do it, though I'd prefer if he smoked instead... personal reasons.

Also, the now-no-longer-canon novel Dante drank like crazy and even got Gilver into a drinking contest, since it was normal thing for hunters down in Bobby's cellar.

Elektra214xx

Ssstylish devil hunter..
I think Dante can pretty much do whatever he wants..he's immortal! I'd probably smoke and drink too if I knew I had indestructible lungs and liver..besides, it adds to his "bad a$$" image, I think...

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've been drinking since I was 5 and started smoking at 20. The drinking thing is one of those that's always been so whatevs, hardly shocking.

Top Bottom