• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

so, what now?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I knew it wouldn't so it didn't changed much, just look for new thrills, like Bloodborne and wait for new one....or buy WiiU and play hell out of Bayonetta.

Viper

Premium
*spins around in chair, petting a white cat*
Now we gather troops and take over Capcom. Too long have they played with our feelings, waving so many carrots in front of our noses... it's time we... *phone rings* This better be good, I was looking forward to making that evil laugh I practiced so much... What?! What do you mean all our money went to pizza? How much are those guys eating? He ate how much in 5 minutes? ... is he wearing red? I'm coming down... *hangs up and in hurry tosses the cat offscreen, ignoring the loud meow*

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I didn't expect any news about DMC5, or any announcement, so I'm just going back to waiting patiently. Seems to me like the DMC5 reveal could happen at any time, though obviously not this year, and probably not even the next. I'm not giving up on Devil May Cry... except if they make DmC2. If they are seriously stupid enough to make DmC2, ignore every DMC fan, and act like DMC never existed, then I probably won't even buy another DMC. I wouldn't give them my money after being ignored. I would not pay for a hack and slash game called Devil May Cry if it's not actually Devil May Cry - just like I will never pay for another FF if they don't feel like FF (at least, XIII didn't).

Right now, my DMC-playing days are over, though. Played DMC3 and DMC4 to death, and DMC1 and 2 don't interest me nowadays because the gameplay isn't as deep as in 3 and 4. Thankfully, there's a few games to keep me busy.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Am I the only one around here that thinks the possibility of DmC 2 is higher than that of DMC 5? They rebooted the series and I don't think there will be any DMC5. Ever.

Meg

Sad, but I wasn't really expecting it. A small part of me was hoping though. Oh well. Hopefully we will get another game eventually.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Am I the only one around here that thinks the possibility of DmC 2 is higher than that of DMC 5? They rebooted the series and I don't think there will be any DMC5. Ever.

There's the possibility, but imo, not higher than DMC5. They got hurt too much from DmC, by their own admission.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
There's the possibility, but imo, not higher than DMC5. They got hurt too much from DmC, by their own admission.

Yes, that's true, but their expectations were exorbitantly high and going back to original after rebooting sounds too good to be true. You also have to consider the fact that DmC has a fan following too. Look at the numbers, even after such a huge backlash, it sold 1.6 million copies, which is quite good.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yes, that's true, but their expectations were exorbitantly high and going back to original after rebooting sounds too good to be true. You also have to consider the fact that DmC has a fan following too. Look at the numbers, even after such a huge backlash, it sold 1.6 million copies, which is quite good.

Hmmm, it's true, but how many of them hated the game after they bought it? I know some of them. Also, Capcom is not in the condition to risk that much, you know... and their will of making another DmC is at minimum. The possibility of a DMC5 are still higher than a DmC2. I can relate to DmC's fans though, I'm sorry for them :/

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Hmmm, it's true, but how many of them hated the game after they bought it? Also, Capcom is not in the condition to risk that much, you know... and their will of making another DmC is at minimum. The possibility of a DMC5 are still higher than a DmC2. I can relate to DmC's fans though, I'm sorry for them :/

We can all hope, buddy. That's what makes us human.

Now, after that deep as a coffee mug philosophical line, I would put my bets on DmC2 :p

Edit:
On the people who don't like the game, they are already termed and summed into "immature disgruntled DmC haters".

berto

I Saw the Devil
What now? Now you go look through your game library and finish all those games you never got through and if you sold them then start playing that backed up stack of games you have piling up since last year, and don't pretend you don't have one, we all have one.

I, myself, gatta go finish Lightning Returns, Totori, Catherine, Rorona, Wild Arms, La Pucelle, God Hand, SMT3 and Child of Eden. After that I still have a bunch of games I haven't open, like D2. By the time I'm done there should be a new DMC around the corner.

I should start laying shorter games....

I think you are. NT has made it clear that this experience almost swore them off council gaming and Capcom has retracted their outsourcing practices and have started working on their games inhouse once again.

ItWasAnEggTimer

Same as it ever was
What now? Now you go look through your game library and finish all those games you never got through and if you sold them then start playing that backed up stack of games you have piling up since last year, and don't pretend you don't have one, we all have one.

I, myself, gatta go finish Lightning Returns, Totori, Catherine, Rorona, Wild Arms, La Pucelle, God Hand, SMT3 and Child of Eden. After that I still have a bunch of games I haven't open, like D2. By the time I'm done there should be a new DMC around the corner.

I should start laying shorter games....

I think you are. NT has made it clear that this experience almost swore them off council gaming and Capcom has retracted their outsourcing practices and have started working on their games inhouse once again.

But what if they work on an inhouse DmC2?

Top Bottom