• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So we've been had.....sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

icmasticc

Don't you kind of find this hilarious? It's like a mystery drama lol. Capcom was behind the change all along and after reading all these threads, it seems like they did for publicity on the game. Once that was achieved they reveal(In the NEW DMC thread just started) that new "Dante's" look isn't arbitrary. There is a reason, a story behind why he looks so different from his older self.

Capcom must have lots of confidence in this new reboot to pull something like this. What do you guys think? Capcom is either ingenius for creating such publicity or insanely stupid for alienating many fans of the original right off the bat with such a gamble.

(For those who didn't understand, I'm saying that after reading all this new information and all these new articles, it seems Capcom USA plans have "Dante" looking more like his old self towards the end of the game, though they haven't released story details yet.)

Asmodaius

I still like this new Dante. I think he looks cool and hot, even more so than the old Dante. And already from the trailer he seems to have more personality than being a smartass like the old Dante.

At this point, I personally don't care about all the negative response that's around. I just can't wait to see what more they have in store for us. ^^

Asmodaius

They're not really doomed. Capcom is a huge gaming corporation who have many successful titles out there. If this game truly turns out to be a flop, then yes, they will have lost alot of money, but I am sure they can afford it. It's not like they have put all their money into this one game.

Asmodaius

Yeah, they might lose alot of fans of the old series, but I am also sure that they will gain alot of new fans as well.

Asmodaius

I'd like for them to make some sort of continuation of the old series as well, to fill out some of all those plotholes in the storyline. Because frankly, though the storyline is rather good, it leaves us fans with alot of unanswered questions.

However, I think we should just enjoy the series for what it is, because the games are freaking good! Everything must come to an end eventually, but this reboot doesn't mean that the past series have ended - it just means that the next game with the Devil May Cry title won't be a continuation of it.

Asmodaius

Legendary Darkslayer;276556 said:
The way NT and Capcom are talking about the reboot though make it seem as if they are not going back.

Not in this game, no, but who knows what will happen in the future?

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
Capcom is trying to get some fans above the europe an usa and they want to be a company same like ubisoft or activision.So they decided to take some steps.I think that massive change of dmc is just a start,i expect some kind of reboots for their other titles...maybe even for street fighter.they tried something like that in resident evil but that didn't went so good so they are making a much bigger move on this one

moseslmpg

I vote for them being incredibly stupid. Itsuno admitted they don't have a lot of confidence, they are just trying things out to see if they work, so it is a gamble for them. And if it does turn out to be a flop, then they will only have themselves to blame.

They really should not have debuted such an incomplete product, since they can't give the real fans any info to reassure them. They spent a year developing a new Dante...great. Fan artists make new characters all the time, in a few weeks tops. We need more info than some horribly mangled iconic character to go on. They have not been forthcoming and I believe they are shooting themselves in the foot.

Asmodaius

What's wrong with being spontanoius and just go for it? Capcom can afford it if it flops, they aren't a newbie company and if it becomes a success, it will also help out Ninja Theory a great deal.

Ninja Theory who obviously doesn't want to disappoint Capcom take alot of time to think Dante's design through and then Capcom is guiding them in the right direction along the way. There's no need to rush such a design, and them taking this time to make it just shows how much respect they have for it.

If they made his design within weeks, then people would just complain of how much a rush job it was and that they're only doing a half-heartedly attempt.

And also... many fan artists' attempts on "original" characters are also not very well done or thought through. It takes time to make a proper and decent character, and Ninja Theory knows that.

Vampi

moseslmpg;276671 said:
I vote for them being incredibly stupid. Itsuno admitted they don't have a lot of confidence, they are just trying things out to see if they work, so it is a gamble for them. And if it does turn out to be a flop, then they will only have themselves to blame.

They really should not have debuted such an incomplete product, since they can't give the real fans any info to reassure them. They spent a year developing a new Dante...great. Fan artists make new characters all the time, in a few weeks tops. We need more info than some horribly mangled iconic character to go on. They have not been forthcoming and I believe they are shooting themselves in the foot.

More like shooting themselves in the head.

They have no idea what to do with this series. They might as well not have made any games with the DMC name on it if they were gonna treat it this badly.

This is yet another Kamiya game Capcom has ruined. They ruined Viewtiful Joe 2. They kinda ruined the Wii Version of Okami (yes there is a small difference..especially the ending).

And most of all they're ruining DMC. Kamiya's first creation he ever did besides Claire Redfield and Leon Kennedy (though RE is more Mikami's game).

Its just the lack of care they gave to one of the most prolific video game action director creations is just awful.

Imagine sumthing you created with love and care being passed down like a piece of clothing no one really wanted since they didn't know what to wear it with. Its just horrible.

moseslmpg

Asmodaius;276675 said:
What's wrong with being spontanoius and just go for it? Capcom can afford it if it flops, they aren't a newbie company and if it becomes a success, it will also help out Ninja Theory a great deal.
What's wrong is tht it is insane, so insane that we have a very literal idiom for this exact situation: Fools rush in.
If they made his design within weeks, then people would just complain of how much a rush job it was and that they're only doing a half-heartedly attempt.
People can't tell how long something has been designed for. All they care about is how good it looks. It does not take a year to design a single character, that is BS.
And also... many fan artists' attempts on "original" characters are also not very well done or thought through. It takes time to make a proper and decent character, and Ninja Theory knows that.
Yeah, and many more are actually very good. Capcom would be wise to take lessons from them.

Asmodaius

Oh, dear moseslmpg... Everything I write in this forum is something you seem to be very persistant on disagreeing with.

Let's agree to disagree. ^^

moseslmpg

We can agree to disagree, but our disagreement will still stand. I think you just try too hard to defend DINO against any and all charges, which comes across, to me, as dishonest and somewhat fanatical. If you like the game, fine, but don't make Capcom and NT sacrosanct.

Asmodaius

moseslmpg;276712 said:
We can agree to disagree, but our disagreement will still stand. I think you just try too hard to defend DINO against any and all charges, which comes across, to me, as dishonest and somewhat fanatical. If you like the game, fine, but don't make Capcom and NT sacrosanct.

And you seem rather set up on that this game is going to be a failure and tries to point things out you can disagree with. I know you are disappointed about this being a reboot, and that's fine, but don't antagonize Capcom and NT before we at least know more.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
^ Agreed...I find it childish to start bashing on something new coming out. It's only a game. So what if it makes or breaks? It is not the end of the world...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom