• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So this guy at 4Chan claims he tested the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That seemed legit. I guess they are interested in keeping the story under raps hence why the play testers were given moments without it.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
@Railazel
HAHAHA

So why did "the guy" post this info on 4chan? To keep his anonymity?
DBZ references?

I live next to Tameem. Here is our conversation

Me: Hi Tam

Tameem: Please refer to me as Lead Ninja Tameem

Me: Sure thing, Tam. So whats the story behind the new dmc game?

Tameem: Im not to sure if i can fully divulge any further other than Dante is half angel and half demon.

Me: ok thanks, bye

Tameem: Bye guys

sorry :troll:

Jane Sweetbee

Hey, guys! I found out that a playtester of DmC was in my neighborhood after me and him were just talking about it. I went ahead and recorded our conversation so I can write it down for you guys, he said he didn't mind at all. So here it is in Q&A form:

After that we started talking about other stuff. So what do you guys think?
it seems more real than not.

ZeroLove

@Railazel
HAHAHA

DBZ references?

Tameem: Im not to sure if i can fully divulge any further other than Dante is half angel and half demon.

That interview sucked. You should go to more interviewing classes and study some more. F minus.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
That's an interesting interview.The gameplay is somewhat the mystery.I just really hope it will be on the PC.

crush

Remember there was an kick and a volcano(shock) move in the test play and definitly two types of rainstorm in the PV.
There are not enough buttons on this reveiw and haven't explained those points! It's definitely a hoax!

Tiran

The great pretender.
Hey, guys! I found out that a playtester of DmC was in my neighborhood after me and him were just talking about it. I went ahead and recorded our conversation so I can write it down for you guys, he said he didn't mind at all. So here it is in Q&A form:

After that we started talking about other stuff. So what do you guys think?

I cannot begin to explain how this is Ten Pounds of S#it in a five pound bag.For similar reasons I posted on the previous claim and then some.

First of all, in both the recent combat demos released last year, we see interrupted combo chains, enemy step, and the grapple can be blocked sometimes by even the low level enemies who see it coming. Also, there is weapon switching, the d-pad selects the weapon and the mode is selected by being in angel or demon form.He's failed to explain things like how we perform the familiar style-based moves without styles. You know, the details.

Oh, yeah, stinger is in this game too.

You know, I'm gonna test this game one day and not tell anybody until some guy I don't know approaches me out of the blue who, for some reason sensed I had played this game. While we talk-you know- about random things, He'll find out that I just so happened to have played DmC and, what a coincedence, He's a long standing member of the DmC forum! He felt the DmC force in me and knew he could ask me these questions even though he had no reason to assume so out of the millions who live in our city! He'll mention, You know, how convenient it is that this interview took place and will be posted in a recently active thread of the forum just as they were discussing the very same subject!

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

Try harder next time.

Railazel

@Railazel
HAHAHA

DBZ references?

He didn't post it on 4chan, it was a conversation between me and a neighbor. And why not DBZ referrences? You don't like DBZ? You hatin' on Goku?

So they didn't see much of a story then? it was just gameplay?

He told me before I started recording that he can't disclose any story- related info because the playtest was just for gameplay purposes. I asked if he actually seen anything story related and he said a little like the names of the moves and stuff, but he couldn't tell me what that stuff was (being obligated to NT not to do so) thus the reason why no specific moves were mentioned.

I cannot begin to explain how this is Ten Pounds of S#it in a five pound bag.For similar reasons I posted on the previous claim and then some.

First of all, in both the recent combat demos released last year, we see interrupted combo chains, enemy step, and the grapple can be blocked sometimes by even the low level enemies who see it coming. Also, there is weapon switching, the d-pad selects the weapon and the mode is selected by being in angel or demon form.He's failed to explain things like how we perform the familiar style-based moves without styles. You know, the details.

Oh, yeah, stinger is in this game too.

You know, I'm gonna test this game one day and not tell anybody until some guy I don't know approaches me out of the blue who, for some reason sensed I had played this game. While we talk-you know- about random things, He'll find out that I just so happened to have played DmC and, what a coincedence, He's a long standing member of the DmC forum! He felt the DmC force in me and knew he could ask me these questions even though he had no reason to assume so out of the millions who live in our city! He'll mention, You know, how convenient it is that this interview took place and will be posted in a recently active thread of the forum just as they were discussing the very same subject!

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

Try harder next time.

Actually, you're wrong on the first point, in none of the demos were the moves cancelled. Anyone who knows how cancelling works would be able to see that, especially since DmC is only running on 30 fps, which isn't enough to do cancelling. And we never mentioned any specific moves, Stinger was just used as an example for an explanation. Lastly, the conversation popped up because I asked if he had heard about it and he said he participated in the playtest so it wasn't like I "sensed" it or anything, neither did I tell him that I was on a forum, I asked to record it so I can let my friends hear and he was fine with it.

Also, I'm pretty sure he explained this stuff in enough detail concerning what he had experienced especially since what he had said was consistent with what NT has said already, and NT have already said that weapons will be split between Angel and Demon modes with Rebellion changing into those weapons.

Jaxxy

i couldn't stop the laughter when i read the 4chan parts........mundus derping lilith.....>_<.......um....eww.....if this is trolling....they have to do better. sounds like fanfiction lol

ReRave

smug jerk
Actually, you're wrong on the first point, in none of the demos were the moves cancelled. Anyone who knows how cancelling works would be able to see that, especially since DmC is only running on 30 fps, which isn't enough to do cancelling.
Hahahahaaa, oh **** my sides....
You do relize that less frames is actually better for canceling, right? You know, especially with that "impact-lag" after some of the moves of NuDante, canceling a combo should be easy as pie.

he said he participated in the playtest so it wasn't like I "sensed" it or anything, neither did I tell him that I was on a forum, I asked to record it so I can let my friends hear and he was fine with it.
Hi, my name is Harry Potter. Nice to meet you. As Tiran said: Try harder next time.

Also, I'm pretty sure he explained this stuff in enough detail concerning what he had experienced especially since what he had said was consistent with what NT has said already,
I could make some stuff up, too and I'll sound better informed than your neighbour.

and NT have already said that weapons will be split between Angel and Demon modes with Rebellion changing into those weapons.
Which is why anyone who follows the leaky stream of info can make **** up and tell a stranger.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
He told me before I started recording that he can't disclose any story- related info because the playtest was just for gameplay purposes. I asked if he actually seen anything story related and he said a little like the names of the moves and stuff, but he couldn't tell me what that stuff was (being obligated to NT not to do so) thus the reason why no specific moves were mentioned.

That's what I though.

ZeroLove

Wether or not Railazel's guy is real doesn't matter. We will all see the truth when the game comes out, then it doesn't matter what anyone in the past has said. People can choose to believe it or not, but that is a personal choice only.

Railazel

Hahahahaaa, oh **** my sides....
You do relize that less frames is actually better for canceling, right? You know, especially with that "impact-lag" after some of the moves of NuDante, canceling a combo should be easy as pie.

Actually, if you know anything about cancelling, you would know that 60 fps was needed in order to pull it off because the moves become cancellable at different points throughout its execution. If you think about it terms of size, a game running at 30 fps has "bigger" frames than one running at 60 fps because they are taking up a larger part of that one second, specifically they would take up twice the amount than those of 60 fps. Take the first strike of Rebellion's Combo A, cut it down to one second, and split it into sixty parts. The fact that it is split between those sixty parts make it possible to cancel it. Now take half of those parts away, you just made the move look a bit blocky, so now you'll have to extend the leftover parts so that everything looks smooth. However, you have now made it near impossible to cancel it because the frames are too big to interrupt with another command. That's how DmC will run if it sticks with being 30 fps, that's why NT has to do their best to make the action fast enough so that no one will notice the difference in framerate. However, expert players would be able to see the difference simply from their inability to cancel or abruptly cut off certain moves.

Virago

Not listening.
The entire description is exactly what we've seen in the trailers and, other than the Vergil part, no more, no less. The enemies seem to be lumbering around in the player's general direction; that would be expected for this stage of development. The combos also string together really well and that's been obvious from the start. We could conclude one of two things: a) this person has played the same demo that we've seen in the trailers, or b) s/he's just making the whole thing up. The Vergil stuff seems contrived IMO.

Anyway, the game is still in development, so even if s/he played something, I expect (hope?) the final version will be a lot more polished.

Tiran

The great pretender.

Actually, you're wrong on the first point, in none of the demos were the moves cancelled. Anyone who knows how cancelling works would be able to see that, especially since DmC is only running on 30 fps, which isn't enough to do cancelling. And we never mentioned any specific moves, Stinger was just used as an example for an explanation. Lastly, the conversation popped up because I asked if he had heard about it and he said he participated in the playtest so it wasn't like I "sensed" it or anything, neither did I tell him that I was on a forum, I asked to record it so I can let my friends hear and he was fine with it.

Also, I'm pretty sure he explained this stuff in enough detail concerning what he had experienced especially since what he had said was consistent with what NT has said already, and NT have already said that weapons will be split between Angel and Demon modes with Rebellion changing into those weapons.

Actually, there was no detail at all. All that was was more critique of the game, not much a description. There was nothing there that could not be guessed at or assumed. What combat system type was the game using? Do the guns really overheat? How long can you stay in the air and what are the game-play rules governing aerial combat? What's the limit on using the grapple? There were demons who blocked it in the demo.

Also, I'm not talking about jump canceling, I'm referring to breaking combo chains so you're not locked in a combo or chain you have to commit to.

There was no more info given about the game to prove that this tester was real. He just said things that could be guessed.What was the controller layout?...And, the timing of your post? "Oh, I just so happened to have coincidentally and randomly bumped into a real tester of 'this' game." Not Some other game, this particular one we're talking about in this thread about game testers.

The game will be at thirty fps, but the input will be at sixty frames, so, controller input will be the same.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Actually, you're wrong on the first point, in none of the demos were the moves cancelled. Anyone who knows how cancelling works would be able to see that, especially since DmC is only running on 30 fps, which isn't enough to do cancelling.
I respectfully but completely disagree.

Bayonetta on PS3. Fights ran at 23-45 FPS. Cancelling was still a staple of pulling off and chaining combos in that game. It worked without a problem.

In "The Fight," the first thing Dante does is pull a demon toward him, do an attack, and then instantly stop avoid the lag frames by visibly (albeit slowly) jumping off of the enemy.

In "The Secret," shortly after the two-minute mark, Dante elbow-knocks an enemy.
He narrowly escapes another enemy just a few frames after that by rolling. Almost zero lag time.

Unless you mean cancelling as in "resetting a combo" because then we'll just have to wait and see.

ReRave

smug jerk
Actually, if you know anything about cancelling, you would know that 60 fps was needed in order to pull it off because the moves become cancellable at different points throughout its execution. If you think about it terms of size, a game running at 30 fps has "bigger" frames than one running at 60 fps because they are taking up a larger part of that one second, specifically they would take up twice the amount than those of 60 fps. Take the first strike of Rebellion's Combo A, cut it down to one second, and split it into sixty parts. The fact that it is split between those sixty parts make it possible to cancel it. Now take half of those parts away, you just made the move look a bit blocky, so now you'll have to extend the leftover parts so that everything looks smooth. However, you have now made it near impossible to cancel it because the frames are too big to interrupt with another command. That's how DmC will run if it sticks with being 30 fps, that's why NT has to do their best to make the action fast enough so that no one will notice the difference in framerate. However, expert players would be able to see the difference simply from their inability to cancel or abruptly cut off certain moves.

I call BS.
30 fps is 30 FRAMES PER SECOND.
You really think, that those are not enough to cancel? Inform yourself, because you're making it obvious that you're the one without any background knowledge on this, not me.
30 frames is more than enough. Hell, 2 frames per second would suffice, you would just have to time it really good.

Edit: Oops, just read KenKen's post, he already got it covered.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
All that said, it's interesting that you got to talk to someone who may have tested it, Railazel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom