• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So this guy at 4Chan claims he tested the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante47

It's not really the same as it used to be. Now it's overrun by 12 year old boys with a small vocabulary.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Also, Capcom demos suck.

There's absolutely no way the demo let him play through more than two areas AND revealed story elements...

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
Although it is most likely fake, let's not forget that the people around 4chan don't always troll:
ae1989_703259.gif

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Well, I wouldn't believe 4chan. I feel like he/she grabbed all this stuff from the trailers and mashed it together. But something about this bothers me...what if it is real? Sounds disappointing...but meh, I'll wait till I read an official preview.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Well, I wouldn't believe 4chan. I feel like he/she grabbed all this stuff from the trailers and mashed it together. But something about this bothers me...what if it is real? Sounds disappointing...but meh, I'll wait till I read an official preview.
Oh god that would be so disappointing.
Especially the button layout. It looks infuriating.

Or maybe I'm just expecting too much...

Tiran

The great pretender.

Let's say this monumental story WAS real... Let's say he had all this info on this game and wished to share it with the world... Let's say he ,alone- of all on earth, outside of Capcom and NT, knows this info... Why would he ONLY share it on f*cking 4chan if he wanted to be taken seriously? Why isn't this info leaked by him or any other tester Anywhere else? ...And a gratuitous sex scene in a Ninja theory game? After Tam berated something as commonly tame as big tits?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Sorry dude, you'd remember the boss name.
If he hasn't played it, he's sure as hell got one heck of an imagination.

And as for the playtest, if NT sent out the invites, NT would host it as they would want the opinions.

The fourth section starts with a cut scene. We see Vergil for the first time. He is wearing a black coat, and really looks nothing like Vergil from the other games. To be expected. Mundus has taken Kat and is holding her hostage for the Neraphim, if I recall correctly. Vergil is surprised by this. According the Vergil, Mundus is in the dark because he does not know that Dante is his brother or that Vergil himself is the Neraphim. He mentions how it is too risky to have Dante rush in there and save Kat. Dante mentions how he knows that Lilith is carrying Mundus’ child because some other demon told him about it. The level itself takes place in a night club, Lilith’s night club. I didn’t get to finish this level, but the world morphing turned it into a gauntlet of demons.

Very fanfiction. And I'm pretty sure Mundus would know that Sparda had twins.

Hasn't that larvae thing already been pictures? Actually, hasn't everything he's described already been shown in pictures?

Oh yeah. And you'd know the name of the girl of you've played the demo, not unless your ears need syringing

ReRave

smug jerk
you can't prove anythign on 4chan, since everyone can be anyone. It's not like you have fixed user-names, PM-function or a safe way to swap email-adresses. Timestamp would be the only way, but I guess he got no footage.
Since most of what he wrote is BS anyways, let#s just consider this myth as busted.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I remember watching a TV show(probably CSI or whatnot) and a person says that when a person lies, that person will try to add on irrelevant information to make the lie more believable. I don't know much about 4chan but judging by the way you guys talk about it, I'm assuming they're like the dregs of society? I'm not trying to offend anyone here. I just don't know much about that site.

Let mrrandomluz explain this.:ermm:

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
Let's say this monumental story WAS real... Let's say he had all this info on this game and wished to share it with the world... Let's say he ,alone- of all on earth, outside of Capcom and NT, knows this info... Why would he ONLY share it on f*cking 4chan if he wanted to be taken seriously? Why isn't this info leaked by him or any other tester Anywhere else? ...And a gratuitous sex scene in a Ninja theory game? After Tam berated something as commonly tame as big tits?
Exactly why I'm not believing it. The guy's just pulling ideas from trailers and mixing in his own imagination. But it would be disappointing if this was true.

Railazel

Hey, guys! I found out that a playtester of DmC was in my neighborhood after me and him were just talking about it. I went ahead and recorded our conversation so I can write it down for you guys, he said he didn't mind at all. So here it is in Q&A form:

Me: So you played a demo of it?

The Guy: Yeah.

How did it feel?

Felt almost like DMC 3, almost being the keyword.

What do you mean?

Well, if this was a DMC imitator, it imitated well but wasn't a perfect copy. Because of the framerate, you can't do the same things you could in the original series.

Like Cancelling, Buffering, and that kind of stuff?

Yeah, each move has to be completed before the next one. If I were to describe it, think of DMC 1 or 2 but with as many moves as in DMC 3 and 4.

Can you explain in more detail?

Well, unlike when I play DMC 3 or 4, where I would try to cancell and cut my moves to link them together in a more stylized way, I had to do the classic thing and just link my moves together like a normal chain- going from move to the next.

Did it feel like any other game you played?

Yeah, like Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

Really?

Yeah! Have you played that game? The fighting system was awesome. I remember being able to do these chains of energy and physical attacks.

DmC felt like that?

Well, sort of, at least to me. Because of the combat system, I was chaining different types of moves together. Like, instead of switching just between sword and gun moves, like in the old series, I was switching between Angel, Demon, Normal, and Gun attacks. So, I had a good amount of stuff to work with.

Oh, I see! Like when you're playing DBZ: BT3, you have Support, Energy, and Physical attacks. And in Physical, you have Quick and Charged, and you can mix up your Physical and Energy moves for different results.

Yeah, it was exactly like that! You can switch modes mid- combo, so you end up with something different. Attacks are seperated between the modes, so you have quick attacks for Angel, heavy for Demon, and average for Normal, but you also have charged attacks that you can use.

So, it is a good thing or a bad thing?

It's a good thing, definitely. I didn't like having seperate movesets between styles in DMC 3 and as I liked how they made switching styles easier in DMC 4, I still wasn't feelin' it. So being able to switch up like that with ease was fun for me. But the fact all the moves were still seperate urked me a little.

So you're like me then! I say that if you have different attacks, you put them all on shape buttons or get out!

*laughs* Yeah, like, if it were me, I would put strong attacks on triangle and quick on square, and just hold them for charge attacks.

Then use directional buttons for different moves?

Yeah.

What about the grappling hook?

Oh yeah, that was nice, but I felt like was very easy to overuse. To the challenge out of it, ya know? Like, back in DMC 3, the fact that some of your moves knocked you opponents back made it a challenge to continuously chain your moves, so the trick was how you were going to use- let's say- stinger to reach your opponents while at the same time trying not to use it repetitively. The grappling hook took that challenge away so I felt like an advanced player even though I just played the game.

But wasn't that the same concept used in DMC 4? I thought they kept it because it helped.

It does, it's a great thing for newbie players to get used to how fast DMC is and reduced the difficulty of connecting moves, but there's a point where it's too easy.

What do you mean?

Well, air combat is a higher focus in DmC than in the other games, and with the grappling hook you can stay in the air for a long time. Kind of ruins the hardwork that was needed in mastering air time back in the old series, like when trying to learn jump cancelling.

So, the grappling hook is too big of an advantage then?

A little bit, yeah. I mean, it's not like it doesn't have its perks but I feel like there should be a limit to how far those advantages go. Plus, it's dual nature is a little redundant.

You mean like how in Angel mode you go toward your opponent and in Demon you pull 'em?

Yeah, I mean, why? If there's an enemy too big for you to pull, why even have that option?

*laughs* I see your point. So should it stay or go?

Personally, I rather it go. It's not like it was never really needed since people were able to find ways to get past the challenges different moves, like Stinger, put out. I remember when I was playing Bloody Palace and did this awesome combo with Rebellion and Nevan. That's when I realized I had become an advanced player.

And how do you feel about the modes? I guess from what you said so far that they're a good addition.

Good, but like I said they're as unnecessary the styles. NT basically redid Heavenly Sword in this one.

Can you talk about the button layout? I assume that the L2 and R2 are the stance moves, which I think would be a little bit weird to get used to. But then how weapon switching work?

Technically, there is no real "weapon" switching.

Because Rebellion is supposed to be a conduit for the modes right?

Yeah, you're gonna place the weapons in Angel or Demon slots so switching modes is basically switching weapons.

That's convenient, you're basically switching styles and modes all at the same time.

But it's almost like playing a fast version of Heavenly Sword.

So button layouts are similar then?

Yep, L2 and R2 are now Mode buttons. The O button's for the grapple.

What about moves though?

Same thing as always, you just hold the analog stick in a particular direction while pressing triangle. And the attacks are time like usual, so you can delay them for different combos.

So there's nothing radical about the button layout?

Nope.

Oh yeah, almost forgot, where did you fight?

Some place in the city, can't really specify where.

Oh okay, and that's about it? Nothing new?

That's about all I can tell since it was only a playtest.

Well, this was cool. Doesn't seem like it's going to be too bad. Is it worth the buy?

As a DMC fan, I'd rather go without it. The feel of it is fast, but not DMC, a cheap copy like I said. It was great and fun, no doubt you'll have a blast playing, but if you're looking for a DMC game, you might want to wait until a real sequel comes out.

You can say that from just a playtest?

Well, yeah, even though I don't know about the story, the gameplay is different enough and if gameplay is a key feature of DMC, then this isn't really a DMC game. There's definitly a difference between the gameplay of the old series and this new game. Almost as different as DMC 1&2 and DMC 3&4.

So another abrupt change in the franchise courtesy of Capcom?

Yep.

After that we started talking about other stuff. So what do you guys think?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Hey, guys! I found out that a playtester of DmC was in my neighborhood after me and him were just talking about it. I went ahead and recorded our conversation so I can write it down for you guys, he said he didn't mind at all. So here it is in Q&A form:

So they didn't see much of a story then? it was just gameplay?

ZeroLove

That was really awesome. I hope it's legit. From what he says, the game sounds like it is worth picking up and give a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom