• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

So this guy at 4Chan claims he tested the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazel

Let's go to the park and feed the trolls
So there is no lock on button? WTH What kind of rubbish H&S does not have a lock on button? WTH NT?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
The best hack and slash needs no lock on. Ninja Gaiden and bayonetta have none.

Silly peoples, the greatest Hack and slash was the one I made up
Phoenix Wright : Stopping the forgery

You play as Phoenix Wright as the mafia tries to stop you from investigating a series of murder cases that they are somehow connected to, you beat the crap out of them with the Samurai Spear (from his 3rd case) and then use traditional Phoenix Wright gameplay to investigate the crime scenes. In the 13th and final case you find the connection.

gameplay consist of using the Samurai Spear, hot coffee, and text bubbles to chain combo's together to drive off the mafia. Complete with launcher attacks, heavy attacks, light attacks, and ranged attacks.

ReRave

smug jerk
well, the game looks awesome, but I'm not sure how this can work without lock-on. He obviously does moves like high rise, that needed you to push lock-on, back and sword, but how will this one go? How do you alternate between different moves tied to one button?

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
well, the game looks awesome, but I'm not sure how this can work without lock-on. He obviously does moves like high rise, that needed you to push lock-on, back and sword, but how will this one go? How do you alternate between different moves tied to one button?

Agreeing. I can't imagine older DMC's without this one of signature features.

Hazel

Let's go to the park and feed the trolls
Ok, I've simmered down a bit now. After re-watching the gameplay again it looks like we'll have to hold down the buttons for the alternate "lock on" attacks. e.g. y=attack LS toward enemy+hold down y=stinger (continue hold down=million stabs?) So while we may have to learn some new muscle memory at least we won't lose any complexity there. I can live with it.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
"Why you'll love new dante,whether you want to or not"

This statement is disturbing in some levels.Especially for fanboys and fangirls.
i agree, people don't have to like the new dante if they don't want to, also the guy writing the article is wrong on some things. for example jump canceling has not been ditched, it's in the game and we've seen it in the latest demo footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom