• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Silent Hill 2

thesaunderschild

What are your thoughts on the game, and upcoming spin off games and the next movie?

I cannot help but think that, other than RE4, the lighting looks better than Capcom's RE Engine remakes. Although the original RE2 and 3 mostly took place at night, so I suppose that's partly why everything looks so dimly lit.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
No interest based on what's shown, capcom and ea remakes of resi and dead space were top notch, while sh2 looks mediocre to me and clunky.

Should have been handled by a better team i think.

thesaunderschild

Well, I think it's good to have new characters rather than bringing back the same ones. A common complaint I have with Resident Evil is that the series has evolved so greatly, Ca$hcom is just trying to whore out mundane junk. Every hero is like somebody in the MCU. This means even the player cannot feel scared.

At least Silent Hill fans are not the muroidea, sheepfold type that RE fans always are. I've always found Konami's fans to be more sympathetic, understanding, and so on. From what I have personally observed, at least. We tend not to fight amongst ourselves.

The people on Biohaze sometimes have a go at Mert20004 if he talks about RE6 being his favourite game, just because it isn't the critical darling RE4 is. But they most certainly hint to me that I go overboard with my ranting.

Maybe I do, but at least I like to keep it real. There's no need to have faux feelings when it comes to a series I've been following for decades. It's always best just to be truthful about your opinions on the state of gaming or entertainment as a whole. Although people need to remember that they are just that, of course. One's own opinions. So it shouldn't matter if you feel differently. It's pretty dumb if they do feel angry over anything one posted on a forum online.

Edited for yet another typo.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

From what I have personally observed, at least. We tend not to fight amongst ourselves.
Every fanbase have its stupid argument.

One of the most active thread in the Silent Hill 2 remake board in GameFAQs is about how people viewed the game negatively because a nurse was seen vaulting over a low wall with one arm.

Even way back then, I remember people arguing over a Silent Hill preview screenshot because Heather is seen holding a sub-machine gun.
The bloodbath at the time was how "full-auto weapons don't belong in Silent Hill", resulting in all sorts of "weapon experts" popping up left and right to explain how the gun in the screenshot is not a sub-machine gun and so on.

There isn't any fanbase that's immune to dumb arguments and contrarian behavior.

thesaunderschild

Are you gonna advance order the collector's edition, @Goldsickle?

I always just get the standard edition.

I hope Konami will provide an update about the other games actively in development soon, which are f and Townfall.

Great. Another typo.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I hope Konami will provide an update about the other games actively in development soon, which are f and Townfall.
This honestly is what bothered me the most about the Transmission. They made the barest acknowledgement of them existing at the start but afterwards not a single mention. They didn't have to show anything, but even just confirmation that the other games are on track and will hopefully be shown in a future Transmission would have been enough.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
To be fair the graphics are not the nail in the coffin, people could adjust. It is the gameplay that put me off, it looks so clunky to me and just isn't the same atmosphere or feel to it which is a shame.

Maybe they will polish it up and fix it, but who knows.

thesaunderschild

The gameplay wasn't that great in the original SH2 either, especially with auto-aim. The combat was probably supposed to feel like that.

People say RE6 sucks, but that was the first game in the RE series where players could move around and shoot. It was totally needed in that game, though. The enemies got annoying - FAST!

thesaunderschild

When I noticed Annapurna Interactive was gonna be a partner at Summer Game Fest, I hoped to see a snippet of news about Silent Hill: Townfall at long last. That game got announced way back in October of 2022, and they did say some news was coming in 2024 about it. But meh. The wait continues...

Alan Wake II has new DLC coming in the next day, and a physical collector's edition is due out this autumn too.

Last edited:

thesaunderschild

Konami can just go GTFO for firing Team Silent to begin with. :D

I guess there's little point in complaining about it now, but it just feels dumb of them to do something like that, since the talent was already there under their employ. And according to Wikipedia, a bunch of games were planned, only for Konami to cancel them.

Top Bottom