• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

*sighs, prepares to run* Twilight, Love or Hate?

Twilight...

• Guh...mention that again and I will be sick...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bella? A role model?? BWAHAHAHAHAA! I still like it though...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm very indifferent about Twilight, I feel nothing towards it either way, I hate the fact that people consider it to be some sort of instant literary masterpiece, but I can understand why people may like it.
Personally, it doesn't appeal to me, never will, never has done, though I've never been one to openly try and tell people that they shouldn't read or watch Twilight, whatever floats your boat really.

Dark_Victory

Underworld Angel
I used to like it, but it got ruined for me. I wouldn't say it's the greatest piece of literature ever and I certainly don't understand the huge amount of fangirls who are in love with Edward and all them but whatever.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
I havent read the book, but i have seen the movie. To me it was, meh, nasing speshal, could have done a lot better.
From what i`ve read and heard, the language it`s written is more for children than grownups(no wonder kids love it), wich isnt really my style.
Uncool.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
RebeccaBuchanan;174265 said:
...does this mean you like Twilight?

No, it means that I think if she can get that tripe published, then certainly I could get something published as well. :lol:

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I don't hate Twilight, and I read the first book before it became main stream and a literal obsession to 14 year old girls. (I'm not insulting 14year olds and saying it's only 14 year olds. I've read stories of those over their 40's obsessed w/Twilight series) I say it's the rabid fans that annoy me.

Darcy Willows

Substitute Soul reaper :D
The film got on my nerves, i got so sick of hearing people at school swoon dramatically over Edward cullen and say how amazing it was so i was majestically taken to see it, yes i have to say, I kinda enjoyed the plotline and some of the characters were cute but it was a huge letdown and I had no idea that the girls in my english class had no taste in good movies

aka958

Don't trust people
I hate it... that i won't keep a secret. i mean is that going to be called a vampire? Dracula is an vampire, Blade is an half vampire but Edward isn't even close to be a vampire in any way...

but that is just me... i sincerely hate it but i don't go around and say: "Don't watch it" or "Don't read it, it is trash"... if someone like it then like it. just that people don't go around nagging to me about it (not you i mean other people that goes to me and start talking about it)

Keaton

Premium
I don't mind the inital premise and I know all there is to know (nearly) about the story because my girlfriend is a big Twilight fan. But, the movies kinda killed the vague enjoyment that I had reading them (well...started reading Twilight...and read the Draft of Midnight Sun).

The movies are too...words can't discribe.

I'm by no means a fan, but I like the story but nawt the movies. ^^

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
well i watched the movie thought it was ok...
then i read the book it's way better than the movie--Way Better!
i don't think it's one of the greatest pieces of writing ever made but it's a good book.

RebeccaBuchanan

Blaze Knight
i have nothing against SANE fans of twilight, OK? provided they know that twilight is not the freakin' bible, they're fine with me

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
^ Yeah. Every large enough fandom has its own set of wackos. Two of my sisters like Twilight, but it's more of a guilty pleasure thing for them (plus my older sister wishes to seduce Robert Pattinson).

I would make fun of Twilight fans, but I am a 26-year-old woman who still watches Transformers. I don't really have a leg to stand on there. :lol:

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Bad Wolf;174662 said:
I would make fun of Twilight fans, but I am a 26-year-old woman who still watches Transformers. I don't really have a leg to stand on there. :lol:

There is absolutely no shame in that. :lol:

---

On topic though, I resent the crazy Twilight fans, I almost got mauled by a group when they heard me say that Twilight was a pathetic excuse for a piece of literature, sadly, a lot of that group were male...Which around here, is becoming more common and that's starting to worry me.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
Thank you. :) I did not make it, though (my skills with Photoshop are rather...lacking).

To get back on topic, I have to admit that my reactions to people mentioning the book are mostly exaggerated. Most everyone I know realizes I don't really care that much about them.

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
my step sister also wants to seduce Rob (fat chance of that happening). but anyway alot of my friends are kinda big on Twilight so i dont say much about it in front of them.

Top Bottom