• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Shouldn't we DMC fans be grateful about DmC instead of acting like it was something unwanted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@ ROCKMAN

Yeah,but the point is not to trash talk it,just as the rest stopped hating on DmC on this forum in a rude manner,everyone should do the same.

When did it stop? Did I miss something here? There's always at least one fanatical anti-DmC fanboy who's got to get their rant in again on just about every DmC thread. People couldn't even talk about the soundtrack without someone trying to tear that down because they hate everything DmC. Even if it's done in a passive aggressive manner it doesn't change the fact it's still consistently being done.

*sigh* Can't we just like both?

Or how about dem biscuits that was brought up earlier? :w00t:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
t
mqdefault.jpg

The short where that picture is from is hilarious.

Kazuki Nanbu

well....no, i'm not grateful because i didn't want a reboot, the game is bad? no, is not BUT is not the game i want

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
what's the deal with DMC 2 ? anyway i said the story was a big mess after DMC 4 and not to mention the continuity is something like this :-

> DMC 3
*Dante is inuyasha
> DMC 1
*dante is dante again
>DMC anime
*Dante is kinda like DMC 1 dante ?
> DMC Anime/4
*Dante is again inuyasha again ?
*Nero is sparda's relative ?
*Dante is just in the story because just for the sake of it
DMC2
*Something happened again and Dante is a depressed mute !?

this much inconsistency is bound to happen when you retcon a game and then release another prequel a reboot is the easiest way to fix all the story problems and character inconsistencies.

Yes, but Capcom has never expressed interest in fixing all story problems before - that's part of what confuses me about making a reboot after DMC4. Sure, it had plotholes, Nero being a large one, but even DMC fans have been able to come up with ways to explain where he came from. Aside from that, Capcom wasn't bothered at all by DMC2 having no real connection to DMC1, nor were they bothered when they decided to make Vergil alive instead of dead/abducted in DMC3. So I can't say DMC4's plotholes were the reason for the reboot (DmC).

MY Point:We should stop saying "DmC was unwanted" when it was kinda inevitable.

Why? I think that
1. Capcom could have made a DMC game that went on with Nero and gave some closure to the story of Dante, making Nero the next Sparda, perhaps letting him have children himself. The series would be coming full circle.

2. Not only could another DMC game have been made, the reboot was not even inevitable, considering most, if not all of the plotholes in DMC4 have already been fixed on this forum. It seems to be Capcom's own fault that they can't get out of their quicksand.

>The plot is the defeat of Sanctus and the destruction of the Order of the Sword
That's like 10% of the story 90% of story was mostly about nero&kyrie yelling at each other staring at each and boring romantic cliched stuff.

No, plots are fixed (as in stagnant) from the get-go. It's not what the characters individually do in the games, it's the story they play out and the ending they work towards obtaining. Call it a bad script, fine, but it has no direct connection to the plot.

>A few shouts doesn't make it a terrible game
I never said DMC 4 was "Terrible" it just isn't a good game from a story standpoint and the characters are obnoxious at best except for credo.. because he was the only character who wasn't having melodramatic seizures.

Well, fair enough. However, I can't remember any DMC game that had a truly excellent plot. Besides, criticizing DMC4 for doing nothing to advance the overall DMC story is a bit odd, considering the DMC series has never had a consistent story. DMC1 - Dante battles and defeats Mundus, the demon king/the devil, if you will. In doing so, he takes the place of Sparda as the savior and Jesus figure. DMC2 - Dante is suddenly somewhere on Dumary Island, with totally new characters. DMC3 - Vergil is somehow alive (plothole) and Dante's origins are explored a bit. DMC4 - random plot of 'kill this guy who tries to emulate Sparda' (Santus), and help bring a new-age Sparda into maturity (Nero).

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
well....no, i'm not grateful because i didn't want a reboot, the game is bad? no, is not BUT is not the game i want

That would be my view, too. I feel that if a reboot is necessary because the previous games have been 'messed up', then they should just end the Devil May Cry series. The damage is done, the fans are just going to get upset, and the employees at Capcom are going to get bored working on Devil May Cry games all the time. Not to mention that DmC is like a rehash of DMC1 and DMC3 on some levels. There's no use in recycling old ideas unless you know it will work and when some time has passed. At some point, enough is enough. Even Hideo Kojima said that he's going to end the MGS series with MGS V: The Phantom Pain. Sometimes you just have to do the right thing and decide it has been a good ride (though I would still like a DMC game to end the DMC series with a bang).

When did it stop? Did I miss something here? There's always at least one fanatical anti-DmC fanboy who's got to get their rant in again on just about every DmC thread. People couldn't even talk about the soundtrack without someone trying to tear that down because they hate everything DmC. Even if it's done in a passive aggressive manner it doesn't change the fact it's still consistently being done.

*sigh* Can't we just like both?

Or how about dem biscuits that was brought up earlier? :w00t:
Hmm..Lately I haven't seen,or if they were,they left or didn't talk too much.
But check the latest threads full of useless arguings -_-.

It's impossible for everyone to like them both,it's a rhetorical question you got there friend xD.

To get things 'sweeter' on here,free biscuits for everyone :
Biscuiti.jpg

*ahem* I guess this what appears in my mind when I say biscuits xD.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Since Fortuna was a tightly knit community, everyone knew that Nero's mother was a prostitute.

No quite. Everyone assumed she was a prostitute because of how common they were but there is no evidence that that was the case. No one knows who left Nero at the door step of the orphanage and no one knows who his mother is, that was just the conclusion they drew.

DMCGamer1989

No quite. Everyone assumed she was a prostitute because of how common they were but there is no evidence that that was the case. No one knows who left Nero at the door step of the orphanage and no one knows who his mother is, that was just the conclusion they drew.

Oh, my bad, thanks for clearing that up.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
just as the rest stopped hating on DmC on this forum in a rude manner...
No. Nope. Sorry. Does not compute.

There are still many, many, many instances in this forum where people like to trash DmC. And it will just keep going, until I can get my internment Happy Camps in place, and make allow people to see that DmC wasn't that bad -- :troll:

As I pointed out in my other thread, there are a few things that could be taken from DmC and put into DMC5 to create a better game (and vice versa of course).

Tables

...chairs?
I generally don't like remakes, because the devs always change things i love about the game. For example, they changed Dante, the new Dante is a [insert swearing here], i can't stand him, he's an a-hole.

Basically the only thing devs don't change are the gameplay and i guess some parts of the story (devil stuff are still in the DmC, after all, it's called Devil May Cry... Devil May Cry.)

Yeah, about the title, i don't like it, DmC Devil May Cry, who came up with that? Seriously, it's like Capcom hired a kid to come up with that title. Sure it's not an important thing, it's just a title, but that's a nitpick i have about this game.

IMO they should have kept the old Dante/Vergil/everything, and made a sequel to DMC1, since DMC2 is not truly a sequel since there's no actual story in that game, and DMC3 is a prequel. As for DMC4, i never played that game, so i don't know where it takes place.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I generally don't like remakes, because the devs always change things i love about the game. For example, they changed Dante, the new Dante is a [insert swearing here], i can't stand him, he's an a-hole.

He's really just DMC3 Dante, but says the F-word.

Yeah, about the title, i don't like it, DmC Devil May Cry, who came up with that? Seriously, it's like Capcom hired a kid to come up with that title. Sure it's not an important thing, it's just a title, but that's a nitpick i have about this game.

That's understandable, but pretty nip picky like you said. That's like me saying "I don't like the DMC1 logo! Trish is demoralized as a sex object in that title and I hate it!"

IMO they should have kept the old Dante/Vergil/everything, and made a sequel to DMC1, since DMC2 is not truly a sequel since there's no actual story in that game, and DMC3 is a prequel. As for DMC4, i never played that game, so i don't know where it takes place.

DMC4 takes place about 6 years after DMC1. And if they did make a sequel, I hope Dante was as he was in DMC1 and not as he is in DMC4.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
There are people on this forum who trash DmC.
There are people on this forum who trash DMC (mostly the fourth game).
There are people on this forum who trash things.

Moving on.

Who wants cake?
I'm more of a waffle girl myself :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom