• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should Heaven or Hell be removed?

Should Heaven or Hell be removed?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Heavens no!

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I never understood the purpose of that mode. Making it so that both you and your enemies die in one hit is boring and I don't see the point in it and defeats the purpose of the combo-heavy nature of the franchise. I basically just play it once for the sake of completion and don't touch it again.

I think it could totally be removed as a staple difficulty mode and replaced by something else. Anyone else feel the same? And what would you put in its stead?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I feel it should be removed , and replaced with legendary dark knight mode

That might not be possible, as consoles struggle to handle such ludicrous amounts of enemies on screen all at once. It took an entire generation forward for DMC4 to be able to implement it outside of PC.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Well current gen could handle it I think , least the X and pro could , I mean DMC4 se did okay with ldk on the base consoles

And next gen should definitely be able to handle it

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DMC4SE is based on an older engine, of course LDK was gonna work on PS4 and XOne. But the point is that the consoles DMC4 originally came out for weren't able to handle LDK in any way. The same thing would be true for DMC5 on current consoles, there's no way they'd be able to manage LDK on the RE Engine, I guarantee you that. Maybe, and I stress maybe, the Pro and the One X could, but the mode you'd be replacing Heaven or Hell with would be a staple one and as such, it should be accessible to everyone playing on every version of every platform, now and in the future.

As much as I'd love LDK as a staple difficulty mode, it's just not a realistic option.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Well current gen could handle it I think , least the X and pro could , I mean DMC4 se did okay with ldk on the base consoles

And next gen should definitely be able to handle it
No they can't handle it... Thats not how it work, a Ps5 could handle a DMC5 whit legendary dark knight but a ps4 can't not even the ps4 pro since both this console struggle to maintain 60 fps as the game is right now, go watch the digital foundry analysis of dmc 5 on YouTube to see what I m talking about... Dmc 4 was an old generation game whit old graphic and effect taken to a new generation that s why you can have legendary dark knight... More powerful console means more powerful game but you Wil always bee restricted by that same power... You cannot have 20 enemy in raw on ps4 and ps4 pro and Xbox one x in dmc 5 unless you sacrifice the fps or some graphic and effect... Also the digital foundry analisys say that the game run better on normal ps4 since is always at 60 fps during gameplay and drop only few times, while on Xbox one x and nomarl Xbox struggle to maintain the 60 fps even if th Xbox one x is more powerful, sometimes even drope at 40 fps... Also i think that heaven or hell is good even if unecesarry the could replace it whit another difficulty or put that if you die once in heaven or hell you must play the mission from the start, or they must take out the fire weapon so you cannot shoot enemy and make things easyer

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
A lot of fight in the game is within a confined space with barriers with some more open ones , it's not like every inch of the map needs to be covered by enemies all at once

Play mission 17 in DMC4 on ldk and see what I mean

The question was what I would replace it with

Ldk whether it works now or works next gen is my answer

Plus we aren't Gona get ldk for DMC5

I was talking about future games

Goldsickle

F***ing keep it.

I find it very convenient to breeze through HoH to look for hidden items or to fulfill specific Achievements.
Like there are three different paths in Mission 16, each of them contains a hidden item and once you take the path, you need to restart the stage to get through the other path.

I also like how completing the game in HoH makes the enemies all one-hit kill in the ending credits of DMC3.
Makes the goal of killing them all a lot easier.

Vergil95

They should put more trap like dmc 3 or 4 to keep heaven or hell entertaining and also put more explosive enemy and enemy that shoot from distance

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
They should put more trap like dmc 3 or 4 to keep heaven or hell entertaining and also put more explosive enemy and enemy that shoot from distance

These are suggestions that deal with your ability to die on one hit rather than the enemies. But we got Hell and Hell for it.

I feel like whatever we can come up with in regards to the enemies though, would just better off be something implemented on Hell or Hell or as a standalone modifier or something.

Heaven or Hell is just a joke of a mode to me, and destined to be so no matter what. I'd rather have Gods Must Die in its place.

Vergil95

These are suggestions that deal with your ability to die on one hit rather than the enemies. But we got Hell and Hell for it.

I feel like whatever we can come up with in regards to the enemies though, would just better off be something implemented on Hell or Hell or as a standalone modifier or something.

Heaven or Hell is just a joke of a mode to me, and destined to be so no matter what. I'd rather have Gods Must Die in its place.
They should change enemy to keep it entertaining, they should put more enemy that shoot from distance and also put enemy that must be killed whit specific weapon and take out the gun, because unless is just for fun... They should put a timer for ending the level, 2 minutes per level, this would be fun

Last edited:

Vergil95

Just like in fighting games, the idea of playing around keep-away in DMC too gives me cancer.

Please no. That gives me DmC PTSD.

Eh, I mean, you can breeze through it even without the gun. Would still be boring.
Different challange from the actual game that the point of the change I sayd, but yes heaven or hell is pretty uselless, but It can stay for me since you don't have to complete it in dmc 5 to unlock hell and hell and there is no trophy connection to it

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Yes b'y I agree

Tried the mode myself once with DMC4. Literally just shoot everything with a normal shot and you're fine? Can understand Hell and Hell mode for the pros, but does the game need 2 easy modes?

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Never got much into using it, but I don't see need to get rid of it if people have fun with it or expect it.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Most of you are missing the point... Heaven or Hell is a joke mode. So I say, keep it, but do not make it required for full completion. Also, it might be good for it to include things such as ragdolling, cheers and confetti flying out of killed opponents, some opponents may detonate in fireworks if shot by guns (and you die if you get hit by said fireworks) - maybe homing rockets similar to those from Road Runner - and so on. Make it fun.

berto

I Saw the Devil
That might not be possible, as consoles struggle to handle such ludicrous amounts of enemies on screen all at once. It took an entire generation forward for DMC4 to be able to implement it outside of PC.
The current generation is ending. It might not be so difficult for the next to pull it off with ease.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
For me, Heaven or Hell mode was a nice relax mode after being tormented in Dante Must Die mode.

I say keep it, just for laughs.

Top Bottom