• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Should Heaven or Hell be removed?

Should Heaven or Hell be removed?

• Hell yeah!

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Heavens no!

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters

berto

I Saw the Devil
For DMC5 maybe. But what about a 6, with even more advanced graphics, effects and physics?
Do you really want that? What for? The games look pretty enough as is, adding more and more serves no real purpose. The graphics shouldn't be the selling point. I don't even think the game needed to look as pretty as it does now.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Do you really want that?

It's not about what I want. It's about how the industry works, always has worked. Limits have always been pushed and will continue to get pushed, hardware evolves to accommodate that advancement and allow for more.

Even ignoring the fact that I do think graphics and spectacular effects (and advanced physics especially) indeed matter in games like this, that's just the way it's gonna go, the RE Engine is only at its first incarnation and you can bet it's gonna get refined and pushed harder with the new console generation. That's the nature of the industry inherently, which is why I say LDK is too demanding a mode to be made a staple, realistically.

Meg

I say keep. Heaven or Hell is the victory lap mode for when you finished the game on one of the harder ones. I personally got a lot of enjoyment out of one shotting enemies that caused me a lot of torment on previous play throughs. Definitely agree there should be fireworks and confetti explosions added in.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I say it should be kept. It's like Meg said, it's basically a victory lap, and it's sorely needed after playing through DMD. Nothing says "catharsis" like deleting Beowulf with a single pistol shot.

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom