• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

S.T.A.L.K.E.R - Loyal Opposition.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Garviel chuckled, "Well...I'm not really a rookie. I've fought quite a few times before. It was all minor stuff. I'm just relatively new to Freedom. Heh, sorry...my name is Garviel, although, you can just call me Cyanurus. I'd actually prefer it, if you wouldn't mind." He kicked a rock away, "So...we going to wait for anyone else, or are we going to get this show on the road?"

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
"We shoud get ready". Death grab his Dragunov and telled the others."Lets head to the Army Warehouses, lets make this quick and a pain for the enemy".

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wraith nodded. "The Freedom faction practically fills it's fuel tanks on idiocy, always spinning their wheels but never truly doing anything of value. All they really want is the right to grab whatever they can from the wreckage, and if they ever do, they'll tear each other apart for it." He drank all of his vodka in one gulp and placed the shot glass on the table, upside down. "You're good at sabotage, eh? I once rigged thirty Freedom vehicles to explode on start-up. Those were some good fireworks, I assure you."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Sounds mighty impressive my friend...I would have loved to see such a beautiful display of pyrotechnics, perhaps we shall see something to the same effect on our travels together, yes?"

Ghost yawned, stretching his arms...He opened up the blue crate at his feet, pulling out his customised Lynx SVD and placing it on the table.

"She has served me well for 10 years now, essentially rebuilt from the ground up with custom parts, significant range increase, as well as accuracy and stopping power compared to the Dragunov class rifles the Freedom grunts are carrying...Never jammed on me once either, take a look."

He handed his rifle over to Wraith.

"And might I see what you're using, comrade?"

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Phoenix turned to the newcomer. "Pleased to meet you Cyanurus. Now that the pleasentries are over with... i agree, lets get moving..."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wraith, wordlessly, placed his Chaser 13 on the table. "I prefer to get in close. I'm not afraid of dying, and this thing packs one hell of a punch. All it needs is a bayonet, and it'd be perfect." He then put his pistol on the table. "This one's pretty reliable too. Never jammed once, it's got decent stopping power and the recoil is nearly nothing. I don't need to modify it, because it's fine as it is."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Hmm, Chaser 13...A reliable weapon in most situations, ammo is plentiful and it rarely craps out on you! A fine choice...Ah yes, my sidearm, of course."

Ghost reached down to the box once more, pulling out a modified, matte black Desert Eagle, with Steppe Eagle engraved along the slide.

"A modified Desert Eagle...Built from the ground up for accuracy, no recoil, intense accuracy, could pull off a headshot from several hundred meters if I liked..."

He picked up his rifle, slinging the strap over his shoulder, then holstered his pistol before standing up.

"Anyway comrade, I believe we have made pleasantries for long enough, as I said, I assume you know the details of this contract and it would appear that no one else is coming...Suits me just fine, I get to find out if the person I'm working with is trustworthy...So, shall we get a move on?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wraith grabbed his guns and pumped his Chaser 13. "Thought you'd never ask. 'Bout time we get to blow open some Freedom skulls." He stood up and pulled out money for his drink, setting it on the table. Then, in a rare fit of generosity, pulled out money for Ghost's and set it on the table as well. "Consider it a "thanks for talking" gift."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"I'm starting to like you more and more Wraith, at this rate I believe we shall get on quite well...But remember, the Freedom skulls are for later, you're a newcomer, so it's traditional Bandit clearing duty for the time being...That, and we have to recover that scientist's Flash Drive, I doubt it would be too difficult."

Ghost began walking for the exit, turning the corner and walking up the stairs into the sunlight.

"The victory round is on me when we get back."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wraith scoffed. "Bandits... They don't know what they've gotten themselves into." He stood up and walked with Ghost, fingering his gun's trigger. "My parents used to have a saying before they were killed. Keep an ear to the ground and a finger on the trigger. Wise words to live by."

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Shy looked from Wolf to Boomtown, who know seemed to be walking away. Once his full form retreated, she stood up and walked towards Wolf.

"Well, I'ma assume you were talking to me, since no one here seems as...worthy as I do." Shy smiled a c0cky smile and pulled her blonde hair into a ponytail. "So...?"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Wolf glanced up at the girl that stood before him, removing his freshly lit cigarette from his mouth and placing it behind his ear, he persisted in playing his guitar.

"So indeed missy, I'll assume that you're...Shy, correct? Well, you look it at any rate, but you don't act it, hah! You might be amusing to have around here, might bring some life to this dead old place..."

He strummed out a few more chords on his guitar before reaching for yet another box, he clicked it open and pulled out a silencer and a Walther P99.

"For you, I notice you have a scope attached to that AK there, screw the silencer on there and it'll be an ideal marksman weapon, that is...Until you get something that packs a bit more of a punch, and the side arm...Well, it came with one of the supply drops a while back, Duty guard most have dropped it in, don't have much use for it so it's all yours. Anyway, your job's the same as his for the time being, nothing else we need doing until those bandits are cleared out of the train station, might I suggest that you catch up with Boomtown sharpish before he does all the work for you?"

Wolf pulled up a bottle of vodka from his stash, pouring a small shot into a glass before holding it up to Shy.

"Little bit of Russian Courage before you go lass?"

~~~

"Truer words were never spoken friend, your parents sounded like wise people, hope they passed on plenty of that knowledge, it'll help you survive out here."

Ghost turned yet another corner around a warehouse building, he looked inside, seeing several Loners who'd made it up from the Cordon in the south inside, gathered around a flaming barrel.

"Their camp isn't too far away, just on the west side of Rostok, about a mile or so away."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Ghost smiled. "Good man, you just follow my lead and we'll see what happens from there...Ah, here we go."

Ghost and Wraith came up to a Duty checkpoint, one of the border guards came forward.

"'Sup Ghost? Just you two on this one? Huh, thought there'd be more of you heading out, still, can't stop ya if you still wanna go for it."

Ghost stopped and faced the Duty border guard, addressing him.

"Only need two of us friend, they're bandits, what harm can they do to a Duty veteran and an already skilled soldier? They've got numbers, but we have tactics and surprise."

"Alright, if you say so Ghost, we'll let ya pass, just don't stink the place up with your corpse if you die."

Ghost laughed, then gestured for Wraith to follow on.

"Western side of Rostok is just beyond this point, bandit central across here, you sure you got everything you need? Make sure before we leave, might not be back for a day at least."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wraith thought a bit and then nodded confidently. "We got all we need. Let's blow open some skulls." He turned to look outward at the vast expanse. "Makes you feel incredibly tiny, being here..."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Ghost nodded. "Yeah...Makes you feel insignificant out here doesn't it? Like your life really doesn't make much of an impact on the world in the grand scheme of things...Still, life is short, and it's about to get shorter for those bandits, lock and load."

Ghost removed the strap from his custom Dragunov and slid a fresh magazine into the slot, an audible clunking noise came from the hefty rifle as he pulled back the loading bolt, he walked through the checkpoint, crossing under old metal support structures and scaffolding, likely an old building site.

Emerging on the other side, he took immediate cover behind a burnt out car, looking down the scope of his rifle to survey the scene, waiting for Wraith.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wraith stayed with Ghost, only allowing himself to fall behind so he could watch the back. "So, are they in there?" He muttered softly. "Not much of a base, but then again, bandits aren't much for making things look fancy." He pumped his Chaser and grinned. "They don't know what they got themselves into."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Doesn't look like they've got a patrol wondering aro-"

Ghost was stopped in his tracks as a burst of three shots zipped past his head, coming so close he could hear a slight ringing in his ears after they'd gone.

"Jesus christ! That was a little too close."

He peered back up over the wreckage with his rifle, his sights trained on the beady head of the bandit hidden up in the wooden ramparts of the makeshift fortress that lay before them.

"Heheh...So you wanna play sniper, do you?"

Ghost squeezed the trigger, the air around them cracked as the bullet sped out of the muzzle, twirling, revolving and spinning in mid air, the heavy calibre shot connected with the bandit's head, clean between the eyes. A blood spray plastered the wall behind the ex-bandit, the scope of Ghost's rifle was filled with a red mist.

"Red mist baby...More of them incoming comrade, cover me whilst I take out the remainder of the snipers on the ramparts."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wraith, pulling out his pistol, expertly sniped two of the bandits and then pulled out his shotgun, blowing the third's entire torso apart. "Too easy. They have no coordination. They just run up and attack and expect to win? Pathetic."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"They're less intelligent than Freedom, and that's saying something."

Ghost squeezed the trigger again, then adjusted the rifle's line of sight, before shooting once more, both the bullet spiralled off in different directions, hitting two more snipers clean in the forehead.

"It's like shooting fish in a barrel, I swear."

Three more snipers ran across the wooden ramparts and took up aim, they opened fire on fully automatic, Ghost pulled Wraith down with him behind the car as the torrent of bullets were unloaded.

Silence came briefly, they were reloading, Ghost popped his head up above the car once more, expertly shooting each sniper on the deck. One of the bodies of the dead bandits fell from the upper window into the parking lot they were located in.

"Three more coming in from the left, watch yourself."

Top Bottom