• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil keeps getting milked. Pass the coo!

Piranha Plant

A bit of a rant awaits ya.

As a fan of survival horror games for some 20 plus years, I'm on the verge of just giving up with the genre. Acceptance is the key. I do not wish anybody to support something any more, if it ain't making them happy like it used to.

I'll be honest. I was already sick of the gazillion action oriented RE games since 2005 and the dull remakes, but they just cannot stop going back to 1998 for reasons only known to Capcom. So I'm about done.

It's actually really annoying. Raccoon City was blown up in the climax to RE3. Yet since 1999, Capcom has felt the need to provide multiple takes on the same outcome. I think we get it.

Whether this occurs in games or films, they always go back to 1998 and repeat the same plot points. It's now 2024. Can they not bring back characters fans wanna see again, like Billy Coen? Oh, but they just alter how they look. Jill looks the same in the latest animated movie as what she does in the RE3 remake. Like, FFS.

Billy hasn't been in any canon storylines after RE0. This is the kind of stuff they could be focusing on, as nobody knows if he really did massacre those African people.

I understand companies love to make money. It's a cutthroat world we live in. But doing the same sort of games and stuff just screams out "cash grab" in my book. So at least try something new that's still in line with RE, and leave the classics alone, never to be ruined.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I just want them to go back to leon and claire again, i have zero interest in the winters family.

I miss it being about zombies and the t virus, i mean magic mold powers? Lmao that is cringe.

Piranha Plant

I thought it was strange how crows were in the movie called Welcome to Raccoon City, but not in the game it cut and pasted from, RE2. At least not the remake. :oops:

Don't count on the crows or the spiders being in RE1 remake 2 either. :ROFL:

blackblur187

you think with all the sales they made with death island they bring back jill but nope its always the inconsistent one off characters and other bullshit writing that capcom just cant help themselves with.

Piranha Plant

I thought Julia Voth and Sally Cahill were the best Jill and Ada. But they must be long retired, or it's because Capcom preferred to go with a union.

This YouTuber made a really good video about the "fake fans" of RE. Although I'm split 50/50 as to whether that's a derogatory term in general.

Calling a select group of gamers fake and so on may be unfair, as I do believe that people born in the late 2000s just simply never got to experience the classics. But then again, it's not easy to tell whether this is the case or if they just disregard old games.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Most of the planet is infected in the resi world now, so i say go back to leon and claire and maybe go to tokyo or london or new yorm or another big city or urban area again, but a devastated and war torn like version of it.

You can make a large sandbox map with multiple approaches or routes to objectives, and keep the main story linear.Please just go back to the t-virus, and move away from the winters and the castlevania like story 8 was.

Piranha Plant

They have had a lot of other viruses in the franchise since the T-Virus. The RE wiki on fandom.com details loads of different pathogens that Umbrella has been responsible for creating.

The G-Virus was the one developed by William Birkin in RE2, having talked to Wesker about needing more time to work on it when addressing him in RE0. This was before Hunk and his unit came and he got shot.

Piranha Plant

As long as it ain't the crap from resi 7 and 8 then i am happy.

I hate RE8 too. It was an absolutely stupid game that was trying to rip off RE4 so that Capcom could laugh at us, all the way to the bank.

This fight against Karl Heisenberg just looks so dumb, because he turns into a massive machine, courtesy of that mould nonsense.

The other bosses in the game are just as ridiculous, like that puppet in the house and Lady D herself...

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
That is exactly why i want to winters to get buried under the capcom studio

And go back to leon and claire and chris.Resi has lost it's identity since 5 onward tbh.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I hope leon is back, but not if it is this new mold monsters and werewolves and vampires.

It isn't castlevania or supernatural, it is reaident evil. Was always based on science before.

Piranha Plant

They're really gonna have to push on ahead with this "Blue Umbrella" hooey that Capcom began in RE7, because as stupid as most of their current storylines are with this fantasy nonsense, this one has me intrigued. So they ought to be focusing on where this can lead to.

Otherwise, it's going to look as if Capcom got lost in the fold with their creative writing.

The last time we saw Chris, his unit were preparing to confront the BSAA in Europe. So like, go do that, Capcom. Reveal what's going on over there, instead of just making up rubbish to milk the series or pad it out.

Top Bottom