• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil keeps getting milked. Pass the coo!

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I don't think 5 warrants a remake to be honest, it isn't as good as 2-3 and 4 to start

Plus it is more modern than they were and got a remaster already.

Piranha Plant

Summer Game Fest is this month, and Capcom is one of the partners. The full timetable for the event should be available soon.

I would think that something RE related should appear, as every few years for a long time, Capcom has revealed RE2, RE8, etc.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Oh come on, new characters again for re9, why can't they just go back to leon and claire.

The winters suck, i have very little faith in new protagonists. As for resi 5 remake, probably going to pass as 5 was the weakest of the mainline games before the winters for me, yes that includes 6 lol.

Story is 5 was meh, maps and gameplay were meh too and sheva is hands down the worst ai i have ever experienced in a game in terms of being dumb. All i heard every 10 seconds on professional was Chirs Help as she ran into zombie masses and went down for the hundreth time.

Piranha Plant

Re-watching this scene from Zero makes me yearn for Billy Coen's return.

We can get two games with the faceless Ethan Winters, but not one more outing with Billy which could reveal whether he was innocent or not.

Meh.

Piranha Plant

If they remade RE1 again (assuming if), a full on reboot may be pointless. Although to be honest, I just don't see Capcom going down that route, especially with the remakes, sequels, animated films and numerous additional media. But they do need to consider the age of the mainline characters, because unless it's factual that these pathogens make them age slowly, they'll be like an old fogey before we know it. And an old man or lady seen battling all manner of Umbrella's hellspawn as an OAP might just come across as pretty daft, whether you're a "true fan" or relatively new to the series.

We are gonna need new faces, too. Not the boring Winters and characters like that. But it may be difficult at this stage to 'replace' the veterans, as everyone is so attached to Leon Kennedy, and so on.

Goldsickle

Oh come on, new characters again for re9, why can't they just go back to leon and claire.
I wasn't so sure if Resident Evil will ever get a sequel and was happy to find out that RE2 is being developed.

... starring two new characters, Leon and Eliza (later changed to Claire).
What happened to Chris, Jill & Barry? D:

From that point, I didn't have a problem with brand new characters and got used to it a long time ago.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
To be fair though chris got shown in the last 2 games

Leon and jill and claire and more have not been heard from or seen in a game in years, i just want some closure to their story arcs rather than starting a brand new arc with characters who may only last one or two games.

Piranha Plant

Roger Craig Smith, we miss ya. :giggle:

He was the best Chris.

Are games becoming so woke that Bloober Team needed consultants? When I saw this dude's one video about it, I was like, WHAT!?

Oh, gee. Too sexist. Too violent. Too this. Too that. Boo-freaking-hoo!

Honestly. Who cares? It's a flipping horror game, for God's sake. Stop being so sensitive over content in a game, movie, TV show, or whatever. :ROFL:

"We made RE8 less scary because 200 out of 5,789,329 fanboys felt that 7 was too scary, Mary, pudding and pie. You kissed Lady D, and made her cry!"-Ca$hcom

Benny

Code Veronica is such a drag to play. I tried the game 2nd time and it still took me 5 hours to finish, despite knowing what path should I go to first. This is the game I wouldn't mind if capcom cut some content in remake

I played both versions of CV. It's funny how irrelevant Wesker was in original release (not CVX) and now people said he's the best RE villain because who even played the version when he was that pathetic? Alexia slapped him 2 times, Wesker immediately fled like a dog with tail between his legs, and that was the last time he appeared in original CV lol

Last edited:

Piranha Plant

I think they probably could have included all the Wesker scenes to begin with, but just wanted to find a way to sell more copies. Because Capcom knew PlayStation fanboys were never really into the Dreamcast, which was a good wee console at the time. However, it had a relatively short run.

It's like that GameCube exclusivity deal Shinji had with RE4. It ended up being ported to the PS2 in late 2005 with extra content not in the first release.

Capcom loves to milk their fans. I see that never changing.

Benny

I think they probably could have included all the Wesker scenes to begin with
Maybe they could...? But it would make fans question which version is more canon, since CVX add more with Wesker's motive besides getting sample from Alexia. OG CV Wesker was just a lackey hired by who-care-lol company and he came to the island only for the mission he had to do. Chris's arrival wasn't part of his plan, Alexia clapped his ass and then he ran the end. In CVX he was still a lackey, plus "Um Chris actually you coming to island is always part of my keikaku lmao. You blowed up Alexia was supposed to ruin my mission but out of convenience I can just retrieve T-Veronica sample from this dead teen boy corpse I found lol. Anyway time for our shounen rivalry last battle."

And so they picked CVX as definitive version I suppose

Piranha Plant

Post Trauma looks like a great horror game. The first Tormented Souls was well received, so I look forward to the second part being released.

The famous 90's point 'n click horror game Clock Tower: The First Fear was recently remastered and translated, as Clock Tower: Rewind.

Just waiting on those RE updates, yo!

Piranha Plant

They'll eventually run out of games to remake, but I think RE5 will likely be their next pick for a re-imagining, just because it is a shooter, so they sell well.

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
A bit of a rant awaits ya.

As a fan of survival horror games for some 20 plus years, I'm on the verge of just giving up with the genre. Acceptance is the key. I do not wish anybody to support something any more, if it ain't making them happy like it used to.

I'll be honest. I was already sick of the gazillion action oriented RE games since 2005 and the dull remakes, but they just cannot stop going back to 1998 for reasons only known to Capcom. So I'm about done.

It's actually really annoying. Raccoon City was blown up in the climax to RE3. Yet since 1999, Capcom has felt the need to provide multiple takes on the same outcome. I think we get it.

Whether this occurs in games or films, they always go back to 1998 and repeat the same plot points. It's now 2024. Can they not bring back characters fans wanna see again, like Billy Coen? Oh, but they just alter how they look. Jill looks the same in the latest animated movie as what she does in the RE3 remake. Like, FFS.

Billy hasn't been in any canon storylines after RE0. This is the kind of stuff they could be focusing on, as nobody knows if he really did massacre those African people.

I understand companies love to make money. It's a cutthroat world we live in. But doing the same sort of games and stuff just screams out "cash grab" in my book. So at least try something new that's still in line with RE, and leave the classics alone, never to be ruined.
Maybe Resident Evil has lost its charm but the horror genre still lives well I say. Actually Im quite optimistic about it. These days alot of indie games and official games are around. Some good titles out there. Obviously NOT Silent Hill either but there are other games. Konami screwed with SIlent Hill as well. Whats with these super realistic characters in games. Turns me off. If I play games I expect at least some game graphic experience. I dont need to see how realistic you can make it. Thne I rather watch a movie or something. Please keep the game experience as a game not a movie.
I just want them to go back to leon and claire again, i have zero interest in the winters family.

I miss it being about zombies and the t virus, i mean magic mold powers? Lmao that is cringe.
I know right.
They should reboot it and go full supernatural....oh wait thats Alone in the Dark/Silent hill/Alan Wake....XD
Haha. xd
you think with all the sales they made with death island they bring back jill but nope its always the inconsistent one off characters and other bullshit writing that capcom just cant help themselves with.
Seriously, I dont see Jill at all in RE3 Remake. I only see some kind of influencer model/actor brown blonde girl. No offense. Where is Jill? Why you make them look so realistic and changing their appearance every frigging time. Defeats the point of games to me...
Perfer a remake of code veronica myself, or a more fleshed out revelations game.
If they did a good job and scrap the way they make these games with a fresh new style from scratch maybe. Alas I doubt they are going to change soon...
I don't think 5 warrants a remake to be honest, it isn't as good as 2-3 and 4 to start

Plus it is more modern than they were and got a remaster already.
Really hate the original 5 too. Its not that bad but if they are going to remake it at least fix the ****ty gameplay involving co-op inventory. Also jeez make some space for Chris. Why is Sheva always moving so close... Its really annoying.
If they remade RE1 again (assuming if), a full on reboot may be pointless. Although to be honest, I just don't see Capcom going down that route, especially with the remakes, sequels, animated films and numerous additional media. But they do need to consider the age of the mainline characters, because unless it's factual that these pathogens make them age slowly, they'll be like an old fogey before we know it. And an old man or lady seen battling all manner of Umbrella's hellspawn as an OAP might just come across as pretty daft, whether you're a "true fan" or relatively new to the series.

We are gonna need new faces, too. Not the boring Winters and characters like that. But it may be difficult at this stage to 'replace' the veterans, as everyone is so attached to Leon Kennedy, and so on.
We dont need a 2nd remake. The first one was enough.

Piranha Plant

Why the hell was this cameo from Barry not in the RE3 remake?

No Barry? No buy!

Of course, we bought it not knowing that Capcom lazily left out 90% of the original game until after we'd completed it / watched others get through this abomination. :LOL:

Top Bottom