• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6 coming to PS4 & Xbox One

Dark Drakan

Admin
Capcom's announced PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ports of Resident Evil 4, 5 and 6.

Resident Evil 6 comes out on 29th March and includes all the additional post-launch DLC (so, all the costumes originally only available through ResidentEvil.net).

Resident Evil 5 follows in the summer, and Resident Evil 4 comes out in the autumn. All three games cost £15.99 each.

SOURCE

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wonder why they're doing it backwards? Not that I'm particularly complaining, they're all good games, but considering I JUST beat RE4 it feels a little cheatsy. X3

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Wonder why they're doing it backwards? Not that I'm particularly complaining, they're all good games, but considering I JUST beat RE4 it feels a little cheatsy. X3
Probably because RE6 is the most recent game and therefore the most likely to make money.
That's what I think anyway.

Frazz

General gamer
Huh, so that guy on 4chan was telling the truth. A few weeks ago a guy claiming to work for Capcom wanted opinions on the matter and wanted to see if people would be interested. All I wanted to know is if they were going to have a physical release but I got no answer.

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=GsHC2tb7l64
Apparently on the Americas get a physical release. I'll have to import... Dammit Capcom, surely after DMC4:SE they'd know we hate it when they don't release the games physically worldwide.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Apparently on the Americas get a physical release. I'll have to import... Dammit Capcom, surely after DMC4:SE they'd know we hate it when they don't release the games physically worldwide.
That's great news. Don't worry mate, you'll just have to wait a bit till someone sells it in your region so you don't have to be overcharge for S&H. DMC4SE is now available on US soil, you just have to check to see that the seller isn't from Hong Kong or similar areas.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief

But you'll get more green herbs this way lol.

Anyway it would be cool if it was possible to put ResidentEvil 4, 5, & 6 & wherever the ResidentEvil titles in between would go, all on one disk & one digital version.
Where gamers could play from ResidentEvil 4 to ResidentEvil 6 in gigantic game.

Maybe there is still a posibility that they release a collection kind of like the Origins Collection, that would be pretty sweet.

berto

I Saw the Devil
RE4 would be the easiest to port, I'd think. It's got less requirements since it was a gamecube/PS2 game and it's already been ported to everything, including cell phones, so the data should be ready to re-code.

I'd like a bit more out of my RE4 experience, too. RE4HD for the PS3 and it was just shy of done right. It was full of small inconsistencies that made it just irksome enough to not enjoy as much as the original. They could add costumes to it and all of the games, for one.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I hate to sound like a contrarian, but I'd prefer RE3, Code Veronica X, and... that other one.

There really isn't a reason to get 1 and 2 since 1 has already been remade, and there's a 2 remaster on the way.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I hate to sound like a contrarian, but I'd prefer RE3, Code Veronica X, and... that other one.

There really isn't a reason to get 1 and 2 since 1 has already been remade, and there's a 2 remaster on the way.

"That other one"? You mean Zero?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
If they're actually upgrading the games for next-gen consoles, in terms of features, slight graphical tweaks, gameplay adjustments (like they did with DMC4: SE, not a complete overhaul but a beefed-up port), then I might consider getting it just for RE5.

If nothing substantial is being added, I'll stick to my PC version. I have no urge to play RE4, and have no human reason whatsoever to even TOUCH RE6 ever again, unless they sit down and adjust the abhorrent gameplay inconsistencies and lack of polish of that game (in other words, a whole different game entirely).

Good thing I'm not a massive fan of the franchise, otherwise I'd be ****ed. This is the series' 30th Anniversary, right? I'd think a new game entirely would be a better course of action...

But, hey, what do I know? I'm just a wolf in outer space.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Wishful thinking that RE5 & RE4 released much later is due to them adding walk-and-shoot.
I don't think I'd be too angry if they did that for 5, might even be happy about it, but I rather have it as optional for 4, I'm kinda of purist when it comes to some things.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Has anyone heard anything on the physical releases. RE6 is out in a few weeks and I can't find a single place that's actually carrying it. Not Capcom Store, not GameStop, not Amazon. Where can one get a physical copy, it's 4 weeks away, you'd think there be listing by now.

Top Bottom