• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Remember...

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
Me. JK.

Remember what the style system was for? To prevent button-mashing and repetitive use of a single combo as I've come know it. That's just me however. Seriously when I get a SSS ranking in this game it doesn't feel to rewarding cuz 1) the color-****ing-code enemies and 2) The style meter doesn't even go down unless you get hit which is pretty much easily avoided in all situations even on the higher difficulties. I feel like I'm playing a wannabe Bayonetta when it comes to this game.

The Final Offer

tumblr_mneqmgjgcb1qh88bzo1_500.gif

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Yeah, that sounds like a made-up problem.

I get that it's way WAY harder to score S ranks in the earlier games and I hate the color-coded goons too, but then the complaint about a "wannabe Bayonetta"...

Not at all sure what we're trying to say with this one.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Forget it, Dragonmaster.

Him, mr. swagger or whatever, and burning shovels have launched an all-out assault in a desperate bid to make DmC look bad in comparison to DMC4.

Dear God, I can't stop laughing... XD
Not at all sure what we're trying to say with this one.
He's trying to say DmC sucks donkey ****. Same message, different words.
Oh, and welcome back. We could use more supporters now that haters have decided to storm the base...

Last edited:
Allow those petty mechanical pseudo demons to hit you when you feel you don't deserve that style rank you got.

Stygians have feelings too.

I see no problem in this. I felt awesome when I got to S rank in DMC4, now I feel awesome when I stay on S rank in DmC.
Although, I do get hit pretty often by those freaking harpies which surround me and then do their dance macabre, hitting me like an idiot while I try to fight 10000 stygians and 3 witches below.
I also have problems with colored rages. I just hate it when I have to use Osiris to deal with the blue one, which of course takes years and years of painful hard work. I get hit a trizillion times in the process.
Congrats to you if you manage to avoid being hit at higher difficulties.
And Bayonetta wannabe...huh?!

Meg

Guys, this isn't a war between supporters and haters. :facepalm: It's a forum to discuss opinions. And for awhile now, negative opinions regarding DmC haven't been welcome at all. Sometimes it's better to just not post if all you're going to do is post a meme or GIF showing your distain for what was said. There's nothing wrong with ignoring a thread if you disagree with what's being said.

The OP has every right to prefer the style system just has all of you have every right to prefer DmC's combat system. They both have great things about them that make for similar but still different gameplay experiences. I personally like the style system a lot. I thought DmC's combat was overall solid but still lacking. If you guys what to discuss our different tastes, then by all means.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The OP has every right to prefer the style system just has all of you have every right to prefer DmC's combat system.

True there is preferring one over the other, and then there's making thread after thread to belittle DmC's merit. I don't mind the preference, I mind the the influence for the thread at all given his history with DmC's topics.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
Hmm, If the combat change in DmC wasn't your cup of tea then that is fine however to say that cool and challenging things can't be done with the game at all seems a bit silly.

Meg

True there is preferring one over the other, and then there's making thread after thread to belittle DmC's merit. I don't mind the preference, I mind the the influence for the thread at all given his history with DmC's topics.
So don't respond. If his dislike of DmC goes into trolling territory, then the staff will handle it. No one else has to respond to his stuff. Because if a mod looks at this thread now, all they're going to see is the OP and a bunch of posts that don't add anything. Take the high ground and don't respond to threads like this if they bother you rather than posting GIFs and memes that don't contribute. You'll make yourself and other DmC fans look good.

Unless you do actually want to talk about DmC's combat system. :happy: I do.

Like I said before, I prefer the style system, but I also think DmC did a (mostly) good job combining the different style moves together. I just wish they found a way to get Royal Guard in there since it's my favorite. :'( One thing DmC Dante has over DMC4 Dante is that he can close the distance between himself and enemies instantly. I really took Nero for granted in DMC4, so when you switch to Dante it was grating having run after enemies that got sent flying. I love how they combined Nero and Dante's fighting style in DmC.

As far as the ranking goes, I think it makes sense how it is. Yeah, it's easier to get a S rank in the reboot, but it still feels good. And having the music tied to your rank is awesome. Getting a S rank and having the vocals come in always feels great. I hate getting hit and the music going back to only being the percussion or whatever. Ugh. :thumbsdown: It's really motivating to do better.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Guys, this isn't a war between supporters and haters. :facepalm: It's a forum to discuss opinions. And for awhile now, negative opinions regarding DmC haven't been welcome at all. Sometimes it's better to just not post if all you're going to do is post a meme or GIF showing your distain for what was said. There's nothing wrong with ignoring a thread if you disagree with what's being said.

The OP has every right to prefer the style system just has all of you have every right to prefer DmC's combat system. They both have great things about them that make for similar but still different gameplay experiences. I personally like the style system a lot. I thought DmC's combat was overall solid but still lacking. If you guys what to discuss our different tastes, then by all means.

So don't respond. If his dislike of DmC goes into trolling territory, then the staff will handle it. No one else has to respond to his stuff. Because if a mod looks at this thread now, all they're going to see is the OP and a bunch of posts that don't add anything. Take the high ground and don't respond to threads like this if they bother you rather than posting GIFs and memes that don't contribute. You'll make yourself and other DmC fans look good.

Smartest things anyone has said for some time and the staff DO see these posts. If people opted to take the mature route and not take peoples bait and choose not to reply to posts rather than as Meg said posting nothing more than sarcastic meme pics all the time then half these issues would never arise. By taking the bait and replying you are the oxygen to the flames that escalates things and will end up being burned too.

ChaserTech

I couldn't agree more.

I've honestly been getting some negative responses from people solely because I want to critique the game's combat system while analyzing it. (almost for the entire amount of time I've been here) It's not wrong to analyze a combat system by any means and I don't think people should play the "DmC Hater" card every time it happens. And if you don't like with what is being said, just ignore the thread or ignore the person.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Remember_the_Fifth_of_November_by_kab9263.png
3cfc33c60112ebf1bd690ef147e654031ed0b9bb.jpg
main.jpg

I'm good at remembering things.
Seriously though, Tyrant, as someone who PREFERS the style system over the stance system. Just a word of advice, a lot of DmC fans on this site tend to feel the need to gang up on anyone who dare criticize the game

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Me. JK.

Remember what the style system was for? To prevent button-mashing and repetitive use of a single combo as I've come know it.
Well, button-mashing in DmC also isn't gonna do you anything good.

That's just me however. Seriously when I get a SSS ranking in this game it doesn't feel to rewarding
I somewhat disagree to this cuz it's at S ranking when vocals and **** start kicking in. Motivational to an extent, I'd say.

cuz 1) the color-****ing-code enemies

The sole reason I stopped playing this game. Couldn't keep myself interested, but I did complete son of sparda.

and 2) The style meter doesn't even go down unless you get hit which is pretty much easily avoided in all situations even on the higher difficulties.

This I can agree with. Although, I didn't go past SoS but from how much I played, it wasn't difficult to know the pattern and audio clues that game gave us.

I feel like I'm playing a wannabe Bayonetta when it comes to this game.

I know they made the gameplay more accessible, but this is a little harsh thing to say. Don't you think?

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Well i only play on DMD mode/ H&H mode because it is quite easy on any other difficulty. Granted it still feels like a cake walk on these modes, i take it as i've mastered evasions so its very uncommon to be hit by an enemy.

When ever i play DMC4, i have to remember how to fight all over, so starting off in Bloodypalace is pretty much signing my death certificate. But as long as i'm starting the game half way with Dante, i can Distortion my way up to SSS rank in every battle, and not switching styles, just weapons

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

dangit meg, yet again you make a post that I completely agree with.:smile:

I share your sentiments exactly right down to a tee regarding this supporter vs hater thing this forum has.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
o_O...:bored:...:shifty:...:facepalm:...:meh:...:frown:...:grumpy:...:happy:...:D...:laugh:

hehehe...

hahaha...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :banghead:

SSSSwagmasterMLGDmCplaya

Forget it, Dragonmaster.

Him, mr. swagger or whatever, and burning shovels have launched an all-out assault in a desperate bid to make DmC look bad in comparison to DMC4.

Dear God, I can't stop laughing... XD

He's trying to say DmC sucks donkey ****. Same message, different words.
Oh, and welcome back. We could use more supporters now that haters have decided to storm the base...

Its funny you're still in a forum where rules are constantly enforced. Your troll is oozing from this post, even your post in another topic:

'TIS A FAIR COMPARISON CUZ AH SEH SO.

Seriously though, SamD, thank God you showed up. I was just thinking, "When is that guy gonna show up and set these guys straight??

You made me see the light on DmC's combat system, and it shames me to see that no one else really got the point except TXA, Dragonmaster, and maybe Chancey.

But hey, what do I know, Im just a "hater" (oooo that's oh so original). But of course, you'll act careless, because you've wasted all your ammo in this DmC fiasco, and all you can do now is count on your psychological defense mechanisms to aid you. Their biggest weapon: trolling.

Exejpgwmv

Its funny you're still in a forum where rules are constantly enforced. Your troll is oozing from this post, even your post in another topic:

But hey, what do I know, Im just a "hater" (oooo that's oh so original). But of course, you'll act careless, because you've wasted all your ammo in this DmC fiasco, and all you can do now is count on your psychological defense mechanisms to aid you. Their biggest weapon: trolling.

How is he being a troll?

So you don't like the style system.
Okay, now what?

Top Bottom