• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been avoided?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
What I disagree with is the way he is put up on a piedestal and his opinion praised as if it is the word of a god. That is how I experienced people do on forums and kinda used him as a "legit" shield to back up their own opinions which in the end was just a mere extension of what he said, if not the exact same thing he said. Like a doomsayer holding a bible.
Now that I have actually seen one of his videos, I don't like the way he presents his opinion. He sounds like nothing else than a raging fanboy who tries to find every possible way to hate on Capcom, Ninja Theory, the new devil May Cry, whatever, because he is butthurt about the changes made in the game. He strengthens the stereotypes of a raging fanboy and an angry black man.
He's just a random youtube blogger with an opinion which he has voiced. He isn't the messiah or truesayer of the gaming world. Play the game and make your own opinion of it instead of following this guy like a sheep.
Despite him doing these videos by request

Azurel

What I disagree with is the way he is put up on a piedestal and his opinion praised as if it is the word of a god. That is how I experienced people do on forums and kinda used him as a "legit" shield to back up their own opinions which in the end was just a mere extension of what he said, if not the exact same thing he said. Like a doomsayer holding a bible.
Now that I have actually seen one of his videos, I don't like the way he presents his opinion. He sounds like nothing else than a raging fanboy who tries to find every possible way to hate on Capcom, Ninja Theory, the new devil May Cry, whatever, because he is butthurt about the changes made in the game. He strengthens the stereotypes of a raging fanboy and an angry black man.
He's just a random youtube blogger with an opinion which he has voiced. He isn't the messiah or truesayer of the gaming world. Play the game and make your own opinion of it instead of following this guy like a sheep.

Indeed, he does no favors for those he represents. He makes them all look bad.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Remember this:

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been
avoided?

Yeah. This is the topic. Can we now let this Event Rest in Aside, please?
Thank you.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
He says we make the gaming community look bad. He makes anti-DmC gamers look bad just by saying that.
He says that because people support a game that doesn't know what it is (reboot, rebirth, alternative universe), talks smack about the original franchise how it is not cool anymore but uses punk rock which is 40 years old, says that it is going to be more dark and serious but then show a thing close to DMC 3 dante...and started adding a bunch of stuff that if I recall Tameem said weren't cool and how he was going to change and revolutionize DMC...but yet he is taking things from other games....talking crap about the fans that don't support the game.... so after all of that people still seem to support the game...and then people from what I heard from this page go and attack him on race....really? and sometimes I wonder why people here want to be taken seriously if they pull that stunt....but Im not pointing my finger at everyone...so what I don't understand and haven't been fully convinced is to why is there all the hate...give me a valid reason not some bull crap

Azurel

h
He says that because people support a game that doesn't know what it is (reboot, rebirth, alternative universe), talks smack about the original franchise how it is not cool anymore but uses punk rock which is 40 years old, says that it is going to be more dark and serious but then show a thing close to DMC 3 dante...and started adding a bunch of stuff that if I recall Tameem said weren't cool and how he was going to change and revolutionize DMC...but yet he is taking things from other games....talking crap about the fans that don't support the game.... so after all of that people still seem to support the game...and then people from what I heard from this page go and attack him on race....really? and sometimes I wonder why people here want to be taken seriously if they pull that stunt....but Im not pointing my finger at everyone...so what I don't understand and haven't been fully convinced is to why is there all the hate...give me a valid reason not some bull crap

He also said this trailer was nothing like the original DMC series. You can't pick and choose what he says if you're going to agree with him. 'Cause in his mind, everything that spews out of his mouth, is the absolute truth.

If he had presented himself in a calm manner, and not call the fans masochistic assholes and whatnot, then maybe they wouldn't be so angry. You don't kick a hornets' nest and complain that they stung you.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
h

He also said this trailer was nothing like the original DMC. You can't pick and choose what he says if you're going to agree with him. 'Cause in his mind, everything that spews out of his mouth, is the absolute truth.
Which most of the time are other peoples post and articles he gets from the internet...i dont follow you?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Why watch his vids if you just gonna go cry in a corner later?
haha hey i'm not crying in a corner i don't even have corners in my room, my room is circular lol just kidding but seriously don't try to insult me please, and to be honest the reason i watched his videos was to see what all the uproar was about, because like zerolove has said people praise his word like it's facts when it's not, these videos are just event's opinions. and that's great that event takes the initiative to voice his opinion, but what isn't great is when people follow his opinion like it is fact. i'm not even gonna lie event does do his research and he does present facts, but the way he presents these facts is twisted along with assumptions. but i can definitely tell he's not some idiot fanboy who just gets on his webcam and yells "Y DANTE HAIR NO WHITE!!" event definitely does his research and clearly shows his opinion. me personally i just do not agree with his opinion.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Doesn't everyone have their own opinion? Why should one person speak for everyone else. Even if this guy does vids on request, who is he speaking for? Because he isn't speaking for me. I have my own opinion about this game i don't need someone else to tell me what i think.

And punk rock still exists! (i'm sick of pointing that out)

ReRave

smug jerk
http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/psm3-interview.10457/page-2#post-333673

Took a while to dig this up.
Now, as you can see, this might serve to somehow restore some of my credibility, but I am sure people will find it lacking still.
I might try to deconstruct another of his videos like this, but I'm not going to lie: I don't really want to (yeah, yeah, call me hypocrite again, if you think that's what this is). It's a lot of work and I'm not the kind of guy who takes time for this kind of things, when there's tons of other stuff to do. You can ask me for proof for my arguments or the foundations of my opinion, and I might deliver, but this is no pastime to me.

Top Bottom