• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been avoided?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
More power to you, man. Just be careful. If you do this, this guy will retaliate. I thought about doing it, but then said, "nah.."
well see that's just it. i'm giving him no reason to retaliate, because just like him i'm only voicing my opinion and i think event will realize that and respect my opinion as long as i do it in a respectable way.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
TooCool was right when he said a reboot is what started the rage. But what exactly can be made that pleases everyone?
....hmmm:ermm:

:O(lightbulb)

I got it!! A hollowed out dildo!! perfect for everyone!!!:cool:

*falls off chair laughing*

There are rumors going around that Soul Reaver is getting a reboot. Yeah, it's a Legacy of Kain game, but I'm unsure about it as rumor has it Raziel won't be the main character.
Speaking of which, didn't LoK fans kick off when they found out SR wasn't about Kain? I'm pretty sure they did, but i was still in the Genesis era of gaming

Azurel

@Tony_Redgrave

You make some very valid points there. Nero and Raiden were both pubescent effeminate teens, but that probably had nothing to do with hating them. :p (kidding btw)

But anyway, major changes will always be greeted with hate, as it was with Wind Waker, and that turned out rather well.

And did you hear main even when he talked about you?? He said you were "mistaken" when you called him a "game reviewer" and said well maybe the first game I review will be DmC! (he says DmC like its a bad taste in his mouth)

well see that's just it. i'm giving him no reason to retaliate, because just like him i'm only voicing my opinion and i think event will realize that and respect my opinion as long as i do it in a respectable way.

Well, I'm not too sure about that, but let's hope for the best, anyway.

*falls off chair laughing*

There are rumors going around that Soul Reaver is getting a reboot. Yeah, it's a Legacy of Kain game, but I'm unsure about it as rumor has it Raziel won't be the main character.
Speaking of which, didn't LoK fans kick off when they found out SR wasn't about Kain? I'm pretty sure they did, but i was still in the Genesis era of gaming

Indeed they did. And you're close, it was the early days of PS1, so still Genesis-ish era, more or less.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
well thank you for that spawnshooter, btw HELLO! :D i haven't seen you around the forums in a really long time.
the only thing i want to prevent is people coming to me and saying things like, "Oh you went against what eventstatus said! you just started a war!" because that's not what i'm trying to accomplish at all. event has actually inspired me to do this, and he even asks someone to take up the challenge in his latest video. well i'm gonna try to be that guy. :)

I think if you were to contact him in a respectful he may be willing to do a bit of a collab with you, hell you guys could possibly parody the situation, a video showing "haterz" and "skeptics" having a laugh may help stop this stupid segregation. A lot of the rage in Events videos are meant to be tongue n' cheek and if you level with him he's a pretty decent guy, he's helped me out in numerous projects involved in gaming and really helped get attention for them.

But like I said if you want to do a vid go for it, I'll back you and I'm the biggest DmC hater (that's right hater not skeptic or anything fluffy) around, but guess what I hate the game, not people.

Also HELLO! :D
Oh and Mr.randomlulz, we've never met but here's a present for you for providing me with many a smile,
applejack.gif

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
@Tony_Redgrave

You make some very valid points there. Nero and Raiden were both pubescent effeminate teens, but that probably had nothing to do with hating them. :p (kidding btw)

But anyway, major changes will always be greeted with hate, as it was with Wind Waker, and that turned out rather well.

And did you hear main even when he talked about you?? He said you were "mistaken" when you called him a "game reviewer" and said well maybe the first game I review will be DmC! (he says DmC like its a bad taste in his mouth)
are you saying ES wants to review DmC? I thought he didn't like the game already

Azurel

are you saying ES wants to review DmC? I thought he didn't like the game already

He doesn't. Which is why he wants to review it. Of course he needs that opportunity to say that it's not worth your money. I'm not sure if he was serious though. Although he most likely is, due to the fact that he only started getting a lot of views after he ranted against DmC.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Event Status is actually pretty informative. He has opinions (Not facts) and he knows his stuff on DmC. The bad thing is that I can hardly hear those opinions because it's cancelled out by all that yelling. Yes people can get mad and get the rage out of their system, but this guy yells like Ninja Theory stole his girlfriend or something. Also he says that people who follow the new DmC and CAPCOM are sheep. Yet I'm sure if we open his game cabnet, we'll find a few CAPCOM games in there, namely DMC1-4. Now if he did have DMC1-4, why would he rage about CAPCOM being sheperds and everyone who follows them are sheep, when he himself (Not saying he has) has possibly bought a CAPCOM game here and there? And some people may say "I don't know that for sure" but come on, look at the passion he's yelling because of the DmC change. He must have LOVED DMC for him to be yelling his head off. Some of the stuff he says are informative, like this one,

He's not even yelling at all. He's just stating opinions and just telling people what's going on in the video game world. I agree with him on the fact that if a video game development promises something, they should keep that promise. I don't agree that you should sue that company, because the court isn't gonna waste their time on video game promises. He also says that all he wants is for CAPCOM to go back to the bad-ass gaming company they were, which I want to happen as well. (Too bad that will never happen) It seems he only yells when it comes to DmC and Ninja Theory related things, which is why I dislike him, but he has a lot of info, and that's easy to see.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
It was better that NT and Capcom told us that this was Dante early on because it allowed us to get our hate out early on. If Capcom and NT told us now that this was Dante and a DMC game, MAN I would feel so bad for NT & Capcom.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Since when that this thread become a event status hate thread again?
Cut the guy some slack,although yes i did post how he is related to the hate but i'm not hating to him there and yes i'm still watching his videos(Sport videos)
He is more fun to watch when it comes at those.

Derozio

Sexiness Personified.
Man...so many replies. :O

Well, I've been kinda busy so I couldn't really read all of the replies but just going through some on this page I can guess eventstatus is to be held responsible. For getting so many people to post (and argue?) on this thread. :p But let's not get off-topic, people.

I don't really dislike him. He is just voicing his opinion, I guess. Different people, different opinions. Not everyone's gonna like what you do. :p

Anyway, back on topic; Well, I guess bad PR, like some people said in their initial replies to this thread, can be held accountable to a very high degree when talking about the hatred this game seems to be getting from the DMC fanbase. If Tameem hadn't made that "I don't care" comment, maybe fans wouldn't have had SO much to hate on him. I don't really care about that comment, tbqh. He was right, in a way. A game might get screwed up if the developers tried to listen to every fan. But that doesn't really mean they're supposed to ignore fan response/feedback totally. I mean, look at the gameplay videos and the cutscenes. Fans wanted a better looking dante, they've tweaked his face and stuff. They wanted fluid combat and more than just three enemies on the screen, they've done that too. They wanted the style meter to come back; that, too, is done. Although for whatever they did right with this game there seems to be some quite some stuff that they couldn't 'perfect'. Like the style meter, for instance. The one in previous DMC games was better, imo. The rate at which the style ranking went up and decreased when the player wasn't doing something right was just perfect. I do like the presentation of the new style meter. Just that it should function more like it did in previous games...

Also, about the 'pulling off a Hideo Kojima': Well, I do think that revealing the protagonist's name late might've done some good. Might have made people feel they've been betrayed but eh, seriously, I think the fan backlash wouldn't have been SO harsh if they had revealed that the protagonist was Dante after they made some serious tweaks in his designs so he could look like a normal teenager instead of some drug addict...

I STILL think revealing the game engine SO early on was a BIG mistake. :p

Anyway, I guess I'll post some more after I read all those posts I've missed. And you guys better stay on topic. I wouldn't want my VERY first thread on this forum get locked, y'know. ^_^'

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I just saw the Combo Video called DMC4 Terminus and...wow...forgot how fast DMC was....and I recently saw some gameplay on DmC....yea im not convinced on the gameplay yet...well the game overall exactly

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I just saw the Combo Video called DMC4 Terminus and...wow...forgot how fast DMC was....and I recently saw some gameplay on DmC....yea im not convinced on the gameplay yet...well the game overall exactly
either compare the early missions of dmc4 to the early missions of DmC, or wait for Combo videos of DmC to compare to Combo videos of dmc4 for an accurate portrayal of gameplay.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
either compare the early missions of dmc4 to the early missions of DmC, or wait for Combo videos of DmC to compare to Combo videos of dmc4 for an accurate portrayal of gameplay.
No yea your right....I should wait I guess....comparing a demo to a full fledged game isn't really a fair comparison....but the insane Jump Canceling is not anything which i saw in DmC...cause there is glimpses of JC in DmC but its put there...unlike in DMC it is abused

God Of War has been announced
http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uz_JzsrKzPQ

Razyel

Soul Reaver
Yeah the rage could have been avoided but I think NT pulled a very brave move and somewhat succeeded, I mean bad publicity is still publicity so people were talking and mostly hating the game and probably told their friends about it...

I was hating too, but secretly believed that this game (that made me so angry) was going to be really good.

Anyways it's better to leave a bad first impression than no impression at all, and now many haters are starting to like it. The lesson is that you can't always play it safe. :cool:

Top Bottom