• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been avoided?

ReRave

smug jerk
Have you seen his videos? He makes valid points...and alot of them..
No.

He hasn't talked about the story.
Because he's just jumping on the train. He'll answer, once the hate-barometer is going high enough.

..but then again he said he wasn't going to put all of his cards on the table.
"All of his cards on the table"? What does that even mean? Eventstatus is nothing special. He's just one guy with a strong voice. His points are opinionated, badly researched (if at all, see Naughty Dog-rumours) or twisted to serve his arguments.
There's nothing to him, except a really mad dude and a laptop.

..I can't wait to see what he says.
Yeah, forming your own opinion must feel horrible.

..cause the story does sound hilarious to me.
Right. DMC was en par with Tolkien, Adams and Hobb, right?

.. I just don't understand why people here hate him if he does everything in his power to help gamers.
:troll:

..and people respect him.
Q__Q

..Hell even Hideki Kamiya liked one of his videos...
:w00t:

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
First of all: He said he didn't care about the massive waves of hate. "Concern" is something entirely different.
Second: It wasn't even an official statement during an interview from what I heard.

Yeah. Also, it's what anyone would have said. If you'd be called a faggot every second of a day you're bound to snap sometime.

"harsh"?

No. It's NT's job to create a game. That's all. Who cares about fans? Capcom doesn't. EA doesn't. NT doesn't even have fans.
It's about profit and that's how it has been since the dawn of games.

I underlined the part that doesn't matter to million-dollar-corporations.

It's hard to estimate an outrage like this, if you don't have the mindset of a five year-old yourself.

Word. DMC's fanbase consists of too many lunatics.

.... which would have led the series to a slow and unnecessary death.

The game looks the same since december last year... :blink:

Once again you decide to challenge my post with ass remarks that really did not add or help anything...

nice work.;)

Fact is that Tameen stooped to that level once he said those things. Your basically saying its ok to stoop to the level of a 5 year old for calling you a booty head. Would it not have been more "appropriate" to simply be the bigger man and not stoop to that level?

Oh and another point you tried get across is that "its ok for NT to not care about the fans since other big companies do not"? what sound reasoning you have there.....

And the game looks the same from the initial trailer?

Is that what you are trying to convey?

If so than I obviously call BS on that.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
No.

Because he's just jumping on the train. He'll answer, once the hate-barometer is going high enough.

"All of his cards on the table"? What does that even mean? Eventstatus is nothing special. He's just one guy with a strong voice. His points are opinionated, badly researched (if at all, see Naughty Dog-rumours) or twisted to serve his arguments.

Q__Q

ohhhh...just come out and attack me huh?...that s a good boy....Ill just wait and see while the game comes out so you can play with..."magical Spray paint".....
and the story NT is taking out....please...it is mediocre at its finest...lets watch Dante fight windmills all day...right?....
and there is nothing to you but a person that goes and attacks a person for a simple post...please read what you post next time....ill even help you

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
guys can will please stop arguing. this is so unnecessary, please just stop fighting one another. some people aren't going to like the game and some people are, there's no need to argue over it.

ReRave

smug jerk
Once again you decide to challenge my post with ass remarks that really did not add or help anything...
Seems like you're very insecure with your opinion being contested. How does it feel?

nice work.;)
Thanks, now get over it.

Fact is that Tameen stooped to that level once he said those things. Your basically saying its ok to stoop to the level of a 5 year old for calling you a booty head. Would it not have been more "appropriate" to simply be the bigger man and not stoop to that level?
That's your comparison? A five year-old calling you a booty head and millions of people screaming "F.A.G.G.O.T" at you over the internet for doing your job?
Sounds legit.

Oh and another point you tried get across is that "its ok for NT to not care about the fans since other big companies do not"? what sound reasoning you have there.
Who's talking about NT exclusively? This is how buisiness works: You get a job, you get it done so you can make money selling it. I don't really see what you're getting sissy about.
Name one company that genuinely cares for it's fans and hangs on their lips when designing a game, because I can't seem to find one.

And the game looks the same from the initial trailer?
December last year was the initial trailer? The game literally stayed the same for almost half a year and you're talking about "recent improvements". They added dynamic shadows, I'll give you that.

Is that what you are trying to convey?
No. Don't even know how you got that from my post.

ohhhh...just come out and attack me huh?
I'm not attacking you, we're talking about Eventstatus, remember?

...that s a good boy....Ill just wait and see while the game comes out so you can play with..."magical Spray paint".
Yeah, I get my facts off 4chan, too. Trollololololoo

and the story NT is taking out....please...it is mediocre at its finest.
Ah, "opinions". Yeah, I heard of them.

..lets watch Dante fight windmills all day...right?
Where does that happen? I know you're not serious, but where does something even remotely comparable happen?

and there is nothing to you but a person that goes and attacks a person for a simple post
Again: where do you think you are and what do you think we are talking about? This has nothing to do with you.

guys can will please stop arguing. this is so unnecessary, please just stop fighting one another. some people aren't going to like the game and some people are, there's no need to argue over it.
We're not even talking about the game here and I am certainly not fighting anyone.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Kinda hard when you have someone who challenges your post at every turn with ass remarks...

It seems that if you say anything that is not 100% pro NT that ReRave will challenge your post with his signature "smug attitude".

Pretty funny/sad really lol.

@ReRave

Wow so MILLIONS of people where really calling Tameen a faggot?:w00t:

That seems like a hell of a lot of hate, and here I thought they where the "minority" lol.

Or maybe you just pulled that number out of your ass perhaps?

And I can name one Company that listens to fans, SEGA.

All the fans complaints about the where the Sonic series was going was taken into account by Sega and they LISTENED to the fans and started putting out great Sonic games.

Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations is the prime example of CARING about what the fans have to say and listening to their complaints.

Oh and I just love how you twisted my meaning of "recent". Did you think I meant like a month or something? Obviously I meant judging by the Recent trailers from the past MONTHS. Its obvious that DmC has changed a lot from its initial 3 or so trailers which is what I obviously pointed out in my post (and you completely ignored) and that since those changes its gradually been improving on some things. THAT is what I meant by "recent".

ReRave

smug jerk
Kinda hard when you have someone who challenges your post at every turn with ass remarks...
Still not comfortable with other opinions, I see.

It seems that if you say anything that is not 100% pro NT that ReRave will challenge your post with his signature "smug attitude".[/quote]
"challenge"? I'm just saying, that you might want to consider NT's situation.

Pretty funny/sad really lol.[/quote]
What are you, fifteen?

@ReRave

Wow so MILLIONS of people where really calling Tameen a faggot?:w00t:
Forgive me for not knowing exact numbers, but youtube and facebook have been quite "enlightening".

That seems like a hell of a lot of hate, and here I thought they where the "minority" lol.
because dramatic exagerration is a buzzword and I should be ashamed for using rhethorics in my arguments. I am deeply sorry.

Or maybe you just pulled that number out of your ass perhaps?
My ass is none of your concern, weirdo.

And I can name one Company that listens to fans, SEGA.
See below.

All the fans complaints about the where the Sonic series was going was taken into account by Sega and they LISTENED to the fans and started putting out great Sonic games.
Actually, I haven't played Sonic since that one gamecube-installment 9 years ago, so I can't say anything informed.

Oh and I just love how you twisted my meaning of "recent". Did you think I meant like a month or something? Obviously I meant judging by the Recent trailer from the past MONTHS.
Again: game hasn't changed since december. That's not "twisting your point". That's adressing your point.

Its obvious that DmC has changed a lot from its initial 3 or so trailers which is what I obviously pointed out in my post (and you completely ignored)
If it was there, I would have adressed it. Point it out and I shall give you an answer.

and that since those changes its gradually been improving on some things. THAT is what I meant by "recent".
Except that's exactly what I answered to?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Please. Do amuse me by keeping this conversation civil.

As to the original meaning of the thread, rage is unavoidable. The fans are a large variety of people each to their own opinions. So of course, from the moment something changes, it's 99% possible that the thing that got changed was something that some of the fans treasured, leading them to get angry for its change. The bigger the changes, the more fans that get angry all about it. They got angry with Devil May Cry 2, they got angry with Devil May Cry 4, and now they are angry with DmC. The same thing happens with every series that tries something new. Popular examples being Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Thing is, nothing can stay the same forever for thousands of reasons, which I'm sure even the so called haters recognize, but they choose to ignore for their own benefit. Thing is, nothing can satisfy everyone and since the internet gives you the power to rage hiding, there would always be people showing their dislike in a non-mature way. That isn't always bad. Not accepting everything they serve to you, shows that you can actually think of your own, which is quite praiseworthy in our time. But there (should) are always limits in how you're going to express that. But even if everyone abided by these limits, the "rage" would still exist. Returning us to the original question again then, no. The rage could not be avoided. People even rage about DMC: HD, which is something they already know about so..yeah..

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

If it was there, I would have adressed it. Point it out and I shall give you an answer.

Here

That being said, I was initially fully against DmC. I didn't like ANYTHING I was being shown in the initial trailers and the the 2 or 3 trailers after it.

Next time read more carefully ok sport.;)

And I am trying to see this from NT's point of view, where did I give the impression that I was not?

I never said that Tameen does not have the right to be angry, he has every right to be angry and annoyed at the blind hate that is being thrown his way. I simply said that from a "business" and "PR" standpoint that it was not the right thing to do by saying those things.

somekidfromthe90's

They have been hiding with the same "work in progress" thing since the first gameplay came out....the game is due in less than 5 months and I dont see any other game using the same sentence only Ninja Theory has...so yea...
I don't know...I guess Im not convinced on the game yet...It holds potential to be a good game...but it wouldn't be up to DMC and Bayonetta Standards...just saying...
well see it this way... NT was balls deep in fan rage (and still are to a certain degree) putting up a "still in progress" sign gives some people the relief that this is not the finished product and there will be improvement. Imagine if they didn't put the sign when they released the E3 gameplay footage, people would have been ricocheting off every frikin wall. And most demos do have something similar to a "work in progress".
edit: slightly unrelated but i think that the fan heat from their comments were a little too much. I mean the "making fun of old dante" was something to get mad about but the "don't freak about white hair" and "i don't care" from alex and tameem should not have received the rage that they did. I mean with all the poverty,crime, and sickness in this world you find reason to get mad when someone says "don't freak over white hair" <-------only in our society

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Please. Do amuse me by keeping this conversation civil.

As to the original meaning of the thread, rage is unavoidable. The fans are a large variety of people each to their own opinions. So of course, from the moment something changes, it's 99% possible that the thing that got changed was something that some of the fans treasured, leading them to get angry for its change. The bigger the changes, the more fans that get angry all about it. They got angry with Devil May Cry 2, they got angry with Devil May Cry 4, and now they are angry with DmC. The same thing happens with every series that tries something new. Popular examples being Silent Hill and Resident Evil. Thing is, nothing can stay the same forever for thousands of reasons, which I'm sure even the so called haters recognize, but they choose to ignore for their own benefit. Thing is, nothing can satisfy everyone and since the internet gives you the power to rage hiding, there would always be people showing their dislike in a non-mature way. That isn't always bad. Not accepting everything they serve to you, shows that you can actually think of your own, which is quite praiseworthy in our time. But there (should) are always limits in how you're going to express that. But even if everyone abided by these limits, the "rage" would still exist. Returning us to the original question again then, no. The rage could not be avoided. People even rage about DMC: HD, which is something they already know about so..yeah..
Let me avert your attention to Kingdom hearts...Call of Duty, Sports games, Dead Rising, Grand Theft Auto, God of War,Soul Calibur, Tekken...there are more games out there too...love them or hate them...they haven't changed anything...they added some stuff...but the main concept hasn't changed in none of the games....like the saying goes...if it ain't broke don't fix it...

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
No.

Q__Q

6073055ba3bd725cf6c67cf6cbd873c9

That is all I'm gonna say, if you haven't watched his videos, then do us all that favor

Azurel

NO...that picture sums everything up........

There's no need to use caps/raise your voice with me. I was merely stating what ReRave was doing. There was no need to order anyone to be quiet. And to do so in such a manner is uncalled for.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
He was merely answering questions. Nothing more.
He was answering questions, calling Eventstatus a bad researcher when he himself admitted to not even have seen Eventstatus,
That is THE MOST BIASED HYPOCRITE I have ever seen

berto

I Saw the Devil
He was answering questions, calling Eventstatus a bad researcher when he himself admitted to not even have seen Eventstatus,
I've seen worse...

Ultimatly, though, the rage was going to be there one way or another, wherter the rp deparment handled it well or not. If you look back at the first trailer you have to admit that the change was drastic, the most drastic change I've ever seen on a reboot, and whether you liked it or not it is obviously a huge departure from the original. That's what caused the unsuing anger and even if NT or Capcom had said somthing else or had tryed to be more suthing they would still just get angry responces that would ad fuil to the fire, and silence would've been just as bad. Unfortuanatly they gave horrible responces and intead of adding plain oil to the fire they added napalm.

ReRave

smug jerk
Excuse me? I have, in front of your eyes, taken apart a whole video of him in a thread a month ago (at most two months ago), argumenting against his biased BS in a logical and rational way and yet you have the balls to say I haven't seen any of his vids and that I am a hypocrite? I took him apart, minute by ****ing minute of his video and people can vouch for that!
I am sorry, I can't go into much detail (namely digging that stuff up on my profile right now) right now, but you can contact me after this and I will look for it.
I'm out for today, need to cool down.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014

I found his research solid. And as he said, he's going to look through his previous posts and such in order to prove his worth. And I'm going to stand behind him too, because in my opinion, he's been doing some pretty solid researching.

Top Bottom