• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Rage with regards to DmC: Could it have been avoided?

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
Doesn't everyone have their own opinion? Why should one person speak for everyone else. Even if this guy does vids on request, who is he speaking for? Because he isn't speaking for me. I have my own opinion about this game i don't need someone else to tell me what i think.

And punk rock still exists! (i'm sick of pointing that out)
Where there are a hell of a bunch of people that have the same views as him..he just takes the time and tell people whats up...I don't see anyone one out there pro DmC doing what he is doing and saying why the game is awesome and why we should praise it...nope....and im glad you said that punk rock isn't dead...I was just saying that because at the time tameem said that what was cool ten years ago isn't cool now but yet he is using punk rock as a theme..which is 40 years old...it just contradicts himself...but glad there are some people still supporting it....

Azurel

Which most of the time are other peoples post and articles he gets from the internet...i dont follow you?

He said that this is nothing like the original DMC series. You said it was too much like DMC3. That would mean, if he's wrong about even this one thing, he's most likely wrong about a few other things too. But in his videos he repeatedly said that he's never wrong.

He speaks for SOME of the anti-DmC people. The people who don't agree with him are usually ridiculed in the video. Which is funny, because that's exactly what he's accusing (falsely, I might add) Ninja Theory of doing.

But wouldn't that make him a hypocrite?? IMPOSSIBLE! He is NEVER WRONG. **sarcasm**

Savvy?

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Where there are a hell of a bunch of people that have the same views as him..he just takes the time and tell people whats up...I don't see anyone one out there pro DmC doing what he is doing and saying why the game is awesome and why we should praise it...nope....and im glad you said that punk rock isn't dead...I was just saying that because at the time tameem said that what was cool ten years ago isn't cool now but yet he is using punk rock as a theme..which is 40 years old...it just contradicts himself...but glad there are some people still supporting it....
you know, i might just take up that challenge. :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium

I suppose if PRO DmC did that they'd be flamed.
I love punk rock.

Something i am noticing is that the gaming media are 'stirring' things. I've noticed in a few recent magazines they always say something that they know will infuriate fans, and then ask their opinions. The media need to decide what side they're on seeing they write for fans (and gamers as a whole and those that buy their magazines) or the side of the developers who fleece gamers of their money and sometimes insult their intelligence.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Y'know, I'm gonna just buy this game for 20$ a month after it comes out, judging by what Event said, this game is going to fail if supporters didn't like the last trailer, but the game looks good so I'm gonna price snipe it.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
He said that this is nothing like the original DMC series. You said it was too much like DMC3. That would mean, if he's wrong about even this one thing, he's most likely wrong about a few other things too. But in his videos he repeatedly said that he's never wrong.

He speaks for SOME of the anti-DmC people. The people who don't agree with him are usually ridiculed in the video. Which is funny, because that's exactly what he's accusing (falsely, I might add) Ninja Theory of doing.

But wouldn't that make him a hypocrite?? IMPOSSIBLE! He is NEVER WRONG. **sarcasm**

Savvy?
Im sorry...Im just not ignorant and open my eyes....that is why he has more followers and subscribers than this whole fanpage right? people follow him and acknowledge him and other people...like AlphaOmegaSin....because they do this because he relates to people and helps them....try to watch other videos besides the DmC ones....guys helped people out...and if you are going to be talking crap over one video then that already explains alot...like alot of people say here...its his opinion...right? or are you going to bash me for having an opinion....

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
you know, i might just take up that challenge. :)
Please curse and yell your head off and make fun of DmC hates.

The only reason i think noone is making 20 minute long videos of how good DmC is, is because they probably have better things to do. (no offense Chocolateghost) And because nothing new has been released from NT or Capcom concerning DmC. I'm surprised Event has so many videos about DmC because there are only a handful of trailers and interviews to talk about. I guess if you follow up every word with **** or **** then that can extend a video to an extremely long time.

Punk Rock hasn't died, it evolved into a personality and all the music in DmC so far sounds nothing like the 70's

Awake

Under the Promised Flag

The only reason i think noone is making 20 minute long videos of how good DmC is, is because they probably have better things to do. (no offense Chocolateghost) And because nothing new has been released from NT or Capcom concerning DmC. I'm surprised Event has so many videos about DmC because there are only a handful of trailers and interviews to talk about. I guess if you follow up every word with **** or **** then that can extend a video to an extremely long time.

Punk Rock hasn't died, it evolved into a personality and all the music in DmC so far sounds nothing like the 70's
ITs funny because there are only five videos about DmC while there are a bunch of article, interviews, video interviews, three legit trailers, and a bunch of gameplay trailers that show the exact crap all the time....so if anything there are a whole lot more of DmC he hasn't touched up on....

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium

haha no offense taken :)
well if i do do the video i'm not gonna yell and make fun of the DmC haters, even though alot of them have been very immature, but the same thing can be said about pro DmC fans.
if i do the video i'm going to do my opinion as well as facts. i will not be name-calling or any insulting of the sort because that is immature and i want people to take me seriously. now i just need to get ahold of a camera!

Azurel

Im sorry...Im just not ignorant and open my eyes....that is why he has more followers and subscribers than this whole fanpage right? people follow him and acknowledge him and other people...like AlphaOmegaSin....because they do this because he relates to people and helps them....try to watch other videos besides the DmC ones....guys helped people out...and if you are going to be talking crap over one video then that already explains alot...like alot of people say here...its his opinion...right? or are you going to bash me for having an opinion....

So have an opinion. You asked me what I meant, and I explained. You just don't want to admit even the possibility that you or him might be wrong in ANY aspect; some people might call that ignorance, but what do I know?:troll:

Oh, and some proper punctuation should be used when making a statement like that. Just saying.

If you're going to form an opinion, do it for your own personal reasons instead of repeating what other people say like it's the holy gospel...

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
ITs funny because there are only five videos about DmC while there are a bunch of article, interviews, video interviews, three legit trailers, and a bunch of gameplay trailers that show the exact crap all the time....so if anything there are a whole lot more of DmC he hasn't touched up on....
Yup, the exact same thing over and over. There are only 3 legit trailers for this game, imo. All the rest have under gone changes that they are barely even recognizable to what was shown at Captive. I'm sure ES will complain about naked Dante and maybe even be mad that it appears to control slower and why was the gameplay demo the same as two years ago, but extended beyond reason.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
haha no offense taken :)
well if i do do the video i'm not gonna yell and make fun of the DmC haters, even though alot of them have been very immature, but the same thing can be said about pro DmC fans.
if i do the video i'm going to do my opinion as well as facts i will not be name-calling or any insult of the sort because that is immature and i want people to take me seriously. now i just need to get ahold of a camera!
As long as you remember to put alot of ponies in it I will probably watch, That is the one problem I have with Eventstatus's videos. He lacks AppleJack. And if you people want a raging youtube blogger, just look up CopperCab

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
As long as you remember to put alot of ponies in it I will probably watch, That is the one problem I have with Eventstatus's videos. He lacks AppleJack. And if you people want a raging youtube blogger, just look up CopperCab
haha i might have to put a pony or two in it for you. :)

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I think you should do it chocolateghost, you're a respectful guy who presents his opinions well. Who knows it might help paint people in a better light.

Oh and FYI guys from an external perspective this just looks pathetic, it's not even arguing anymore it's just insults flying. Someone said this place represents the Dm/MC community as a whole but rather than opinions it seems to be behaviour.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I think you should do it chocolateghost, you're a respectful guy who presents his opinions well. Who knows it might help paint people in a better light.

Oh and FYI guys from an external perspective this just looks pathetic, it's not even arguing anymore it's just insults flying. Someone said this place represents the Dm/MC community as a whole but rather than opinions it seems to be behaviour.
well thank you for that spawnshooter, btw HELLO! :D i haven't seen you around the forums in a really long time.
the only thing i want to prevent is people coming to me and saying things like, "Oh you went against what eventstatus said! you just started a war!" because that's not what i'm trying to accomplish at all. event has actually inspired me to do this, and he even asks someone to take up the challenge in his latest video. well i'm gonna try to be that guy. :)

Azurel

well thank you for that spawnshooter, btw HELLO! :D i haven't seen you around the forums in a really long time.
the only thing i want to prevent is people coming to me and saying things like, "Oh you went against what eventstatus! you just started a war!" because that's not what i'm trying to accomplish at all. event has actually inspired me to do this, and he even asks someone to take up the challenge in his latest video. well i'm gonna try to be that guy. :)

More power to you, man. Just be careful. If you do this, this guy will retaliate. I thought about doing it, but then said, "nah.."

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Let me avert your attention to Kingdom hearts...Call of Duty, Sports games, Dead Rising, Grand Theft Auto, God of War,Soul Calibur, Tekken...there are more games out there too...love them or hate them...they haven't changed anything...they added some stuff...but the main concept hasn't changed in none of the games....like the saying goes...if it ain't broke don't fix it...

Those things have gone through changes as well. The difference is that the changes weren't radical. For example, Soul Blade/Calibur/etc. always adds new stuff to their games. Random characters from other companies in SCII, an arcade rpg-like-story mode in SCIII, along with a strategy-like game story featuring your own character etc. Haven't played any of the PS3 SCs. I heard though that there is no normal guard in SCV. If that's true, here you go.

The same for tekken. At least up to 5, that I know about.

God of War also evolved, game after game.

As for the sports games, and games like Call of Duty, I can't really talk because I'm not a fan of either of them, so I'll take your word for it and accept that they don't change, except from adding more players, weapons, teams and that kind of stuff.

However, those games do not NEED to go through a radical change. Sport games that come out every year just need to have the teams and players that were popular that year. So all they're doing is following reality. They don't need a scenario writer. And I'm guessing we're not discussing changes in gameplay unless they're super different. After all, DmC -the main game of this conversation - wasn't "hated" because of the gameplay. But because of the radical changes in the protagonist, the story, and the world. Maybe the word "atmosphere" sums it up. Same thing happened with the games I mentioned before, SH & RE.

Change is upon us, but comes in many forms and appearances. It is the changes in the atmosphere and feeling, and characters that creates the hate. And this kind of thing can only happen in games that actually have story. Sports and Call of Duty do not require any advance story-telling. I'm not saying DMC in general has anything advanced, but I'm pretty sure they hire scenario writers for even that little story they create in their games.

Tekken & SC are fighting games. Not much change can happen there as well. Add new characters, new moves, a general background and a villain, a small video that each character beats the villain at the end, and here you go. No need to sit down and think about any real character development, apart from the one that happened in between games (that we never see). Example for that. Raphael was kind of a bastard in SCII, but not quite mad. In SCIII he became a psycho. How and why? Who knows? They are probably blaming everything on Soul Edge or something. See my point? And in Tekken, they always go through all the trouble of creating a tournament to sort out their differences? Why? Because. Not real storytelling needed cause we both know most buy the game to play with their friends. And that's ok. But changes do happen, just not the kind of changes we see in action/rpg/adventure games.

So my whole point is summed up into this:
As long as there are radical changes in the game's atmosphere, the main character and the whole feeling, THEN the fans are sure to rage. They hated Nero because he wasn't Dante. They hated Raiden because he wasn't Snake. And the list goes on.

Hope we sorted out this.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
TooCool was right when he said a reboot is what started the rage. But what exactly can be made that pleases everyone?
....hmmm:ermm:

:O(lightbulb)

I got it!! A hollowed out dildo!! perfect for everyone!!!:cool:

Top Bottom