• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Radio

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
It's just a thought, but could we implement a radio here? It doesn't have to be manual, and it can be set up easily AFAIK using this.
What do others think?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
quiksilvershado;169572 said:
I think it sounds good. Ive no idea how it would work mind but yeah hy not? :p

All it would be is go to the page, click the song you want from the list pre-selected by admins/mods (songs can be added/removed by admins whenever) and just listen.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
I think its a bad idea as if u start listening to a song and then click on a page u want go to the song will have to re-start for each page ... unless u love the starts of songs ... and maybe the admins song choice doesnt suit everyone and for the radio , how on earth are u gonna get radio stations for evry user .... people in in america will get their local station.... and people in the uk will get theirs ... will not be possible

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ Could have a thread dedicated to song requests, and I imagine it'd be a global thing, plus considering it's a radio, it wouldn't restart every time you change page, the track would still carry on while loading, even if you couldn't necessaily hear it.

Who knows, could even make way for a new rank, Forum DJs. :lol:
It'd be interesting to see what the Admins think.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
It's not a timezone thing. It's on all the time and the admins wouldn't chose all the songs, just the initial ones, until people ask for their choices. It would be more like a music player aswel. If you need to see how it'd work, check out the link. And also, you have it on a separate page/tab so that you can work while that's on in the background.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^Why don't we just limit it to dmc songs if choice is an issue?

And would something like this be legal?

If you can download the songs it isn't, but I don't know how seriously the law takes that sort of thing in europe.

Also if we do this the admins will be swamped with song requests, so it should be limited to DMC only songs.

And people will come to this site thinking they can get song downloads (illegal) which only increases spam.

I'd like it but it doesn't seem practical.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
The songs would have to be controlled and admins would be able to say no to requests. But I don't believe that it's illegal as it basically streams the songs from youtube. A live version of this is available here. I'm a member of this site, but I don't know if it will work when not signed in.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
True, but I put the idea forward so that you can listen to the music that people like to listen to, see if you can get a similar taste. I saw it work fairly well on the above site, dftd, and I wondered if it would work here.

aka958

Don't trust people
sounds like a good idea but still the admins would be swamped with song requests. and if we want to share our songs we could make a thread about it? if we just have DMC songs there will be no sharing with something new. also when i want to listen to something i just press WWW.Youtube.Com and search for exactly what i want to hear. now that is how to be smart

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
aka958;169758 said:
sounds like a good idea but still the admins would be swamped with song requests.

This could be an issue, but if there was a dedicated thread and then when the admins feel that some new songs could be added then they could look at the thread and look for a user selected artist, then find some of their songs.

Please note that not every song is available. This means that you would have to suggest a band/artist rather than a song.

Keaton

Premium
This does sound like a GroOvy idea, but, in my personal opinion it should be Devil May Cry Tracks ONLY or nothing. Lest we forget, this is a Devil May Cry forum, and any add-on should only be there to reinforce that fact.

If we start having polls for tracks to be added, or the 'popular' top 20 we will deviate from the regular activity of the forums. Great idea Vaux, honest, but again, I feel it should be ONLY Devil May Cry Tracks. ^^

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
DMC only tracks would get old, fast, that's the only problem I see, perhaps if we took requests on a timed basis? Say for example, one request every three or four hours or something like that, and if you make a request before that time is up, it'll be ignored.

Seems like an easier way to get around being flooded with requests and still have the variety in music.

Either way, I do like this idea.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
Have as many DMC tracks as possible, and have those in the top spots. Then beneath them, you can pay for songs with rep or something if that could be implemented. And you can only make one request a month or something.

I'm trying to get the best of both worlds with the DMC music, and the "popular" non-DMC music.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
Keaton;169814 said:
This does sound like a GroOvy idea, but, in my personal opinion it should be Devil May Cry Tracks ONLY or nothing. Lest we forget, this is a Devil May Cry forum, and any add-on should only be there to reinforce that fact.

If we start having polls for tracks to be added, or the 'popular' top 20 we will deviate from the regular activity of the forums. Great idea Vaux, honest, but again, I feel it should be ONLY Devil May Cry Tracks. ^^
Total Agreenement. DMC music is cool and it's pretty much enough, too. There is a ton of it.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
DanteTheDevil;169928 said:
Total Agreenement. DMC music is cool and it's pretty much enough, too. There is a ton of it.

But it depends if we can get to it. I don't know if all the songs will be on there or not.

I would like to know the opinion of the admins on this as they've stayed quiet on this one.

Top Bottom