• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Questions About Rebellion

Goldsickle

I wish there were cutscenes of Angelos being worn by people and to establish it as a standard-issue equipment of The Order.

When Nero encounters an Angelo for the first time, he talks to it casually and the audience is supposed to play along that its presence is the norm, until it starts attacking Nero.

If it's established that the Angelo armor is supposed to be worn by people, then maybe the cutscene where Nero finds the armor completely empty might have more of an impact.

Goldsickle

@Goldsickle
Out of curiosity what problems are you having with your fan-comic idea?
- General lack of knowledge on certain aspect of the series (as seen in this thread).
- Struggling with drawing (can't get my Order character to look good).
- Afraid that people will figure out the plot twist too quickly.
- Don't know who will be the antagonist.
- Feel the need to read up some mythology to get good names for the new characters created for the story.

Maybe this is too ambitious for me? >>

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
- General lack of knowledge on certain aspect of the series (as seen in this thread).
- Struggling with drawing (can't get my Order character to look good).
- Afraid that people will figure out the plot twist too quickly.
- Don't know who will be the antagonist.
- Feel the need to read up some mythology to get good names for the new characters created for the story.

Maybe this is too ambitious for me? >>
it feels fine.

main thing with canon that branches out or has grey areas is just to stick to the story your telling, like if you have a story where rebellion/yamato where demons that defeated/died that's what you go with.

or you want Nero to be Sparda's kid instead of Vergil's you stick to it.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
I wish there were cutscenes of Angelos being worn by people and to establish it as a standard-issue equipment of The Order.

When Nero encounters an Angelo for the first time, he talks to it casually and the audience is supposed to play along that its presence is the norm, until it starts attacking Nero.

If it's established that the Angelo armor is supposed to be worn by people, then maybe the cutscene where Nero finds the armor completely empty might have more of an impact.
The Angelo armor bears the crest of the Order, so that might have made Nero think of it as an ally.
Hypothetically, it could also be known among Order members as a special armor worn in bigger battles, after all, knights were pretty vulnerable against demon attacks while they were still human.

Goldsickle

Any data on the Angelo armor?

Like does it say it's supposed to be worn by people?

main thing with canon that branches out or has grey areas is just to stick to the story your telling, like if you have a story where rebellion/yamato where demons that defeated/died that's what you go with.

or you want Nero to be Sparda's kid instead of Vergil's you stick to it.
There are somethings I want to add into the story, like certain weapons Dante made himself but kept away, to be picked up by the main characters, new weapons created by The Order after the incident in DMC4 and how The Order are more lax about adding guns into their arsenal.

Viper

Premium
Any data on the Angelo armor?

Like does it say it's supposed to be worn by people?
Devil May Cry 4, Lesser Demons File — Bianco Angelo: "A man-made soldier made from the fragment of a demon known as the "dark angel". Filled with either a human or demonic soul, it carries out its master’s orders with mechanical precision."
Devil May Cry 4, Lesser Demons File — White Knight: "An armored demon bearing the crest of the Order of the Sword. While the armor covers a hollow interior, destroying the White Knight causes the expulsion of a soul-like being, leading one to believe something else may have been in control of the Knight."
Devil May Cry 4, Lesser Demons File — Alto Angelo: "A knight turned demon via the Ascension Ceremony, the Alto Angelo has donned the armor of a Bianco Angelo to lead them into battle. It is said that an Alto Angelo can raise the abilities of the Bianco Angelo around it."

These files seem to indicate that the armor was made especially for the Angelos, and that it was the crest that made Nero think it was on his side initially. It kinda goes in hand with symbolics of people believing angels will help them, but "angels" in this game turn out to be demons working against them.

Goldsickle

These files seem to indicate that the armor was made especially for the Angelos, and that it was the crest that made Nero think it was on his side initially. It kinda goes in hand with symbolics of people believing angels will help them, but "angels" in this game turn out to be demons working against them.
I guess this cancels one of my ideas.

It's a good thing I asked around.

Arkaden Aeternia

Lightning Devil
Suppose Dante selling off weapons to those he could deem responsible enough to wield would be a good excuse. Good example was giving Nero Yamato at the end of DMC4

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
too bad lucifer has been used in 4, it'd be kinda cool if rebellion is actually from lucifer, lucifer did rebel his way out of light..

and the reason it was named rebellion is to keep it's origin for maybe greater good, let's just consider the beast that is lucifer will pose too much threat getting into the wrong hands..

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
1. We know Sparda was the original owner of Rebellion, but we don't know if he made the sword himself or if he obtained it after defeating a demon. Probably the former.

2. It hasn't been specified when exactly Dante was given Rebellion, but we know he has had it since he was teenager. Probably even before that.
Maybe Sparda was given the Rebellion by his father, maybe it's a sword that has been passed down from generation to generation.

Top Bottom