• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Question about DMC 4 Special Edition PC port

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Will DMC 4 SE be a good PC port or just be like DMC 4 port when it is a little lazily ported?

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
IDK, i only care if I would be able to play this on mine Laptop for now, so can't tell if port will be good or crappy done.

Khundy

Berserker
Whats wrong with the PC port? I've never had a problem with it, debug mode and mods. Also Turbo mode is awesome.

DMC3 was a really bad port

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Will DMC 4 SE be a good PC port or just be like DMC 4 port when it is a little lazily ported?

DMC4 is one of the best made PC ports ever, dude. There's nothing lazy about it: they even went into the code and tweaked some stuff about Super Nero and Dante, introduced Turbo and LDK mode, and DX10 support. Except maybe the fact that they could include more graphics options, but that's a really, REALLY minor issue.

I actually wish more companies these days put that effort in making such a functional port.

DMC4 SE will most likely be a restructure of the preexisting game, like berto said, obviously including the new characters and the slightly updated graphics.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
DMC4 is one of the best made PC ports ever, dude. There's nothing lazy about it: they even went into the code and tweaked some stuff about Super Nero and Dante, introduced Turbo and LDK mode, and DX10 support. Except maybe the fact that they could include more graphics options, but that's a really, REALLY minor issue.

I actually wish more companies these days put that effort in making such a functional port.

DMC4 SE will most likely be a restructure of the preexisting game, like berto said, obviously including the new characters and the slightly updated graphics.
Hey don't get me wrong about it being lazy I just have to say the controls sucked for PC I had to rebind everything lol.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
MT Framework is a PC based development software. That means the game was ported to PS3 and 360, not the other way around. The PC version is probably a restructure of the original game rather than a port.
Oooooohhhhh

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium

Well thats propably good to me as I should be able to play SE like normal DMC 4 on Laptop normally now :)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Hey don't get me wrong about it being lazy I just have to say the controls sucked for PC I had to rebind everything lol.

That doesn't even have anything to do with laziness...

Anyway on the Steam hub page for DMC4 you'll find a guide that tells you how to use a hack to use mouse and keyboard controls.

Or just plug a controller.

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
MT Framework is a PC based development software. That means the game was ported to PS3 and 360, not the other way around. The PC version is probably a restructure of the original game rather than a port.
Then why are the controls so wierd without rebinding them?

Khundy

Berserker
Then why are the controls so wierd without rebinding them?
Most Pc games are set up to be played with an actual PC controller like the zbox 360 version, but when you set up a PS3-4 controller you have to reset it to work. But if you get the "Mayflash" adapter that i linked earlier it will make the pc think that the ps3 controller is an xbox one so its just plug and play. If you're not into modding or figuring things out to work like this, you might wanna just stick to console gaming.

scionicspectre

Yeah, you should already be using something that emulates a 360 controller on PC if you're planning to use a DualShock 3 or 4. You'll have the same problems using one with every other PC game, so I wouldn't count it against DMC 4. In every other area, DMC 4 excels on PC compared to ports of other franchises. Much like Linux, people have joked about being able to run DMC 4 on a toaster because it's so well-optimized.

It gives you plenty of graphical options in the menus themselves, supports vibration, and the game is fairly accessible to modders (albeit unofficially). This is not only leagues better than the DMC 3 port, which is just about the opposite, but still better than the majority of PC ports in existence. The irony is that Ubisoft, the company that originally ported DMC 3: SE to PC, are still having issues optimizing for it.

If your main complaint is about keyboard and mouse controls not being amazing to begin with, I wouldn't say you should expect it to be on par with a game developed solely for PC since it was clearly designed with controllers in mind. It would have been odd for Capcom to prioritize a keyboard layout in 2008 when DMC 3 did poorly on PC.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Hey Anthony just use a gioteck usb wired controller for pc , it works for both ps3 and pc , alternatively use a wired xbox 360 controller too both will make a huge difference to how DMC4 plays on pc trust me

Anthony

THE BLUE GOD
Hey Anthony just use a gioteck usb wired controller for pc , it works for both ps3 and pc , alternatively use a wired xbox 360 controller too both will make a huge difference to how DMC4 plays on pc trust me
Yo the best I have right now is a PS3 USB controller but then again I don't know how it configure it..

Top Bottom