• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

privacy on profiles

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Can't you set it so that onely people on ur contact list can post visitor messages?

I have it set up so that I can be PM'd or get a visitor messsage frum anyone here. And I have never refused a friendship request, nor broken one. And I have never EVER put someone on the ignore list before.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Like I said, the software is limited in that respect - we have no power over alterations people may want to see unless VBulletin release a patch, mod or add-on. I sure would like privacy myself but it's just not possible at the moment with what we have.

Ignore function is for the extreme cases when you know if you talk with this person you'll be the one who ends up getting in trouble, for example, or if someone is literally driving you insane and you're sick of them PMing you every two minutes. It's not something to be used just coz you're having an off day and don't want to talk to anyone - if you feel no need to use it, then don't :)

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Black Angel;133773 said:
Can't you set it so that onely people on ur contact list can post visitor messages?

I have it set up so that I can be PM'd or get a visitor messsage frum anyone here. And I have never refused a friendship request, nor broken one. And I have never EVER put someone on the ignore list before.

I've put lottas ppl on Ignore List to avoid a 2nd, permanent ban. It works wonders yo although I took em off after awhile.

But I think there is an option, not quite sure.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ah ha! We have progress - go to your user cp and look at my illustration to limit your visitor messages to just friends (and, of course, staff - so any moaning about us is best kept to PM's ;)):
2myvn86.jpg
Simply go to Edit Options, scroll down et voila! Limited access for those who aren't friends/staff :D - BUT I don't know if that means they just can't post in your area - they may still be able to view it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
If anyone has used this option to limit access, let me know so I can test it out and make sure exactly what it does and doesn't do, just for peace of mind all round.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
i have already done it but do u really want to break the friend ship with me ........... :lol:

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Angel;133781 said:
Ah ha! We have progress - go to your user cp and look at my illustration to limit your visitor messages to just friends (and, of course, staff - so any moaning about us is best kept to PM's ;)):
2myvn86.jpg
Simply go to Edit Options, scroll down et voila! Limited access for those who aren't friends/staff :D - BUT I don't know if that means they just can't post in your area - they may still be able to view it.

^That is what I ment, you have that option.:lol:

where is my rep?:lol:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
omenminator;133787 said:
i have already done it but do u really want to break the friend ship with me ........... :lol:
lol - it should cover guests too, is what i mean. As admin I can see all, so I need to sign out to check it. Gimme a sec...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Ok, as a guest I cannot see a thing - there is no visitor message option whatsoever. But even when I broke friendship (as Jessica) I could still post and read messages...hmmm...

EDIT: made a test user (ingeniously called Test User, so please don't flood my inbox with "I found a spammer called Test User!!!!" messages :lol:) and I cannot see any of Omen's messages. It could be that people who were friends previously, because they have messages on your profile already, are excluded from the limitations and can therefore still see/post messages. This is just a theory, but it's the best one I can think of right now...let me do some more tweaking and see what I can do, if anything

EDIT NUMBER 2: Ok, omen and I have worked it out - go to your cp and select options - then edit contacts and friends. Deselect all boxes associated with the person or people you wish to keep your profile hidden from and they will no longer be able to view your stuff.

Top Bottom