• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Prince of Persia!!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
What do you all think of the new PoP coming out soon?

Do you think it will be as cool as we have come to expect?:D

Or will this new Prince screw everything up for us hardcore fans?:lol:

LOL

Dark Drakan

Admin
I havent played any of the previous ones on consoles but i like the style and look of the new one.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I resent the fact that the time control element is being kicked out.

It worked crazy well with the platforming elements, but still, this one looks to be...Interesting.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Dark Drakan;140567 said:
I havent played any of the previous ones on consoles but i like the style and look of the new one.
If you want replay value avoid this one and the older versions, because they don't have any.

Maybe the new one will, but I highly doubt it.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
No it doesn't. I loved it but it didn't have any replay value.

And just to prove I loved it I kept it longer than any POP.

The first I kept for about a month. I didn't play with in that time so I rid myself of it.

The second I kept for two years, and even played through it multiple times.

The third one was a gigantic failure. I only kept it for a week.

I've actually swore off Ubisoft's games because for some reason they think it's a great idea to throw such a key element as replay value.

aka958

Don't trust people
well i just played through the first one. the second one was just GODLY all those nice awesome attacks and things to do! i played it through 3 or 4 times. the third wasn't as great as the second but i did a bet that i could speed kill all enemies possible to speed kill and i made it! even those where there where 3 to 5 in a big group close to each others.
so i played it through 5-6 times i think

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Wow - I've not played a Prince of Persia game since...oooh....about 1989 on the old Apple II computer. My guess is it might have changed slightly over the years? :p

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Angel;140722 said:
Wow - I've not played a Prince of Persia game since...oooh....about 1989 on the old Apple II computer. My guess is it might have changed slightly over the years? :p

whoah, from the Jordan Mechner days? that's pretty hardcore. that one played quite good, but I gave up on it when i was a kid, Switching mirrors that cut people in half was too intense for a 5 year old kid, mind you...:dizzy::sick:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I sucked at Prince of Persia - my sister was pretty good though. I just couldn't get over the graphics - they were unlike anything I had ever seen before...used to spend ages just making the guy slide from edge to edge of a platform.

Watched it on YouTube the other day and it brought back a lot of memories...back then, hardly anyone we knew had a personal computer because they were so expensive so it gave me a massive ego boost to be able to go into school and say "yeah, I was playing Prince of Persia last night and...wait, you've not played it? Oh, my bad" :lol:

Keaton

Premium
^You would probably like the new Prince of Persias', if you have access to a PSP there are two PoP games there - PoP Revalations and PoP Rival Swords (port of Two Thrones). But I reccomend, (if you can) play though all three, Sands of Time, Warrior Within (awesome plot twist in the middle :D) and Two Thrones...I havent played Revalations yet...but as far as I can tell there isn't anythinf much that I'm missing :D

Rebellion327

Bring on the ruckus
Keaton;141151 said:
^You would probably like the new Prince of Persias', if you have access to a PSP there are two PoP games there - PoP Revalations and PoP Rival Swords (port of Two Thrones). But I reccomend, (if you can) play though all three, Sands of Time, Warrior Within (awesome plot twist in the middle :D) and Two Thrones...I havent played Revalations yet...but as far as I can tell there isn't anythinf much that I'm missing :D

Personal favorite: Warrior Within. it was FRICKIN' sick.^_^

Keaton

Premium
Since the Two Thrones game was on the Gamecube and PS2 the PSP (apart from some minor graphical downgrades) runs fine. The only problem I have is with the camera, which due to the lack of a second stick is very awkward to move manually. But otherwise it runs fine.

As for Warrior Within...

...I LOVED the discovery of the 'Mask of the Wraith', it gave it a fantastic new twist to the story and for this very reason captivated me through three playthroughs :D

Top Bottom