• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Plot Holes, Questions, and Inconsistencies of DMC

Railazel

I'll start it off as an example:

DMC1 why was there a fully functional (or partially functional) modern day (for DMC's timeline) air plane on Mallet Island....an island that has abandoned human life thousands of years ago...so it seems? Not only its neatly placed there like it was made there. Why did someone came there recently before Dante? Did demons construct it?......well could be since DMC is another universe apparently and Sparda had firearms (Luce and Ombra) before humans had firearm technology. (Ancient demons turning into electric guitars and demonic weapons that are transforming suitcase of hundreds of advanced firearms...Jesus were demons technologically advanced before humans).

There go ahead folks.

Actually, that's easy to answer. The Island didn't become abandoned until twenty years before the game started when Mundus was freed and went on a rampage. Plus, if you recall how you got the Grenade Launcher, military was there some time before Dante arrived.

what I want to know is how Dantes office changes I mean in all 4 games we see the interior but it changes from 1 floor to 2 floors in between games also the actual freaking sign in 1 Dante changes it to Devils Never Cry but in the anime and 4 it's back to Devil May Cry, 2 was the exception to this because they only showed the inside of the shop. Also what happens to all of Dantes Devil arms that he gets throughout the series?

That's also easy to answer. In DMC 3, the shop got totalled, so the interior changed into the one we saw in DMC 1. After Dante changed the name to Devils Never Cry, he changed it back (can't recall the reason). As for the Devil Arms... I can't really answer that one.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
That's also easy to answer. In DMC 3, the shop got totalled, so the interior changed into the one we saw in DMC 1. After Dante changed the name to Devils Never Cry, he changed it back (can't recall the reason). As for the Devil Arms... I can't really answer that one.
Yes that would explain the change from 3 to 1 but what about in 4 the cutscene at the end with Dante, Lady, and Trish you can see that there is a second floor again but in 2 its back to the way it looked like in 1

Railazel

Yes that would explain the change from 3 to 1 but what about in 4 the cutscene at the end with Dante, Lady, and Trish you can see that there is a second floor again but in 2 its back to the way it looked like in 1

He changed the interior in the Anime back to two floors. Don't know what happened to it in 2 though.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
Why was Mundus still in the underworld if he had "revived" 20 yrs ago?

He was in the human realm because he fried Griffon as seen here.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
No, it doesn't. He is just a guest character and the writer is a big fan of DMC.
Also, SMT Dante is way too OP that he can Instakill gods and other planetf*ckers in SMT from what i have heard.
I guess ill just believe that its canon until something official comes out

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Acording to Devil May Cry Cd anime drama , Dante sells is Devil Arms to pay bills and get some money; this same thing is said on DMC 4 novel: he only keeps devil arms that belonged to his family.
About Devil Never Cry: in Cd Drama it was explained even the office belonged to Dante and now Trish as partners, but they were working separately with some frequence. Trish was constantly out for a long time without giving news, so they agreed to end their partnership for sometime. ( it seems that partnership wasn't so successful as they thought it would be).

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why was Mundus still in the underworld if he had "revived" 20 yrs ago?

He was in the human realm because he fried Griffon as seen here.

That is only a mere projection, a spiritual form if you will. That isn't his true form but more of an actual projection since his true form can't leave the Underworld or where he was "sealed". I think the only time when Mundus actually left the Underworld and entered the human world was at the end when he fought Dante as a messed up pile of blob............then Dante sealed him back into the Underworld again.

I think Mundus's statue form, before you see his true true with the wings, is if anything a sealed state in which his true form with 100% of his power was sealed in by Sparda so he can only communicate or leave his body in that 3 eye form in the Underworld and to some extent the Human World (via Mallet Island).
Young_Mundus.jpg

Sunaka Marién

Hm, not sure it it's really a plot hole, but I found it strange how Trish is seemingly able to shape-shift to some degree in DMC4, you know, her being Gloria and then returning into her normal self in, like, one second :/

Acording to Devil May Cry Cd anime drama ...
There's a drama CD of Devil May Cry ? :blink:

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Hm, not sure it it's really a plot hole, but I found it strange how Trish is seemingly able to shape-shift to some degree in DMC4, you know, her being Gloria and then returning into her normal self in, like, one second :/
I remember something about how Kamiya said that the form Trish is in might not be her true form but that was back during 2 but it might explain 4 as well

There's a drama CD of Devil May Cry ? :blink:
Yeah and Alastor and Agni and Rudra make appearances so Dante kept them instead of selling them

Gel

Premium
Yes, there was DMC anime CD Drama only avaliable on Japan.I was never said she was a shape shifter demon, but just a good actress. Kamiya said she has a real demon form( her true form) like Sparda and other demons have, but choose to show herself as a "human" to people .This was never canonly accepted by Capcom who defines her as being " a human-looking demon.
More info on Devil Never Cry :
Their partnership didn't last very long .They were seemly quick to agree to take separate ways due to certain conflicts in interest. She was constantly out of the office , disappearing without warning.It seems it was her too who asked Dante to turn Devil Never Cry into Devil May Cry and wanted to go away.( I'm waiting for a professional translation to confirm this part.)
It seems too Sparda sword was still Dante's, but he allows her to use and against all common belief, we really know were Dante's amulet is: it could be found on Dante's desk at rolling credits of DMC1, close to Eva's photo.( while seeds of love plays) and Dante still has it in his neck on DMC2 novel.( So VJ not only is uncanon, but it contradicts everything from DMC, including the nature of the Dante/ Trish partnership, his adventures and so.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I have a thing that I am not sure about, so I would not really call it a plothole/inconsistency.
If I recall correctly, Fortuna has been said as being a town Sparda served as a feudal lord to, in the past. But isn't Fortuna located in America? Is there a period in time in which America had feudal lords? :ermm:
Just a curiosity of mine, sorry for being overly precise about this...

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I thought Fortuna was an island and I always thought that the Order of the Sword where a group of people who left Dumary Island (DMC2) to worship Sparda and the city itself has an nice European style to it

Gel

Premium
Order of sword remind me the old Order of Knights of Malta. Vatica and Malta belongs to Europa and Fortuna's style and constructions remember my country's style.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I have a thing that I am not sure about, so I would not really call it a plothole/inconsistency.
If I recall correctly, Fortuna has been said as being a town Sparda served as a feudal lord to, in the past. But isn't Fortuna located in America? Is there a period in time in which America had feudal lords? :ermm:
Just a curiosity of mine, sorry for being overly precise about this...

I always thought it was a remote island near Europe....seemed very European. Or somewhere near Italy. Yeah Fortune Island is a rather small island...when you look at it.

images

So small I think most, if not almost every country/nation (at the time DMC4 was set which seems 1980s) wouldn't know it exist or ignore it quite easily...heck even now a seclusive religious society located on a very small island would probably get ignored by almost everyone considering the northern mountainous regions of the US or the top middle region of the US tend to get ignored or under looked and some suspicious things goes down there.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Oh. Never thought about it. Their names come from prayers, it would be strange to meet someone called Credo here in Italy...:ermm:
But yeah, that is a good explanation! Thanks for clarifying it for me!^_^

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh. Never thought about it. Their names come from prayers, it would be strange to meet someone called Credo here in Italy...:ermm:
But yeah, that is a good explanation! Thanks for clarifying it for me!^_^
I thought they were named after religious stuff, like you say.
Credo, that's like believe. And there is a prayer called The Credo.
Kyrie is the kyrie eleison which is another prayer/ prayer song.
Sanctus is a prayer said before communion.
Agnus is just lamb...like the agnus dei...lamb of god? That's a prayer too
Gloria is another prayer for Catholics and Protestants.

Top Bottom