• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Platinum making a TMNT game.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Here's hoping it's less like the 80's cartoon and movies, and more like the infinitely-superior 2003 cartoon. Y'know, the one that actually resembles its source material, the comic the entire franchise is BASED on?

And while 80's cartoon-based games like Transformers and TMNT get made, how's about we get a proper ThunderCats game in this century? I like TMNT, but I love ThunderCats a helluva lot more.

Hitorio

So am I the only one that was pleasantly surprised by Legend of Korra and liked it? I still start it up from time to time and have fun with it.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It fits Platinum so well and they're probably gonna make the most badass iteration of its action we've ever seen. I was never a huge TMNT fan because I didn't like the way the action was handled in the Fox Box series I grew up watching - despite liking the characters, weapons, and premise. This game will make me more appreciative of the TMNT experience, I'm sure.

Thing is, I'm still waiting for that Kill la Kill game that's floating out there - waiting to be made Platinum. When that announcement drops, I'm gonna be drop kicking giraffes in excitement.
Edit: ...if that announcement drops.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I hope they go as crazy with gameplay as they did with Bayonetta but that's probably asking for too much

Hitorio

Activate "Turtle Time" when dodging at the right moment! :p (I'm actually hoping it'll be more parry-based.)

Leonardo's moves are going to be sick. I see Raphael's moves as being the most challenging to do... unless they just go exaggerated comic book physics and have his weapon swings leave, for example, an enormous, range-y trail.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Hell yeah! thats just one hell of n awesome news. I can't wait for it. In meantime I enjoy my Transformers Devastation.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So am I the only one that was pleasantly surprised by Legend of Korra and liked it? I still start it up from time to time and have fun with it. .
Nope.

I am, however, less trilled than the rest of the people here. P* is always at their best when they do their own thing, and while I'm glad that they are prospering and thy do need to keep the lights on I rather see them make their own creations now.

I'm actually more surprised at how it's damn near unanimous that this is a good thing but if they hint DMC everyone clashes, mostly people don't want them touching it.

Morgan

Premium
Xen-Ace 2021
People don't want them touching DMC? That's the first I've heard.

berto

I Saw the Devil
People don't want them touching DMC? That's the first I've heard.
if you go to the dmc general there are a couple of threads where someone either brought up the idea or mentioned a rumor and it does not go over so well.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I wonder if they'll be able to make a game without a time-slowing Just Dodge. It's becoming sort of a crutch for them :/

Hitorio

I wonder if they'll be able to make a game without a time-slowing Just Dodge. It's becoming sort of a crutch for them :/

A crutch, eh? I think it's too early to determine that. :unsure:

Other than Bayonetta (Witch Time), we see it in two other products of theirs:
one being another child of Kamiya: The Wonderful 101 (Hero TIme). This is a direct nod to Witch Time - a nod that's appropriate in that action orgy festival of a game.
The other is Transformers: Devastation. That one I'll give you because Autobot Time (actually called "Focus" in-game) is weird for the Transformers universe.

Korra had a dodge mechanic that could also be used for attacks when double-tapped, which was cool. No Avatar Time there. :thumbsup:
If Turtle Time exists, I will submit to you. :dead:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Yeah, sorry, but 2 games is hardly a crutch and it's not like it was their selling point for those games, either. If anything, 3rd person action should be their overused concept, so if anything they should try to dip their toes more on the other action genres like shooters, fighting, brawlers, side scrollers, and the like.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, both Bayonetta games, Wonderful 101, and Transformer's Devastation. So that's four :p You could also say that Metal Gear Rising had it...sorta, but naw. Also keep in mind I said becoming a crutch, not that it totally was one now. It's a vaguely concerning trend to me.

If Turtle Time exists, I will submit to you. :dead:

No no no - "Pizza Time." I will totally be okay with it, as long as it's called that.

Hitorio

[...] No no no - "Pizza Time." I will totally be okay with it, as long as it's called that.

...a pizza-embroidered, yellow filter. All attacks make splatting sounds. :cautious:

Care to save this idea before I delegate the title of "Pizza Time" to being one of the customization menus or gallery themes? :laugh: (Now that I think about it, it does sound chill enough to represent a gallery. Osts. Model viewer. Concept art. Have the turtles at a table eating pizza and doing various activities. Donatello viewing art. Michaelangelo with the headphones. etc?)

Goldsickle

I'm pretty sure Platinum would make a good DMC game.

.... if they'd keep the QTE and over-scripted boss battles away.

I don't want random 'Simon says' or button mashing every time I break off an enemy's tentacle.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
first official art resurfaces
SJ3MMgp.png

Top Bottom