• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Photoshop CS3

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I just got it and I'm lost as to how Dante, nerosdevil, and many others make anything in it.

Help/tutorials would be nice.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
i use paint shop pro which is a little easier.....to use. i can't do anything with photoshop

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Bringer, its not as simple as learning it straight off the bat. I learnt off GIMP (a simpler program) for a few months before PS CS3, and naturally knew how everything worked within a day and started off well. PS is pretty complicated. If you haven't already, get yourself familiar to where everything is and works like the burn, smudge, clone and pen tool beforehand etc. Especially if you haven't had much experience before.
First things first though, download some brush patterns and tools from DeviantArt or elsewhere, then experiment and such. You'll naturally develop your own style.
Go here, I Googled it quick, but i've used some tutorials now and then:
http://www.good-tutorials.com/

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Ok, I'm starting to understand the layers.

How do you put another picture on to a layer?

Copy and paste?

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
BringerOfChaos;128868 said:
Ok, I'm starting to understand the layers.

How do you put another picture on to a layer?

Copy and paste?
Edit> paste
Make sure when you've opened the picture you've selected the area and copied seperately.

Sparda™

Layers get much novice people on Photoshop confused.

There's a difference between getting something you want from an image to the working area, and the whole image.

You have to use the Pen Tool/Lasso Tool or the Magic Wand.

Professional users get to work with the Pen Tool which is useful to get a clear render/cutout from the image.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I cannot make head nor tail of photoshop - I watch Steve doing stuff on there and it just makes me go cross-eyed :lol:

Arwen

Lost Soul
I have that software. Layers help if you want many images in a sig. I have problems with the cutting out tool. I miss my old soft ware photoimpact Used too know what I was doing on that.:(

GIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

yesyesyeseseyeessss
You know there's a whole Help library in the program itself with complete tutorials on just about everything Adobe Photoshop CS3 has to offer. It's pretty good too.

genius.jpg

But yeah, the most important thing I can really recommend atm is just familiarize yourself with the software first. The details can come after.

And on an off topic note, I humbly request the full pic of your second signature please! C:

Sicktress

Artist
Wow not bad for a beginner at ALL! I learned it from college, and my first ones ssuuuuucked but this was like Photoshop 4-5 though.. I love the Sephiroth!

Keaton

Premium
^Don't forget that we have a Changing Room thread Bringer ;)

Your certanly getting better...I suggest you just fool around with EVERY effect...find a random pic, or take a photo and play about ^__^

Top Bottom