• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

On what platform are you guys enjoying the game

On what platform are you guys playing the game

• PC

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • PS4

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Xbox One

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • PS4 Pro

• Xbox One X

• Total voters

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I wanted to know your platform of choice

I actually have an Xbox One and that’s what I played the demo on. I also have a PlayStation 4 but I got that off someone I know who gave me it for free. He told me that there could be problems with the disc tray though he wasn’t 100% sure but I always buy my games digitally anyway. The only reason I have a PS4 is for Spider-Man. Anyway, DMC 5 came out a few days before my birthday so for me it was an early birthday present. I didn’t want it on Xbox but I wanted the physical copy of the game so I chose to have it for PS4 and I play it on my fiancée’s PS4 because I wouldn’t trust my own if the disc tray is messed up.

Also I edited the poll choices as you had put PS4 twice. I assumed you meant for one of the choices to be PS4 Pro so I edited it accordingly.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
PC beacuse well im not owning this current gen consoles so only option for me to enjoy game actually on laptop

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Standard PS4.

I've always played DMC on some kind of PlayStation.

Yeah the series started on the PS2, right? The only one in the series I didn’t play on a PlayStation was DMC 4. After that and becoming mostly an Xbox player and not owning a PS3 or anything I continued to get future DMC games for my Xbox One (DmC: Definitive Edition, DMC 4: Special Edition and DMC: HD Collection).

I decided that I wanted to play DMC 5 on a PlayStation 4 even though I played the demo on my Xbox One. I don’t regret the decision at all.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I play it on Xbox one X as I'm a resolution junkie that prefers console to pc, and I paid over 3 thousand euro for my TV so I wanna make use of 4k as much as I can

I have a gaming laptop a PS4 and a switch too so IL get it for PS4 too at some point

ace3005

If Ace can't do it ?! Who will ?
For me , my first experience was on pc , dmc3se and boy what a mess it was , but I loved every minute of it and eventually got an ps2 to play all the other games . But still , since dmc4 the pc has always been the superior platform to play on

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Playing it on PS4. I had a PS1, and had wanted an X-Box, but my parents talked me into getting a PS2 since it was backwards compatible and I could play my old games, and I've just stuck with the brand since. Played the original PS2 games (But never owned copies till they were released years later as the HD collection) DMC4 was the first game I bought for the PS3, and DmC Definitive Edition was my first game for PS4 (F.Y.I. I did own a copy of DmC for PS3 aswell). Thinking back on it, it does annoy me a little bit that the series isn't a Playstation exclusive anymore, since that's one less exclusive for Team Playstation, but honestly as long as I'm able to play them, it doesn't bother me too much (Looking at you Bayonetta 2)

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Thinking back on it, it does annoy me a little bit that the series isn't a Playstation exclusive anymore

Sure doesn't annoy me, even as someone who started to play the series on PS2 and so is "supposed" to have a nostalgic sense of "DMC belongs to PlayStation".
Exclusivity is, IMO, a tumor upon the gaming community and besides, no more exclusive means more people can buy and enjoy the game, which is good for us as gamers and fans, and for Capcom themselves.

As for the topic, I play it on PC, I'm primarily a PC gamer nowadays and besides, I knew I could count on a crap ton of mods to have even more fun with the game.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Sure doesn't annoy me, even as someone who started to play the series on PS2 and so is "supposed" to have a nostalgic sense of "DMC belongs to PlayStation".
Exclusivity is, IMO, a tumor upon the gaming community and besides, no more exclusive means more people can buy and enjoy the game, which is good for us as gamers and fans, and for Capcom themselves.
And I agree with that, but in a world were exclusives are a thing, it does annoy me it's one less. Especially when I got so many friends who use X-Box and they're like "Oh we got this and we got that".

ace3005

If Ace can't do it ?! Who will ?
I think being a multi platform game more people can enjoy it and also it gives the developers the opportunity to sell more and make more games

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Ps4, I buy the the standard edition to a shop in my town a waked up early in the morning and waited for the game to arrive at the shop

Top Bottom