• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

no ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
when i jsut logged in, i saw that the intro thing said "no ads at all" or something like that, and also one of the "advantages" of becoming a supporter is no ads... so is this really an added bonus, or just something to fill in the gaps?

Sparda™

If I'm not mistaken, that ad thing was for registering in the forums.

No ads? Register then....

Supporter or not, It's the same thing.

yeah and thats what is awesome, if they put to us the normal members ads and leave the supporters without em than THAT WOULD BE GREAT INJUSTICE, BUT I WISH THEY DONT DO SO

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I'm glad that they dont give normal members ads, but is it something that should be advertrised for being a supporter?

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Oversight methinks :lol:

It used to be that usual members, a long time ago in a galaxy far far away, did see some ads and becoming a supporter removed all of them from sight. However, this was altered so no one sees ads upon registering and we just haven't gotten around to editing the thingy. I'll sort it when I have a few spare minutes :D

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Also stops people going click happy on them and getting us done for trying to defraud the system. It's happened before when some sites have had their income stopped from ads because members have tried to help by clicking on ads again and again - it just causes problems. Also, many people just refresh a page rather than using the new posts link or something similar - this can count as trying to defraud by refreshing the ads being displayed so that the decent ones worth more than a couple of cents show up and get clicked on again and again to increase revenue. So no ads works out better in a weird way...

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
I thought that is was just not remembering to change it, ubt i thought i would bring it up anyway XD

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;152068 said:
I thought that is was just not remembering to change it, ubt i thought i would bring it up anyway XD

Yeah was merely an oversight as we forgot to edit some of the perks lists around our network as Sharon said. Hard to keep track of 6 forums and making changes to them all sometimes. :lol:

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
yeah, that would be alot of work to try and keep updating them... but keen eyed (very bored) members notice these things XD

Dark Drakan

Admin
Vauxchen;152119 said:
yeah, that would be alot of work to try and keep updating them... but keen eyed (very bored) members notice these things XD

Well we rely on that to keep us up to date and i actually encourage it personally and im sure others do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom