• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ninja Theory: designing games purely for fans "will kill a series"

lets rock baby

This is what dante is and always will be
If this game does not reach it's quota, and make any kind of profit. Then all these conversations will be irrelivant. Which would go to prove that ninja theory should give up making games and Tameen can go and start the Flock of segulls cover band.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
If this game does not reach it's quota, and make any kind of profit. Then all these conversations will be irrelivant. Which would go to prove that ninja theory should give up making games and Tameen can go and start the Flock of segulls cover band.
Keyword if
I'm not even planning on buying this game, but the thing I love about the discussions on DmC on here compared to Capcom Unity,
Is that on here, both sides actually use legitimate reasons as to why or why not they are going to buy it.
Here let me put it this way: If your gonna call bullshit, get your facts right

mrrandomlulz

This game will be bullshit
Yet again my friend, prove that this game that hasn't come out yet, is bullshit.

It has a different character, whoop de freaking doo. Devil May Cry is a game series that prides itself on gameplay which is something, both Ninja Theory and Capcom said they are preserving, I have said it once, I will say it again (This time I decided to use a less vulgar word)
If your gonna call bullcrap, get your facts straight, or GTFO.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I do hope DmC's good, just to spite people who hate it.

Even though people who hate the game hope it's bad, just to spite people like me.

Anyway, randomlulz is right. This is a pretty balanced forum compared to gamefaqs and C-U.

If you want to call this game crap without actual facts backing it, go literally anywhere else on the internet.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
NT should really stfu and get on with their work. It's okay shouting their mouths off, but if a game NOT designed for fans flops (like this one), then they should be made to eat the paper that interview was written on

I do hope DmC's good, just to spite people who hate it.

Sir, If i had an emote that clapped it's hands, i would post it just for that comment.

mrrandomlulz

Why thank you, VB! :D
allow me
0474.pinkie_5F00_pie_5F00_clapping_5F00_by_5F00_mihaaaa_2D00_d3izc63.gif

berto

I Saw the Devil
Here's my 2 cents.

Henry Ford once said that if he asked people what they wanted they would've said a faster horse. Obviously while talking about the car Ford pointed out an aspect of human nature that is more prominent of our times of technology since we are moving so fast, but this applies to the other parts of us that you imght say qulify here.

However, NT has not shown anything that is so beyond what we already have to justify calling them car (new) and horse (original). The gameplay we've seen doesn't look like it's going to be much more advance than 4, just diferent. The visuals are nice but sacrifices had to be made. Actually, the biggest diference we've seen so far is a cosmetic one, nothing else. Yeah, the buttons are diferent and the styles are gone but that's not affected the core gameplay, you can play this the same way you played the last 4 games and all you have to do is get used to the new botton scheme. The new angel/demon switch isn't as big a leap forward as it's been played to be, and there are not that many new things in this game that you couldn't do in the others.

This is all supossed to be a reaction to DMC4, right? Because of the poor reception of DMC4 by fans and critics? Well, it wasn't the way the game looked that was the issue, it was how it played and how the story was told. The game was, in so many ways, a step back from 3, which was a PS2 title, so that shouldn't be, and that just sucks, I mean, come on!!! The story style worked well in 3 but it was just not doing 4 any favors but is Capcom really so unflexible that they couldn't think of any other ways to change the series than to throw everything away and give it to someone else? I honestly think that they weren't getting what the problem was, that they are trying to fix the wrong things and failing to see, or maybe refusing to see, where the probles lay.

Well, that's what I think, not something they'd agree with but it is what I think they are missing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
^I'm not sure DMC4 was actually blasted by critics the same way ninja gaiden 3 was.

but other than that i agree with berto.

Jaxxy

Here's my 2 cents.

Henry Ford once said that if he asked people what they wanted they would've said a faster horse. Obviously while talking about the car Ford pointed out an aspect of human nature that is more prominent of our times of technology since we are moving so fast, but this applies to the other parts of us that you imght say qulify here.

However, NT has not shown anything that is so beyond what we already have to justify calling them car (new) and horse (original). The gameplay we've seen doesn't look like it's going to be much more advance than 4, just diferent. The visuals are nice but sacrifices had to be made. Actually, the biggest diference we've seen so far is a cosmetic one, nothing else. Yeah, the buttons are diferent and the styles are gone but that's not affected the core gameplay, you can play this the same way you played the last 4 games and all you have to do is get used to the new botton scheme. The new angel/demon switch isn't as big a leap forward as it's been played to be, and there are not that many new things in this game that you couldn't do in the others.

This is all supossed to be a reaction to DMC4, right? Because of the poor reception of DMC4 by fans and critics? Well, it wasn't the way the game looked that was the issue, it was how it played and how the story was told. The game was, in so many ways, a step back from 3, which was a PS2 title, so that shouldn't be, and that just sucks, I mean, come on!!! The story style worked well in 3 but it was just not doing 4 any favors but is Capcom really so unflexible that they couldn't think of any other ways to change the series than to throw everything away and give it to someone else? I honestly think that they weren't getting what the problem was, that they are trying to fix the wrong things and failing to see, or maybe refusing to see, where the probles lay.

Well, that's what I think, not something they'd agree with but it is what I think they are missing.

yes berto i agree with you too.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
If you think about it,there are many ways to make more DMC after DMC 3.Heck,they even made so many innovations and yet they lose ideas and made that cheap ass DMC 4.
Yeah,really professional.........

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
^ i think it was possible to make more games with Young Dante after 3 but before 1 and that would have been an easier direction as DMC3 Dante is a character who is easier to write. Those games write themselves.

I think yu could give vergil some games here and there but the canon route of him being nero angelo prevents you from doing more.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
^ i think it was possible to make more games with Young Dante after 3 but before 1 and that would have been an easier direction as DMC3 Dante is a character who is easier to write. Those games write themselves.

I think yu could give vergil some games here and there but the canon route of him being nero angelo prevents you from doing more.

mrrandomlulz

I remember my main problems with DMC4 was how slow it was compared to 3, the fact that ebony and ivory were practically useless compared to 3, and that it was impossible to get decent combos

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
NT should just stfu at this point, they're one of the most hated companies on the market right now.
I can guarantee that this game isn't going to sell well.

ReRave

smug jerk
NT should just stfu at this point, they're one of the most hated companies on the market right now.
I can guarantee that this game isn't going to sell well.
They are hated by a fanbase that not even their original developer gives a damn about. What does that tell you about the ****s NT could give?

Top Bottom