• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New York Comic-Con

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
In my opinion, Gameplay wise, It looks waaay to easy, literally way to easy. A big thumbs down for me. The only thing thats managing to hang on to by the new fans standards(and to some old ones) is the graphics of the combat, the flow of it is not smooth but rocky. But so far its slim and chunky in terms of combat.
Well it may look clunky and unsmooth, but just about everyone that has played the demo said the complete opposite, saying it's super fast and super smooth. I can see how it may look clunky in videos, especially if the player isn't very good, but I have a feeling alot of people will be surprised by how smooth the combat is.

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
Well it may look clunky and unsmooth, but just about everyone that has played the demo said the complete opposite, saying it's super fast and super smooth. I can see how it may look clunky in videos, especially if the player isn't very good, but I have a feeling alot of people will be surprised by how smooth the combat is.

I dislike the new DmC, once the Demo comes out Im gonna give it a chance just to say yeah I gave it a chance and thats my general opinion, But from what I am seeing it looks to easy just to obtain an S rank or a triple SSS Rank. No dwindling Style meter and no haste to keep it up from what I am seeing.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I dislike the new DmC, once the Demo comes out Im gonna give it a chance just to say yeah I gave it a chance and thats my general opinion, But from what I am seeing it looks to easy just to obtain an S rank or a triple SSS Rank. No dwindling Style meter and no haste to keep it up from what I am seeing.
Ah well there's always Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta, but at least you're giving it a chance. Respect. Lol
I also think it looks a little easier to get that high ranking, but others have told me different, so I guess we will see in a couple of months.

AngelMode

I dislike the new DmC, once the Demo comes out Im just gonna give it a chance, But from what I am seeing it looks to easy just to obtain an S rank or a triple SSS Rank.

It's not as easy as you may think... the only reason they get the high ranks is because some of these players have been playing the game (with each consecutive build) for months, literally months, and have a good idea of how everything works in order to get your style up.

This reminds me once when DMC4 wasn't out yet, and some dude from Capcom did a demo walkthrough of the game, the guy was so good that he got S-SSS ranks in all of the fights throughout the demo. Granted that in DMC3 and 4 it is harder to keep SS and SSS ranks because they actually go away if you spend too much time without filling your meter, while in DmC you have three different bars for S, SS, and SSS that will not bring you down once the bar is depleted... unless you get hit.

But for the most part... whomever said it was hard to get an SSS in past DMCs? It wasn't...

Dusk Stalker

Ah well there's always Metal Gear Rising and Bayonetta, but at least you're giving it a chance. Respect. Lol
I also think it looks a little easier to get that high ranking, but others have told me different, so I guess we will see in a couple of months.

Again I have doubts that people say its harder. People tend to Overhype on difficulty.

Dusk Stalker

It's not as easy as you may think... the only reason they get the high ranks is because some of these players have been playing the game (with each consecutive build) for months, literally months, and have a good idea of how everything works in order to get your style up.

This reminds me once when DMC4 wasn't out yet, and some dude from Capcom did a demo walkthrough of the game, the guy was so good that he got S-SSS ranks in all of the fights throughout the demo. Granted that in DMC3 and 4 it is harder to keep SS and SSS ranks because they actually go away if you spend too much time without filling your meter, while in DmC you have three different bars for S, SS, and SSS that will not bring you down once the bar is depleted... unless you get hit.

But for the most part... whomever said it was hard to get an SSS in past DMCs? It wasn't...

As I posted above, People tend to Overhype on how hard the difficulty is.

AngelMode

As I posted above, People tend to Overhype the on how hard the difficulty is.

Well, people tend to hype just about anything if they like it, I guess.

You could just wait for the game to come out and see some more honest reviews on things like difficulty... because as of now, we can only go with Capcom's word of "it isn't as hard as DMC3 non-special edition, but may be a bit harder than the special edition."

Dusk Stalker

Well, people tend to hype just about anything if they like it, I guess.

You could just wait for the game to come out and see some more honest reviews on things like difficulty... because as of now, we can only go with Capcom's word of "it isn't as hard as DMC3 non-special edition, but may be a bit harder than the special edition."

Like I said, Even though I dislike this DmC, I am going to give the demo a chance. And yes people tend due to hype I am agreeing with you 1000%, but sometimes its that overhype that can be the downfall of any game. Reviews Yes I will see them(Except Game Informer, their giving more of a kissing a** review then an honest review in my opinion)

kerolin

I have found Dante's backstory with a little more of quality:
I wanted to understand what do he is talking
tumblr_mc2aenLWdI1rq2vll.gif

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
In my opinion, Gameplay wise, It looks waaay to easy, literally way to easy. A big thumbs down for me. The only thing thats managing to hang on to by the new fans standards(and to some old ones) is the graphics of the combat, the flow of it is not smooth but rocky. But so far its slim and chunky in terms of combat.

Its not easy at all. All demos have the difficulty set at easy. The enemies don't hit very often, but take off **** ton of damage. I have first hand experience with the game.

Gbraga

That gamepaly was really good, I just think Eryx should be faster, I don't want all the weapons to fit into the generic "slow but hard hitter" and "great range but no damage". I like Arbiter, but I just can't see myself using Eryx all that much.

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul

You haven't played it. It's not as easy as you think. Slim and chunky combat? You can't find a quality high enough on the internet to show off the game's actual look. I was swept by this.

Dusk Stalker

You haven't played it. It's not as easy as you think. Slim and chunky combat? You can't find a quality high enough on the internet to show off the game's actual look. I was swept by this.

That is why I am waiting for the demo, that was a first rough observation so far.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I wanted to understand what do he is talking
tumblr_mc2aenLWdI1rq2vll.gif

Here it is in Portuguese ;)

"Seus olhos realmente se abrir para o mal em toda parte. Tomei uma posição. Lutei de volta ... mortos ... não importa as conseqüências. Então, eu escolhi o meu caminho e eu vivi por ele. E depois de toda a ira que, violência e morte, você tem que cavar fundo ... profundamente em seu próprio coração ... para ver se você ainda está sã ... Ou se você ainda pode chamar-se ... humano. "

kerolin

Here it is in Portuguese ;)

"Seus olhos realmente se abrir para o mal em toda parte. Tomei uma posição. Lutei de volta ... mortos ... não importa as conseqüências. Então, eu escolhi o meu caminho e eu vivi por ele. E depois de toda a ira que, violência e morte, você tem que cavar fundo ... profundamente em seu próprio coração ... para ver se você ainda está sã ... Ou se você ainda pode chamar-se ... humano. "

tumblr_mc1zr3uQAm1r9o0g2.gif

:)

Top Bottom