• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

new theories about Nero

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i just came up with this one. a few people on this forum (me included) have suggested the idea that Sparda had a child with another human before Eva and that Nero is a descendant of that child. so far no one has tried to guess who that person might be (or at least i haven't read any theories about it on this forum), but i think i know who it would be. Eva isn't the first mortal woman involved in the legend of Sparda. the priestess that Sparda sacrificed to seal the Temen-ni-gru is. my theory is that the priestess had at least two children. one with another human (Lady's ancestor) and another with the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda (Nero's ancestor) not only would it explain Nero but it would also add to Sparda's backstory. the idea of Sparda sacrificing a random human is nowhere near as good a story as Sparda sacrificing someone he loved to save the world.

of course it wouldn't explain Nero's arm or his apparent direct connection with Vergil and/or Yamato. but i can't think of any theory that explains the arm and Sparda's blood. and the only theory that explains having Sparda's blood and a direct connection to Vergil is the "Nero is Vergil's son" theory which makes no sense. so the arm and the connection to Vergil would have to be explained by some other event (the "Vergil's soul is in Nero's arm" theory would would explain both and it wouldn't take that much effort to explain how that happened)

is this a good theory? and does anybody else have any theories about Nero that haven't been suggested a thousand times ( detailed versions of theories that have only been given a vague explanation before count as new theories )

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Wow, this actually makes alot of sense, and because vergil is so obsessed with power, he would most likely consider humans weak and useless, so vergil falling in love and having a son is rather strange for his personality

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Perhaps due to his connection to Sparda, Vergil's wayward soul found a way to live on by basically parasitizing Nero. Then when Nero's arm was injured by an Assault, the demonic energies left behind were enough to partially reawaken Vergil's soul.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Well while I agree the Vergil son theory is stupid , it still does not stop the fact that it was confirmed by capcom themselves

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
WARNING: EASILY OFFENDED? DON'T READ!

Capcom took a great big dump, picked their cr*p up out of the loo and molded Nero together... see, a perfectly reasonable explanation... (apologies... ish tired)

edit: not to seem like a troll, but i also though about Vergil being reincarnated as another demon, attacking Nero as a kid and some how possessing his arm....

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
Perhaps due to his connection to Sparda, Vergil's wayward soul found a way to live on by basically parasitizing Nero. Then when Nero's arm was injured by an Assault, the demonic energies left behind were enough to partially reawaken Vergil's soul.

Like Saiki & Ash Crimson...

Capcom took a great big dump, picked their cr*p up out of the loo and molded Nero together... see, a perfectly reasonable explanation... (apologies... ish tired)

edit: not to seem like a troll, but i also though about Vergil being reincarnated as another demon, attacking Nero as a kid and some how possessing his arm....
HAH!!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014

As I read this I wanted to hold Nero in my arms and quell his crying LOL!
Maybe Sparda had more than one lady in his life but this would mean Sparda knocked up a chick recently because of Nero's age. But Sparda disappeared from the human world remember folks?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i just came up with this one. a few people on this forum (me included) have suggested the idea that Sparda had a child with another human before Eva and that Nero is a descendant of that child. so far no one has tried to guess who that person might be (or at least i haven't read any theories about it on this forum), but i think i know who it would be. Eva isn't the first mortal woman involved in the legend of Sparda. the priestess that Sparda sacrificed to seal the Temen-ni-gru is. my theory is that the priestess had at least two children. one with another human (Lady's ancestor) and another with the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda (Nero's ancestor) not only would it explain Nero but it would also add to Sparda's backstory. the idea of Sparda sacrificing a random human is nowhere near as good a story as Sparda sacrificing someone he loved to save the world.

of course it wouldn't explain Nero's arm or his apparent direct connection with Vergil and/or Yamato. but i can't think of any theory that explains the arm and Sparda's blood. and the only theory that explains having Sparda's blood and a direct connection to Vergil is the "Nero is Vergil's son" theory which makes no sense. so the arm and the connection to Vergil would have to be explained by some other event (the "Vergil's soul is in Nero's arm" theory would would explain both and it wouldn't take that much effort to explain how that happened)

is this a good theory? and does anybody else have any theories about Nero that haven't been suggested a thousand times ( detailed versions of theories that have only been given a vague explanation before count as new theories )

I think your theory reminds me of assassins creed in a good way and as long as Lady aint revealed to Sparda's blood and has demonic powers, I'm cool with it.

I dont mind Nero's being Vergil's kid or Dante's as long as he aint a clone.

I read a good fanfic called the acension where the arm was revealed to be a weapon vergil was smuggling out of the demon world. The reason why nero was chosen instead of Vergil was cause he had qualities vergil didnt.

Apparent connection was that Nero remineded Vergil of himself when he was young or found him easy to manipulate.

The arm could be an unexplored part of the sparda lineage. The reason why dante doesnt have is he is not interested in honing or expanding on his demonic self.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
They did? I had no idea...

This
5.jpg

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
I read a good fanfic called the acension where the arm was revealed to be a weapon vergil was smuggling out of the demon world. The reason why nero was chosen instead of Vergil was cause he had qualities vergil didnt.

Apparent connection was that Nero remineded Vergil of himself when he was young or found him easy to manipulate.

interesting and it explains the arm. does the fanfic provide an explanation for Yamato's reaction to Nero.

The arm could be an unexplored part of the sparda lineage. The reason why dante doesnt have is he is not interested in honing or expanding on his demonic self.

but than why wouldn't Vergil have it he did everything he could to master his demonic power.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
interesting and it explains the arm. does the fanfic provide an explanation for Yamato's reaction to Nero.

but than why wouldn't Vergil have it he did everything he could to master his demonic power.

I'm not sure.
Here's the fic-
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4696085/1/Arrested_Ancestry

Out of story answer- They didnt come up with the DB till4 so they dont have an answer.

In story answer, he did just never bothered to use it when we saw him as he might not like using it.

Railazel

To explain how Vergil got inside Nero's arm:

In the"History of DMC" bonus of DMC4, Mundus didn't corrupt Vergil's soul. Actually, he outright killed the poor lad, but took his soul and placed in some corpse (this is the reason why Dante doesn't recognize him).

After Dante defeated him, Vergil was able to escape from his corpse prison.

Where did he go? Well, we know that Echidna gives birth to demon seeds. These demon seeds are just containers for demon spirits. So, it would make sense that Vergil had ended up in one of those seeds.

Naturally, as the story goes, a bunch of demons attacked Fortuna. Nero got attacked by the Chimera (demon seeds who are manipulated by a demon spirit) containing Vergil's soul, and after the Vergil Chimera was defeated, Vergil's soul went inside the wound of Nero's shoulder.

Combine this with the "Lady's ancestor is the other woman" theory and we finally have a backstory for Nero. Yay!

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Its also true that white hair runs in Dantes family. Nero having natural white hair is not a coincidence, so Nero has to be related to somebody in the family...
anime-phoenix-wright-875807.gif

Top Bottom