• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Gameplay

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Pretty good stream! I WON A BAG! :D

my man!! :D thats awesome. on a scale of awesome its about this
funny-tattoos-tattoo-win-the-winningest-tattoo-of-all-wins1.jpg

somekidfromthe90's

It's not so much about the tip itself, but more about what it is trying to convey with it.

They said that this wasn't a game that will be telling you tricks you could use and that they will let the community figure those out by themselves. But now they are taking some of those words back. If any regular individual watches that gameplay, their first impression of the game would be that of a game that gives you hints on the enemies whenever you encounter them. And that is especially how DMC fans will see it. Newcomers will probably think nothing of it but still find it interesting, depending if they like games with hints or not.

i respectfully disagree, i never heard or read NT or Capcom say that (highlighted portion). Unless you can direct me to the source of this info you're making an inference. And i really feel like their just doing this to incentivize people to try and experiment with the enemies and try and find other weak points. I say this because up until i saw this trailer i never really understood why i should take my time and experiment with enemy types (i never played DMC so the concept is new to me) as in, what was the purpose? This little tibit of info gives that answer in a implicit manner. It shows you, in a matter of fact way, that "Hey, you can do this if you hit it with this cool huh?" so it kind of sets off a signal in your brain saying "Huh...if i can do that i wonder what else i can do?" and it ENCOURAGES people to experiment and find cool stuff to do.

Agility

"Known"
i respectfully disagree, i never heard or read NT or Capcom say that (highlighted portion). Unless you can direct me to the source of this info you're making an inference. And i really feel like their just doing this to incentivize people to try and experiment with the enemies and try and find other weak points. I say this because up until i saw this trailer i never really understood why i should take my time and experiment with enemy types (i never played DMC so the concept is new to me) as in, what was the purpose? This little tibit of info gives that answer in a implicit manner. It shows you, in a matter of fact way, that "Hey, you can do this if you hit it with this cool huh?" so it kind of sets off a signal in your brain saying "Huh...if i can do that i wonder what else i can do?" and it ENCOURAGES people to experiment and find cool stuff to do.

Come on kid, you know they're just trolling.

crush

Congrats about the bag!

This stream showed quite a lot.
The drive looked nicer than the one shown in previous ones, but it lacked the jet-like noise which I liked in 4.
Also there was a demon weapon kill achievement called "In the name of my father". Wonder whats the angel one.
Plus, the streak ice projectile parry was awesome. The visual and results are satisfying.
And at 24:25 it looks like 25% of his hair is going white. It resembles like a chocolate and vanilla sundae though.

25:46 lol. I thought my screen got gliched.

somekidfromthe90's

Congrats about the bag!

This stream showed quite a lot.
The drive looked nicer than the one shown in previous ones, but it lacked the jet-like noise which I liked in 4.
Also there was a demon weapon kill achievement called "In the name of my father". Wonder whats the angel one.
Plus, the streak ice projectile parry was awesome. The visual and results are satisfying.
And at 24:25 it looks like 25% of his hair is going white. It resembles like a chocolate and vanilla sundae though.

25:46 lol. I thought my screen got gliched.
jet-like noise? I find the name of the achievement to be pretty cool. And i think its more like 15% or 10% of his hair. It'll be cool if his hair gradually turned white throughout the game. But if it doesn't i'm not complaining i like the "white patch" look.

somekidfromthe90's

Well think about it. How can you complain about hints in a video game? Hints that have always been able to be turned off (from my experience.)
I can't really give a definite answer since it's mostly something based on opinion. I've only seen people complain about tiny things when either A)they hate the game and love pointing out it's mistakes or B)they honestly like the game and don't want it to fall flat. And again these aren't definite answers just my two cents.

AngelMode

Congrats Chocolate! That was sweet.

They said so during the Poison boss fight. Watch some of Capcom-Unity streams from E3. Greg said that, mentioning how it was a Capcom thing to do. Tameem also said that the basics of the combat engine was "if someone thinks they can do something, let them do it, let them try." Once you get a hint, you already know you can do it, so why would you try it?

Sure, for newcomers that might be true. But from my perspective, it is a straight out annoyance. So if there is a thing to switch off the hints, you bet as hell I will do so, and if there isn't, once a hint is given to me, the first thing I will do will be ignore it and do something else to see if it works.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC has always strive on using your noodle in battle based on your own experience. With past DMC it was here is an instruction booklet read the controls and basics and read the other stuff if you care. First mission is usually a brief tutorial and testing if you can get the basic control scheme down and there is usually a quick tutorial for all/most non-combat based features (outside the controls)...fine...but when it came to enemies...it never tells you a single fun fact about each enemy....when your fighting them or encounter them for the first time. It prides itself on you depending on your analytical skills to examine your enemies such when fighting Blitz I realized the hard way hitting it up close is a bad idea and I recently just realized that doing a barrel roll dodge actually is the most effective way to dodge its lightning beam attack before I tried jumping out of the way but it seems that it can hit you in the air just as well as if you were on land....reason was I examined that when aiming that lightning...I thought "hmmmm...that attack reminds me of a limbo pole..what if doing a dodge roll I can roll under it." and boom it works or the Frosts that after I do heavy damage it goes into its ice shell and comes out and I wonder why is it regaining its health but after much attention I see that its ice arm is damaged right before it goes into its ice shell and is repaired once it comes out and that ice arm was its only weapon for attack but either way after I realized you can harm their ice shell I made it a priority to destroy their shell before they fully get out and after much experimentation I realized that Nero's Buster is the most effective and quicker way to destroy their ice shell and prevent them from healing their broken arm. Then Capcom does throw in a few in game hints without using tutorials like a few enemies data in the enemy files does reveal a small interesting information that can prove beneficial but they do it so vaguely that it doesn't come off as obvious as "Oh use this weapon to launch this enemy" or how in the DMC4 opening it showed Nero repelling an attack of the Angelos and when I saw that same attack...I realized maybe its possible to return this attack.....I tried doing it like Nero did in the opening but shooting it back is more effective.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Just turn the tutorial off for God sake. Why is this still a topic of discussion?:/

What if the Tutorial reveals something useful needed to advance. Simple don't use enemy tutorials unless if its like DMC1....there is a difference between making a game for casual gamers and making a game for noobs/little kids.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
What if the Tutorial reveals something useful needed to advance. Simple don't use enemy tutorials unless if its like DMC1....there is a difference between making a game for casual gamers and making a game for noobs/little kids.

Well if there is something important, but you don't like tutorials, shut them off and good luck in finding those useful things on your own. You yourself said you want a challenge from this game, well there it is.

Top Bottom