• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry 4 scans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger
Re: new dmc4 scans!!!

...actually I was really disappointed in DMC2 (well, I mean other than the obvious ENTIRE GAME) with the whole second disc, quite frankly it made me not want to finish it. I could not stand playing as Lucia-and I think the same would go for Trish or Lady...sry.

Chrysander

When I was getting towards the end of DMC3, I was assuming that A) I'd get Vergil's sword as the final weapon, and B) once I completed it, get to go through the game as Lady, or at least she'd have a small set of her own missions. I was a little disappointed that neither of those happen(ed). So if you can pick Lady and she is cool in DMC4, I think that's a neat idea. From what I saw of Trish in DMC1, she looked boring and I wouldn't be interested in playing her as she was then. If they made her more awesome in DMC4, I'd change my mind. I am not bothered about the gender of the characters, just so long as the characters work well and are well developed.

IloveVergil

Demon a$$-kicker

I was dissappointed like hell after completing DMC3 for the first time.I saw that we can play Vergil,and burst with ecstacy,but when i found out after the prologue that Vergil can only be played in Dante's scenario,has only one style and no cutscenes at all I almost cried.Damn those developers:mad:

machindix

IloveVergil;5911 said:
I was dissappointed like hell after completing DMC3 for the first time.I saw that we can play Vergil,and burst with ecstacy,but when i found out after the prologue that Vergil can only be played in Dante's scenario,has only one style and no cutscenes at all I almost cried.Damn those developers:mad:

Yeah, I felt a bit cheated too when I got my SE... I thought a character as important as Vergil should at least be able to get a few cut scenes of his own, but he only got one...:(

I'm looking forward to the new female lead in DMC4 though. I hope Capcom won't name her Rachel or anything like that... (I'm starting Inferno all over again...) Do you guys think Trish'll be back? Now that we have a new protagonist, I heavily doubt that any of the girls from the past games will show up...

Chrysander

machindix;5914 said:
Yeah, I felt a bit cheated too when I got my SE... I thought a character as important as Vergil should at least be able to get a few cut scenes of his own, but he only got one...:(

I'm looking forward to the new female lead in DMC4 though. I hope Capcom won't name her Rachel or anything like that...(I'm starting Inferno all over again...) Do you guys think Trish'll be back? Now that we have a new protagonist, I heavily doubt that any of the girls from the past series will show up...

I remember reading somewhere that some characters from previous games will make a come-back. But who knows if that's true, and if it is, who they would be. Maybe some bosses / enemies will be the same / similar. I'd quite like to fight some of the same baddies, I liked the dust-demon skeleton thingies from DMC3. It'd be funny if through the whole game you don't fight them, but then you just come across one on his own sat in a corner somewhere, and you kick his ass.

machindix

Chrysander;5916 said:
I remember reading somewhere that some characters from previous games will make a come-back. But who knows if that's true, and if it is, who they would be. Maybe some bosses / enemies will be the same / similar. I'd quite like to fight some of the same baddies, I liked the dust-demon skeleton thingies from DMC3. It'd be funny if through the whole game you don't fight them, but then you just come across one on his own sat in a corner somewhere, and you kick his ass.

The ones that sit around are called sloths (yep, they're lazy...) and, yes, that would be hilarious.:D But I kind of perfer spanking Jester's purple a**...:p

aoshi

Crimson Lucy;5876 said:
BECAUSE NERO IS WAY YOUNGER LOOKING THAN DANTE.

Unless Capcom has a REALLY good reason for Dante having facial hair and Nero looking like a teenager then i refuse to believe that Nero is in fact Vergil.

I think companies do this mess just to have internet forums speculating and generate buzz.

And then the crybabies would cry that Nero is too similar to Dante and he should have some unique moves of his own.

WHATEVA! All I know is there better be a playable female character.

Names in Devil may cry 3 are unique and they are not jus names but have a reason behind them.

agni=fire and rudra=wind in sanskrit.
nelo=black and angelo=angel in italian.
and i also read that dante and vergil are both the names of characters in a french play or book.It is not like dante is from some other context and vergil is from some other context.
The reason i like Devil may cry 3 is that there is more to everythin in the game than i see in them.
That is why this nero does not make sense to me.

Chrysander

IF Nero is Vergil, the explanation about his age could be that he is the same physical age as when he was first turned into Nero Angelo, which quite possibly was straight away when Mundus defeated him, which would make him around 19 (end of DMC3). So then, if he was then returned to human form, with no memories, in DMC1, he may have reverted to his prior age (19) whilst Dante is 32(?) in that game - in the form of Nero Angelo, Vergil didn't age at all, so upon being released, he is unchanged physically. So then, in DMC4, say Dante is 35, Nero would be 22...

atlus

nero means black :p not nelo
and the divine comedy is italian not frensh
written by dante alighieri.
dante is based on alighieri, who is also the protagonist in his own
book
vergil is based on publius vergilius maro, a famous poet
who is also a character in the book

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

Chrysander;5924 said:
IF Nero is Vergil, the explanation about his age could be that he is the same physical age as when he was first turned into Nero Angelo, which quite possibly was straight away when Mundus defeated him, which would make him around 19 (end of DMC3). So then, if he was then returned to human form, with no memories, in DMC1, he may have reverted to his prior age (19) whilst Dante is 32(?) in that game - in the form of Nero Angelo, Vergil didn't age at all, so upon being released, he is unchanged physically. So then, in DMC4, say Dante is 35, Nero would be 22...

Dante is about gonna be about 40 something in DMC 4. He was 19 in DMC 3 (or some age like that) and DMC 1 is 20 years after DMC 3.

Captain Liberty

A True Swordmaster

KingJordan;5933 said:
Dante is about gonna be about 40 something in DMC 4. He was 19 in DMC 3 (or some age like that) and DMC 1 is 20 years after DMC 3.

Soz but I gotta correct you on that one, DMC1 is 10 years after DMC3. in the manga we see dante (at about 8-9) and THAT is when his mother is killed and he THINKS vergil dies. now as DMC1 was released first it makes sence that they wanted Dante around later 20's (we can now place a more exact age on it). Now when Trish says "your the man who lost a mother and a brother ot evil 20 years ago" she wasn't including DMC3, but you could also say that if she knew what happened in Tam-ni-guri (or what-ever it's called:p) and that Dantes brother had died 10 years ago not 20 then Dante would have been VERY superstitious about her. I guess he didn't tell anyone about DMC3, but everyone seems to know about how his mother dies (even the mad hater in the manga who i'm pretty sure is Arkham).

Plus in the first game does he ook more like 29 or 39?:p

KingJordan

I be tippin' down

Captain Liberty;5934 said:
Soz but I gotta correct you on that one, DMC1 is 10 years after DMC3. in the manga we see dante (at about 8-9) and THAT is when his mother is killed and he THINKS vergil dies. now as DMC1 was released first it makes sence that they wanted Dante around later 20's (we can now place a more exact age on it). Now when Trish says "your the man who lost a mother and a brother ot evil 20 years ago" she wasn't including DMC3, but you could also say that if she knew what happened in Tam-ni-guri (or what-ever it's called:p) and that Dantes brother had died 10 years ago not 20 then Dante would have been VERY superstitious about her. I guess he didn't tell anyone about DMC3, but everyone seems to know about how his mother dies (even the mad hater in the manga who i'm pretty sure is Arkham).

Plus in the first game does he ook more like 29 or 39?:p

Alright. Thanks for clearing that up for me.:)

Chrysander

well whatever the specific ages are, Nero might be the preserved human form of Vergil from all those years ago, with no memory. Ah it's all so contrived :)

jigsaw_541

Gunslinger

Wow, this all sounds like very probable situations for Nero to in fact be Virgil...But, I still have my reservations just as I had as soon as I heard of the new character. Still, one way or the other, I think we can all agree on one thing-this game is gonna kick some serious a$$!

d4rkn1ght

Devils Never Cry

GenocideHero;5938 said:
Screw Nero; Dante all the way. Rebellion is the way to go.

u dont know who is Nero to talking soo bad on him.........................blow a job LOL
just kidding

aoshi

atlus;5926 said:
nero means black :p not nelo
and the divine comedy is italian not frensh
written by dante alighieri.
dante is based on alighieri, who is also the protagonist in his own
book
vergil is based on publius vergilius maro, a famous poet
who is also a character in the book

i apologize for not being specific.Although my point was about the naming convention that the series had followed so far.
but now i am havin a doubt that nero can not be nero angelo if not vergil.
As nero angelo means black angel,that was wat he was as were agni and rudra.But nero or nelo kinda represents an already existing character and i feel that it is not unique enough as names were for other characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero

But from greek mythology as above,nero is a unique name.so i am guessin he is a new character.Because nero angelo cannot be nicknamed nero.Because nero means black and it is jus an adjective and not a noun.it has to be in conjunction with a noun(angel) to make sense."Black angel" cannot be simply called "black".It is actually the angel that the name refers who is black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom