• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New Devil May Cry 4 scans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curse

Cursed Girl
Re: new dmc4 scans!!!

in my opionion dante was more hadsome in DMC 3...

oh and the graphics are psycho as expected ^^

some new swords.....but i think i can see rebelion though ^___^

machindix

The guy in the red coat IS Nero... he's the new protagonist...

Looks like Dante's playing the baddie this time. I'm going have read the whole thing. Tell you later.

ARE WE THE HUNTED THIS TIME?

Chrysander

Hey thanks for posting these! Some of those screen shots look like Dante, some seem like Vergil. It'd be cool if you play like 2 sides of the story. But even so, I guess a game just with Vergil would be pretty cool, he is a good character anyway. Check out his hand in the large rendered image. It is glowing, maybe that stuff about his arm was literal after all?

Devil-Sympathy

If someone can translate this it would be appreciated, my Japanese reading is getting there but still get confused with what i see.

I take it that Virgil has taken a new name now as Nero, from what i see, it looks like he weilds guns now...aww, I like summoned swords :(
either way i don't mind Nero as a new protangonist, I would only hope they up the skillsets bothe virgil and Nero Angelo :D

machindix

All right, here's what I've gathered so far. The story's set after DMC1... The new protagonist is Nero. He belongs to an orginization called "the Cult of the Devil's Sword" (<--- mind you that this is NOT the official translation...) formed by people (half demons maybe) who possess demonic powers. Their goal seem to be the same as Dante's, but somehow, they are being brutally hunted down--BY DANTE HIMSELF!! So Nero mission is to investigate this incident.

By the way, the designers say Nero's a sarcastic misanthropist (that is, a world-weary, pessimistic, unfriendly person) I guess that means he won't get along too well with Dante...

The producers also hinted that there might be some connections between Nero and Dante (or even Vergil maybe)

That's all I can figure out for now (with my poor, poor Japanese)

aoshi

hey that is great news.but i really did not guess that they were gonna make a new character this time.and put him in the logo too.
It seems that red queen is goin to be nero's weapon of choice and he uses guns too.

machindix

Kobayashi said in the interveiw that they wanted Nero to be new, and at the same time familiar to the gamers. The reason why they decided on a new protagonist is becuase DMC4 is on a completely new plateform and they wanted to give those new to the series a fresh start. But they kept the red outfit and the silver hair as a trademark for the hero of the series. They also kept Dante's fighting style on Nero so the old fans can have a easier time getting use to him.

They didn't mention Nelo Angelo in the interveiw though.

Devil-Sympathy

Yes! I was thinking there must be other Devil Hunters out there, I was hoping for rivallry, but there seems to be a contridiction in there. A devil hunter, but sees dante as a threat to his allies?

aoshi

will it be hunting the hunters rather than hunting the devils?
will dante fight the devil hunters and nero fight dante?

aoshi

yeah but why would dante hunt humans and not devils?That is where i dont understand.

Devil-Sympathy

It also occured to me, that if they didn't want this game to seem like a sequel they should of numbered this DMC, sort of like what they did for Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams (4) :p

Devil-Sympathy

In any case, here is a bit more on the subject :) from Gamespot. Though I find that machindix is a lot more accurate perhaps :p

"Dante is going to be taken a back seat in the first next generation entry in the Devil May Cry series. The new issue of Famitsu reveals that Devil May Cry 4 will feature a new lead in the form of Nero, a new character who slightly resembles Dante in that he has white hair and sports a long coat.

Speaking with the magazine, director Hideaki Itsuno stated that the change was made in part to put fans and newcomers on equal ground with the game. One of the worries was that if the game looks too much like a sequel, new players will have a hard time of playing.

The classic Devil May Cry hero will appear in the game as a "mysterious person." From Nero's perspective, Dante is an enemy who appears out of nowhere and kills his allies. Chronologically, the Dante that appears in this game comes after part 1 but before part 2 (the series chronology is 3, 1, 4, 2).

Kobayashi wouldn't state for sure if Dante will be playable (Famitsu shows some shots of Dante shooting his gun, but these may just be event scenes), but Nero seems to have enough tricks that you won't want to go back to the classic hero. Nero has access to a new array of attacks using his "Devil Right Hand." Nero's right hand can be used to pull distant enemies in and send enemies that are close by flying away.

All the classic Devil May Cry moves are also planned for the game. Nero can wield two guns and has access to a variety of swords, including the powerful Red Queen. The combo system is based on that of part 3, Itsuno revealed to the magazine, noting that Capcom has been making adjustments by listening to user feedback. There are a few mysterious new systems, including one where your sword has an element of "acceleration" about it, but details will have to wait until a certain late-September game show.

Devil May Cry is also about stylish drama sequences between the action, and Itsuno and crew seem to have this covered as well. Like part 3, DMC4 will have its event scenes directed by movie director Yuji Shimomura. The story volume will be greater than that of the previous games, Itsuno noted to the magazine.

Itsuno also shared some details on how the game is tapping the power of the PS3. The visuals attempt to deliver a satisfying feel of being in the air. Nero's right arm actions are, according to Itsuno, something that could not be done on current machines.

Closing off the Famitsu feature, producer Hiroyuki Kobayashi commented on Capcom's Devil May Cry 4 showing at the Tokyo Game Show. Players will be able to sample the game as Nero. In addition, Capcom will hold a Devil May Cry stage event which will include a surprise announcement."

IGN report

machindix

Devil-Sympathy;5285 said:
Yes! I was thinking there must be other Devil Hunters out there, I was hoping for rivallry, but there seems to be a contridiction in there. A devil hunter, but sees dante as a threat to his allies?

Because Dante's actually hunting down the members of the cult in which Nero belonged... or should I say "brotherhood"... does the word "cult" sound negative to you guys? (I'm Taiwanese so I wouldn't really know...)

Anyway, "the Brotherhood of the Devil's Sword " is something like a Devil Hunter's orginization. Sparda's sort of like their patron saint...

aoshi;5290 said:
yeah but why would dante hunt humans and not devils?That is where i dont understand.

I have no idea either...

Devil-Sympathy;5285 said:
In any case, here is a bit more on the subject from Gamespot.

That pretty much sums up the interveiw!!

Devil-Sympathy

Cult can sound like a negative word, but the depends on the context. As far as DMC is concerned fits well. More modern compared to 'Brotherhood'

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!

Devil-Sympathy;5299 said:
The classic Devil May Cry hero will appear in the game as a "mysterious person." From Nero's perspective, Dante is an enemy who appears out of nowhere and kills his allies. Chronologically, the Dante that appears in this game comes after part 1 but before part 2 (the series chronology is 3, 1, 4, 2).

Kobayashi wouldn't state for sure if Dante will be playable (Famitsu shows some shots of Dante shooting his gun, but these may just be event scenes), but Nero seems to have enough tricks that you won't want to go back to the classic hero. Nero has access to a new array of attacks using his "Devil Right Hand." Nero's right hand can be used to pull distant enemies in and send enemies that are close by flying away.

To be honest I'm not liking the sound of the storyline so far....unless Nero ends up being Dante somehow. I wouldn't mind if this Nero was another playable character. But I don't want to play a DMC game that isn't in Dante's point of view. It'd be kind of straying away from the storyline.

machindix

Frankly, I wasn't very happy about it at first either. To me, Dante IS DMC!! And I believe many people out there besides me hold the same opinion too. Capcom's taken a pretty risky step in replacing him with a new character, but they seemed confident enough about it and that why I decided to give them a chance, just to see how they'd pull it off. If things don't turn out to our satisfactory, we can always get Dante back with enough ranting and railing...

aoshi

i think the plot is quite interesting.
some more news about the plot:

credits: DexterXS

Further direct/Literal translations have revealed the following information:

- "Nero" is a knight within the Order of the Demon Blade, a religious order which protects the secrets and powers of demons from the world.
- There's no indication that he is the Vergil that we know from DMC3 and DMC1.
- The game is set in a huge city known as Fortuna.
- The people here believe that Sparda is a god, and the Order that Nero works for wants to undo Sparda's seal.
- It is for this purpose that Nero ends up in this city, but here his entire unit is slaughtered by the demon hunter Dante.

meirelle

~from the dark~

Chrysander;5303 said:
isn't Nero just Vergil?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nero_Angelo

Seems a bit weird to make a NEW character called Nero when there is already a character called Nero Angelo who looks exactly the same? Bit confusing if I am wrong?

No, I don't think so. They don't look the same at all. Nero looks way too young to be Vergil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom