• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New demon hunters for future DMCs

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
With Devil May Cry 5 coming soon along with a new character called "V", that leaves us one thing. What does the future hold for DMC?

But what kind of new demon hunters would you picture joining the fray with those unique like Nero & V?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
With demons becoming known wide-spread after the events of 5, I could see something akin to a "Hunters Guild" popping up where capable humans gather to train, pass info, take jobs etc etc...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
With demons becoming known wide-spread after the events of 5, I could see something akin to a "Hunters Guild" popping up where capable humans gather to train, pass info, take jobs etc etc...

Not just humans. But also half-breeds (hybrids) as well.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Not just humans. But also half-breeds (hybrids) as well.
Ah, but would they be accepted for their heritage is a key question since many will likely have become hunters because they lost family/friends to demons and I doubt they will be as accepting as Lady was.

Also, as an aside. Given how they go on about how special Sparda was for showing compassion towards humans, I can't see that many mixed-bloods running around. Unless there be a lot of the "R" word going about. But I doubt Capcom has the guts to go full Goblin Slayer on us...

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Devil May Cry is all about the Divine Comedy of Dante Alighieri. There must be a way to spread other myths into the game similar to that concept.

What about new demon hunters based on...
- Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Myth of Siegfried & Fafnir
- Cuchulain

Ah, but would they be accepted for their heritage is a key question since many will likely have become hunters because they lost family/friends to demons and I doubt they will be as accepting as Lady was.

Also, as an aside. Given how they go on about how special Sparda was for showing compassion towards humans, I can't see that many mixed-bloods running around. Unless there be a lot of the "R" word going about. But I doubt Capcom has the guts to go full Goblin Slayer on us...

You're right about that. There's bound to be some humans who side with some half-breeds, some won't if they ditch DMC for the enemy. That includes the opposite.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
The government invests in robots as a demon-deterrent. Half-joking but humans need some kind of edge or specialty to counter demon powers.

@Lain this could be a way to seperate different factions of hunters from another.

@Ronin I'm cool with more magic users.

Other creatures of myth and fables would be cool.

Last edited:

windleopard

It could be that there are a lot more compassionate demons running around but they either hide it or are considered to unimportant to be talked about since Dante usually deals with evil demons.

windleopard

The government invests in robots as a demon-deterrent. Half-joking but humans need some kind of edge or specialty to counter demon powers.

@Lain this could be a way to seperate different factions of hunters from another.

@Ronin I'm cool with more magic users.

Other creatures of myth and fables would be cool.
Maybe Nico could make more cybernetic enhancements. I can imagine a lot of people suffered grave injuries from demons.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It could be that there are a lot more compassionate demons running around but they either hide it or are considered to unimportant to be talked about since Dante usually deals with evil demons.
There was brad and julia from the anime. Brad was a weak soldier demon so maybe there are others like who are disenfranchised with the whole being chaotic thing.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
A few hunters I like to see in future DMCs:

- A hunter who's a rider who summons a horse in battle
- A hunter with the ability to summon armor from any kind of element. Even who's shield can act as a board for any kind of terrain: skate/hover/snow/surf/dirt.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
A few hunters I like to see in future DMCs:

- A hunter who's a rider who summons a horse in battle
- A hunter with the ability to summon armor from any kind of element. Even who's shield can act as a board for any kind of terrain: skate/hover/snow/surf/dirt.
those feel like magic users/summoners.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well you have good ideas for new demon hunters? Both magic & science/technology?
I'm not saying your ideas are wrong, i was just pointing it.

I think we do need a stronger definition of what a demon hunter is. Most people tend to based them off Dante but Lady makes more sense. The average hunter is probably closer to Lady- someone using guns- moving from place to place-.

@Lain's idea of a hunter's guild could work as a new way of doing things. Before they were scattered and a rumor but now that demons are common knowledge their looking into too new ways.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Since Nero's demon arm, wonder if we'll ever get a new demon hunter who's blind? Even one deaf or a mute?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Since they introduced The Order which was a demon hunting organisation that was also a Cult for Sparda, I've always been curious to see what actual Religious institutions in the DMC-verse thought about demons and if they had ways of dealing with them - especially since "Holy Water" is an item you can use to deal damage to demons...

Might be a bit too Castlevania-esque but I'd be interested in seeing it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wanted to give V an ex-girlfriend who is a magic-user. She may or may not be working for the bad guys. She's based of Leta Lestrange from Crimes of Grindelwald.

I don't think it was a bad idea for them to focus on themes of romantic love in 4. I just don't think they went deep enough with Nero/Kyrie's relationship to get people interested.

So a dynamic more perplexing with a love interest that is actively driving the actions might be better suited for DMC.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Since they introduced The Order which was a demon hunting organisation that was also a Cult for Sparda, I've always been curious to see what actual Religious institutions in the DMC-verse thought about demons and if they had ways of dealing with them - especially since "Holy Water" is an item you can use to deal damage to demons...

Might be a bit too Castlevania-esque but I'd be interested in seeing it.

DMC is European, but what if they explored other areas like in....

- Asia: Japan, China, India
- America: Native American/Canadian
- Africa
- Australia
- Middle East

Well... other religious factions Sparda came across during his travels

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Maybe they are like the Church from Hellsing?
They have a ton of holy relics but no innate spiritual power.
I suspect that if they've known about demons for some time then they've probably got some sort of anti-demon institution like the Order did which trains would-be Exorcists to be peak-human like Lady, where they overwhelm demons with numbers and anti-demon weapons rather than try to take demons on solo like Dante et all would.

The more I think about it, the more I think Capcom missed a trick by not introducing human Devil Hunters earlier. :frown:

Top Bottom