• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New characters for DMC6

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I liked Pedro Pascal's cowboy with a lasso character and wouldn't mind him popping up as another hunter.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Technically we have Lucia...... and Gloria.

A clean break from the cast would be to set a game in another country. So you could just set the game in China, Japan, Egypt, etc and focus on a new cast dealing with a local problem.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
A clean break from the cast would be to set a game in another country. So you could just set the game in China, Japan, Egypt, etc and focus on a new cast dealing with a local problem.

That'd feel so... out of place, personally.

Hungry Alien

I'm not sure a clean break would work. We got so many games presenting the current cast, it would be kinda strange to just go with another cast right now. I would rather have some important events occurs and the main cast reacting to it.

HeroOfTime

I would like to see Dante and Vergil return and actually be a team for a full game no need for Nero and Nico at all or the other's just one big bro bonding mission between the pair.

That said if i was to design a new hunter i think a preacher with holy magic and a kinda old cross mace or axe as his weapon would be cool maybe give him projectile attacks like Dante from the Dantes Infernal game.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
a lab experimental cambion, infused with the DNA and abilities of multiple different demon types

Controlled by the government and used to hunt down full and half demons to kill them

Appearance

Bald , no hair , no eyebrows and no facial hair

Red eyes

Tall about 6 foot 6 with a large muscular but athletic build

Demon form would change depending on the powers he would tap into

Powers would include several of the same abilities that dante vergil and nero have

Such as super strength, speed , agility , sportsmanship and a healing factor

But on top of that , include the abilities of

Frosts
Faustus
Sins
Blades

And all the non general or boss enemies of the dmc franchise

And I would name him Legion

windleopard

Allies

Bast - A demon-human hybrid from the Vie de Marli guardians clan. Her devil trigger is feline-themed, befitting someone named after the Egyptians cat goddess. She fights unarmed except for her natural claws which can cut through anything and can fire energy blasts from either her mouth or eyes. She is close friends with Lucia. Her playing style could be imagined as Yoruichi from Bleach in an action game.

Shane Truman - A bespectacled demon hunter who utilizes fire arms and magic items in his fight against demons. His involvement in demon hunting began with the raising of the Temen-ni-gru and witnessing his friends being killed.

Serene Carter - A demon-human hybrid who lives a relatively peaceful life with her human father Gabriel and demon mother Nyx until they are attacked by a group of humans seeking to weaponize demons for their own ends. Her mother is named after the Greek goddess of the night and appropriately commands shadows, an ability her daughter has inherited from her. She can use this power to teleport, turn intangible, form weapons or spawn creatures to fight for her. She would basically play as a less squishy version of V.

Enemies

Anya - A female demon with dark hair and pale white skin visually inspired by Lust from Fullmetal Alchemist. She can change her arms into blades which can extend at a seemingly infinite length and speed. By plunging her hand into the ground she can summon spikes from the earth.

Scourge - An ash demon who can transform himself into ash to move fast or teleport.

I never thought about that before, but this actually raises the question of if this retcon potentially undercuts previous games somewhat.

Like the end of 3 when Vergil lets himself be "trapped" in Hell despite (now retconned) having the key to escaping all along. Or how Mundus was trying to return to the Human World and yet had Vergil and Yamato under his complete control... :bored:

Maybe Yamato couldn't make portals big enough for Mundus to go through?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
And for those feeling evil, maybe have Baba Yaga missions where you have to search for and kidnap kids... EDIT: As for my idea of a new character, I still stand with my idea from a previous thread, so I'll just drop a link instead of reposting.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Any thoughts of new allies & villains for the next DMC?

Nero needs his own team with Nico at his side! Plus some villains that need to survive for the next game for the heroes to encounter again.

That includes about Nero's mother as well.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I still want a werewolf character that's as cool as these guys. I wanted him to be South Asian but not essential.

His powers are similar to Bigby's from the Wolf Among US. He can access his powers in stages- eventually going full wolf which you can control.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

I still want a werewolf character that's as cool as these guys. I wanted him to be South Asian but not essential.

His powers are similar to Bigby's from the Wolf Among US. He can access his powers in stages- eventually going full wolf which you can control.

what about something like Altered Beast as well?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I've been reading D.Gray Man recently, and had an idea... the series actually originated with Zone one-shot manga, and in that manga main character actually has anti-demonic arm which was transplanted onto him. And he himself is a demon, but seal keeps him under control. Similar idea could be used in Devil May Cry universe as well - it would actually be reminiscent of some theories about Nero's origins that were around back in pre-DMC5 days - essentially, a human who gains demonic powers by having arm of a demon transplanted onto him instead of his normal human arm.

This could lead to gameplay similar to DMC4 Nero, perhaps, but fact that we are talking about a transplanted arm could open up new avenues. Basically - utilizing the demonic powers has a cost, a time-limit similar to Devil Trigger, and if you use them too long (or too often) you gradually lose control before getting "Game Over". Meaning that those powers normally have to be channeled through weapons. And maybe have the arm gradually taking over anyway, and the goal being to find something (an artefact?) to stabilize it and prevent a takeover.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I've been reading D.Gray Man recently, and had an idea... the series actually originated with Zone one-shot manga, and in that manga main character actually has anti-demonic arm which was transplanted onto him. And he himself is a demon, but seal keeps him under control. Similar idea could be used in Devil May Cry universe as well - it would actually be reminiscent of some theories about Nero's origins that were around back in pre-DMC5 days - essentially, a human who gains demonic powers by having arm of a demon transplanted onto him instead of his normal human arm.

This could lead to gameplay similar to DMC4 Nero, perhaps, but fact that we are talking about a transplanted arm could open up new avenues. Basically - utilizing the demonic powers has a cost, a time-limit similar to Devil Trigger, and if you use them too long (or too often) you gradually lose control before getting "Game Over". Meaning that those powers normally have to be channeled through weapons. And maybe have the arm gradually taking over anyway, and the goal being to find something (an artefact?) to stabilize it and prevent a takeover.

NOW THAT will be a great idea for an anti-Nero! Would be a good rival... maybe even a battle partner as well.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!

I wonder if you would have him be a former civilian who became a demon hunter with that arm or a former Holy Knight of the Order of the Sword?

Capcom & the DMC crew need to hear about this kind of character!!!!

Picard

Starfleet Demon
NOW THAT will be a great idea for an anti-Nero! Would be a good rival... maybe even a battle partner as well.

Or both.

I wonder if you would have him be a former civilian who became a demon hunter with that arm or a former Holy Knight of the Order of the Sword?

Capcom & the DMC crew need to hear about this kind of character!!!!

Either would work, I think. Latter option might be better if we are aiming to integrate him into already existing cast.

Or maybe even have him be current member of Order of the Sword... DMC4 architecture is my favourite.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I came up with a new character to join Trish & Lady's branch Birds of Prey style!

Her name's Mylene

A half-demon contortionist and clown. Think of her as the Harley Quinn of the bunch wielding a ring blade like Tira's from Soulcalibur. She's a contortionist like Voldo wearing some BDSM wear.

Born from a human father & demon mother, where her father is a ringmaster, while her mother as a demon is a dominatrix.

She possesses a bladed bow where she'll fire with either her hands or her feet.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Saw the anime "Sakura Wars" the other day, made me think onfe again about the humans' response to the Redgrave city fiasco especially given the military did jack all against the demons. And so I could totally see governments trying to put together a squad of special humans to tackle the growing demonic threat. Why not go the full way and give them power armour too to help even the odds.

:woot:

Top Bottom