• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

New characters for DMC6

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I was thinking of Seaman from Yu Yu hakusho. He was a bullied kid who became a would-be supervillain. YYH ended with him doing a face heel turn so i was interested in exploring what his next steps were.

I'm a sucker for a redemption story arc so id explore either him falling into the life and falling out of it or just having him try to go straight and having to deal with his old life.

I have no idea what his playstyle is. Funny thing is i wanted to give Seaman a scythe based of Osiris from DmC.

His love interest is playable, she's a martial artist of some kind.

She doesn't have to be playable but thats best way to handle a love story in DMC to me.

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Do Trish & Lady remind you of Black Canary & Huntress?

Check out my idea for a Harley Quinn-based character in my last post!

I'm thinking about new characters for the next game.

Nero's side:
  • Playable:
    • Nero
    • New Human
    • Trish
    • Lady
  • Bosses:
    • New Human antagonist - male/female CEO of a corporation made to destroy demons. She sees the DMC agency as a threat as well. Like a Lex/Lena Luthor-based character.
    • Big Demons
    • New Artificial Hybrids who have forms like Credo and Agnus'. One of them can have four arms like Atlas from God of War & Goro from Mortal Kombat.
Dante & Vergil's side:
  • Playable:
    • Vergil
    • Dante
    • New Demoness (making up for Lucia)
  • Bosses:
    • Mundus
    • New Demons

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm on a Jak and Daxter kick so im gonna pitch a growly brawler with a quirky animal sidekick. Think Shinjiro from Persona 3 hanging out with Morgana from P5. They even have teamup moves together- that skill tree is called "Partners".

He could be a rival for Nero but more in a fun way. Familiarity breeds contempt after all which is what most of the humor in their relationship is built on.

No idea about his backstory but he could be an ex-order soldier. I prefer him to be a regular demon hunter dealing with an uptick of business.

Last edited:

Hungry Alien

Do Trish & Lady remind you of Black Canary & Huntress?

Check out my idea for a Harley Quinn-based character in my last post!

I'm thinking about new characters for the next game.

Nero's side:
  • Playable:
    • Nero
    • New Human
    • Trish
    • Lady
  • Bosses:
    • New Human antagonist - male/female CEO of a corporation made to destroy demons. She sees the DMC agency as a threat as well. Like a Lex/Lena Luthor-based character.
    • Big Demons
    • New Artificial Hybrids who have forms like Credo and Agnus'. One of them can have four arms like Atlas from God of War & Goro from Mortal Kombat.
Dante & Vergil's side:
  • Playable:
    • Vergil
    • Dante
    • New Demoness (making up for Lucia)
  • Bosses:
    • Mundus
    • New Demons

I agree on this, but I would not make the CEO human the final antagonist. He would be better at a antagonist for the first part of the game and enable the true main antagonist to pop because of his mistakes. Then I would have him become an ally of fortune for Nero's gang and would finally join the protagonist team as his own group. He could even become a playable character later on, being an demon/human hybrid himself. I would take inspiration from Armstrong in MGR, it would be a perfect personality for a misguided human CEO. I would also make him not a classic villain, but instead someone who already faced demons as a simple human and devoting his life into uniting mankind over his banner to counter the threat, hence why he would consider the DMC agency as a threat because he has no control over it. His ego would be his main flaw, and his will to control everything would be the trigger for the main antagonist to rise, and would cause the downfall of everything he created over the years because of an betrayal coming from his own men he thought he had control over.

For the main antagonist after that, Mundus is a good choice. He would have orchestrated the treason of the CEO's men in order to launch an massive invasion, and by doing so, he allowed Dante and Vergil to come back into the human world. Then the rest of the story would be stopping Mundus with everyone teaming up against Mundus's forces. But I would still keep another plot twist for the end in order to introduce another realm in the DMC universe with another faction teased. This faction would be at a whole new level of power, and the glimpse of it would be enough to stop the hostilities temporarily in order to find a counter before the confrontation (this would give the tone for next games).

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Hungry Alien

I've been trying to come up with a good rival for Nero. It was either a human who had a demon arm as his replacement and trying to takeover his entire being slowly or an artificial half-breed created by some corporation attempting to create their own hybrids, but one of them proved unstable like Broly.

Any ideas?

Hungry Alien

@Hungry Alien

I've been trying to come up with a good rival for Nero. It was either a human who had a demon arm as his replacement and trying to takeover his entire being slowly or an artificial half-breed created by some corporation attempting to create their own hybrids, but one of them proved unstable like Broly.

Any ideas?
I find it hard to create a rival for Nero. Nero is more of a "neutral" good guy. He is into action, but keep a cool head most of the time. It's hard to find an opposite personality which would be viable on the long run. Someone chaotic and destructive won't do because he would most likely destroy himself quickly.

For the rival relationship, both side need to be involved. But Nero never involved himself personally into something else than Kyrie, Credo and his job. So the rival will need to do something in order to involve Nero with himself on a personal note or have a link with the Order of the Sword. I also think that since Nero think with logic, having a religious rival linked to the Order of the Sword and working for it fanatically would be an interesting contrast.

With all of that said, I propose a former member of the Order of the Sword. He would know Nero even tho Nero doesn't know who he is for a simple reason : Credo and Kyrie. He would be another orphan turned into a brilliant knight by Credo, but unlike Nero who never took the order seriously, the rival would have devoted his life to the Order. Having no family at all beside the Order, he would have grown without love (unlike Nero), and became more violent and fanatic as a result. He would also have fallen for Kyrie, but due to his condition, Credo would have stopped any attempt for him to approach his sister. I would add that he had one chance, but Kyrie rejected him because she already had feeling for Nero and he ran away before she could say anything. This would be the final step to push the rival into a sinister fanaticism, training relentlessly and hunting down any target given. Seeing Nero with Kyrie would give the rival resentment for Nero and cause confusion on how Nero came to attract Kyrie's attention.
All of this dedication would have been noticed by Agnus who then asked Sanctus to assign the rival to him in order to bring him demons. During his time with Agnus, he would be the one who brought the Devil Arms used to create the false Hell Gates, showing a unparalleled genius for combat as a human. The time passed with Agnus also gave the rival important knowledge on demons, but he never took part to the Ascension ceremony because of his personal pride. Considering relying on demons power a cheap and unreliable way to gain power, he refused the offer and preferred to rely on his skill and training.
He would also firmly believe in the legend of Sparda, and would search to become a protector of mankind against demons just like Sparda was. But his loneliness and loveless life would slowly erode his feeling for others, becoming fully focused on destroying demons.
The fall of Sanctus would not affect him that much. It would mostly reinforce his believe that demonic powers bring no good. But it would show him that humans using demonic powers are a threat, and thus he would add them to his target lists, starting to search for sorcerers and "purging" them. After the dissolution of the Order, he would become a demon hunter and live from that. Also I would add that during this time, he would stumble into an unknown form of power, not from demonic source, and start using it, this power being potentially linked to a new realm introduced later.
After the event of DMC 5, demons are known from the public. The rival would keep on with his works, but more people would try to master demonic sorcery. This plus the credibility he now has and his efficiency at dealing with demonic threats would slowly attract people to the rival, causing him to form his own group of devil hunters in order to improve his quality of work. He would be able to share some of his power with his acolytes, causing them to have strange power as well.
And at last, for the confrontation with Nero, I would have the two on the same mission and meeting after defeating a big demon. The rival wouldn't recognize Nero at first, but would attack him because of him being an demon/human hybrid. After a fight, Nero, not wanting to fight an human, would push back the rival and escape, causing the rival to track him down with his group. Once at Nero's place, the rival would notice Kyrie, and then recognize Nero, causing his deep resentment to resurface.

That's it for now, I will probably add what power I would give to the rival and how he would look later, but I'm off to sleep for now.

Hungry Alien

Okay, here we go again.

For the appearance of the rival, I would give him a ravaged look to focus on his life as a human fighting demons. He would also wears many trinkets and weapons on him, going from his main weapons to grenades, throwing knifes and some more "mystic" tools he keep to counter magic and protect himself. Something like the Fanatic in Darkest Dungeon where he wears many trinkets you can find yourself in the game :

Fanatic_Stand.png

He would hide them under his jacket when not fighting. I would also make him disfigured, with bandages on his face hiding his injuries. When fighting, he would have a eerie and sinister aura around him with his bandages levitating , his face covered in an unnatural shadow and his eyes sometime flashing red when he is about to strike hard. For an image, I imagined something similar to Heinkel in Hellsing Ultimate at the end of the manga :

latest

The rival is similar in size to Nero and around the same age. For his personality, he would be very serious when working, but would have some sense of humor to compensate for the edge his appearance give him, often cracking some dark humor. He would also like to show off (who doesn't in DMC anyway), but in a more collected and cool way, like when asked to present himself by an enemy, he would answer by "I am... this type of guy" while shooting with guns hidden in his pockets (joke literally taken from One Punch Man with Zombieman).

For the fight style and weapons, the rival would use a pair of guns, grenades, traps (placed either before or during the fight) and magic via diverse magic devices. His main weapon would be a modified sword from the Order (like the Red Queen), but instead of a small and practical sword, the rival would have a huge sword imbued with magic. He would also his a strange magic which allows him to have some control over his environment His control over environment would manifest via "bubbles" with unique properties he use in coordination with his weapons. He would be able for example to throw a grenade in a bubbles which affect time to mess with the timer or use a bubble which accelerate items thrown in to boost his throwing knife. Another aspect of his power would be the ability to create little pocket dimensions. He would notably use it to avoid carrying his huge sword around, only drawing it from the pocket dimension to strike once before putting it back. Lastly, he would be able to teleport on small distance. His power can affect only weak enemies like basic demons, those with great power resist it.
His fight style would heavily rely on tricks and feint. He would often try to hide his next move, like turning his back on the opponent to hide that he is drawing his huge sword or shooting from unexpected angle. For a comparison, I would say he fight like Guts from Berserk during the Black Swordsman arc, but with more gadgets and some magic. His sword would be similar to the Dragonslayer from Guts in size, a choice he made to be able to have an efficient tool against bigger demons. The rival would always try to win as fast as possible because of his fragile body compared to his foes. His magic would also allows him to take advantage from the environment, having the ability to slow debris or accelerate the decay of buildings, then throwing them and accelerating them for a surprise attack. Inspiration taken from Castor and Pollux in God of War Ascension for this.

That's it for now, I will try to add how I would see his story with Nero and Kyrie. I made him involved with Kyrie to actually have something to do with her other than "Orihime-ing" her for Nero to rescue her.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Hungry Alien

What about a name for the guy? He can't be complete without a name. And fashion signature?

• Nero - punk
  • Dante - heavy metal
  • Vergil - gothic/Victorian/traditional

Hungry Alien

For the name, I don't have any definitive idea, but I got some names chosen because of their meaning :

- Aleksi for the black and white vision, the apparent violence hiding a deep need for attention and love and the meaning ("defense of humanity", fitting for someone aspiring to become like Sparda)
- Aleksandr for the calm and mysterious look and the meaning (it means "protect")
- Isak for the irony of the meaning (it mean "laugh")

I'm going for russian/nordic names because I feel it would emphasize on the hard exterior look of the character. Also I'm bad at finding names, so if it looks stupid, I apologize.

For his music theme, I would go for some jazz since I feel like this would fit well with the character style, killing demon in a professional, yet stylish way. Something like the Hellsing opening

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Hungry Alien

Any luck on his story? You said about his story involving Nero and Kyrie.

His fashion? And what about his DT?

Last edited:

Hungry Alien

For his story, I need a background with the main plot. The rival cannot be the main antagonist the way I presented him. He would start as a antagonist, and gradually evolve to finally ally with Nero at the end (like Jeanne from Bayonnetta). Also I am improvising this character since I started presenting him, so I don't have anything planned for him :)

For his main plot line, he would start as a enemy of Nero. He would try to kill Nero because he is a hybrid human/demon, then would meet Kyrie again and have mixed feeling with her being with Nero. He would then at first give in to his hatred for Nero and see Kyrie as another person to purge because she frequents a demon hybrid. He and Nero would fight, with Nero wanting to kill the rival for threatening Kyrie and also out of jealousy since Kyrie is taking interest in him (not love, she just see that he is in pain and wants to help him).
The fight would be stopped by Kyrie supported by Nico. She would throw herself between the fighters while Nico tries to protect her, with the rival stopping the fight, showing that he isn't sure about his next move. Kyrie would then argue about the point of this fight, that both Nero and the rival are fighting over petty rivalry and that it will bring nothing good at the end. This would unnerve the rival, who would then take his leave because he see that Kyrie is right. Nero on the other hand would order the rival to stay away from Kyrie, keeping the tension high between them.
After the fight, the rival would think about how reckless he acted with a human who has nothing to do with demons. This would cause him to start rethinking his way of seeing things. Nero on the other hand would argue with Kyrie on how reckless and inhuman the rival is and that he should put him down. Kyrie would strongly disagree and ask Nero how he can judge others so lightly. She would then make a parallel with Dante and Vergil, on how they fought without reason and what it brought them in the end. This would cause Nero to think too, but he would keep his personal reasons for wanting the rival dead, mostly because it is the first time Kyrie put so much interest in another person than him, and that disturb him.
Then the main plot would take place, with the rival showing up regularly. The matter between Nero and him would not be taken cared of until a dramatic moment where Nero would make a huge mistake because of his resentment for the rival, leading to a final showdown between the two.

The whole point of this is to give a meaning to Kyrie in the serie and have Nero showing some flaws over a personal affair. To me, Kyrie should become someone trying to see the good in peoples seemingly bad, even in demons. She would aim to become a beacon for those without hope, and would often be confronted to hard dilemma about staying true to her conviction or letting others people go. As for Nero, since it is the first time he has trouble with his relation with Kyrie, he would make mistakes, and then learn from them. The rival would mostly be the trigger for all of this to happen.

Finally, the DT of the rival. Since his power doesn't come directly from demonic source, he wouldn't have a proper DT. Instead the DT bar would be used for his own power to enhance attacks, affect the environment or blink. But to discuss of this further, I need to explain how I see the new realm and what it represent in my vision of the game. Now I will be off to work, so if you wants me to expand on this, feel free to ask.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Hungry Alien

I like how you're working on this. How do you picture his fashion sense?

I would ask myself what if this former OOTS member would be not only a hunter but also a mercenary/assassin-for-hire by some new corporation organized to hunt demons?

Him going after Nero would be his target as his jealousy with him and Kyrie together is fueled. I can imagine in the Order of a flashback, Nero & the rival were commanded by Credo doing a demonstration. But his envy towards Nero getting Kyrie's attention drove him resentful and wants Nero dead, but Credo suspends or expels him for his behavior.

What's this power the rival possesses?

Last edited:

Hungry Alien

I like your idea on how he got expelled by Credo because of his behavior. It goes well with him going unnoticed in DMC 4 and starting to work for Agnus in secret. It also give him more reason to hate Nero because of the thought of a gifted non believer knight getting the attention of the woman he love and causing the rival to be expelled from the order he considered as his only family. This could also justify why he didn't do anything to help during DMC 4, since he might have lost his faith in the OOTS over time and putted it into something else, most likely the legend of Sparda but with a twisted view of it.

For his fashion sense, I at first wanted some classic leather jacket with weapons hidden inside, but it would be a little generic in DMC since Dante, Vergil and Nero already have one. So I'm thinking about giving him a more unique look which would accentuate his more gritty nature in opposition to the classic stylish look. And to go with a nordic/russian name, I would give him a modern nordic warrior look. For a base, I would start with the Highlander from For Honor and change him to fit into DMC (yes the Highlander is Scottish, but whatever he looks cool af ) :

maxresdefault.jpg

From there, we need to make him look younger since he is around the same age as Nero. I would also make him bulkier than Nero since he use a huge sword and thus need the strength to wield it. Also the magic he use also boost his physical capacity, he is far stronger and more resilient than a normal human and can keep up with Nero when not in DT.

I would give him a small beard, again to reinforce the idea of a hardened warrior. He would also have tattoos representing runes, which could be added to his arsenal as a form of personal magic he use. For his hairs, they would either short or tied up in a nordic fashion to not disturb him during battle. I'm thinking about giving him a cape. This would normally contradict the idea of a fighter not wearing annoying cloths during fights, but with a gimmick like the cape being usable as a shield like the Cavaliere or giving some aerial advantage, this could work. He would also be able to hide his next attack with the cape. Lastly, he would wear an armor when fighting, and when not in fight would still have a jacket to hide his arsenal, removing it before battle.

For the mercenary/assassin, the rival would not be someone you can hire for anything. He would choose his jobs, judging by himself if the target deserve to die or not based on his belief. If presented with a demon to kill, he would take the job, but would ask for information if the target is human to be sure to not kill people not involved with demons. Since he has a great knowledge about demons, he is hard to deceive, and I would add that if he find out his client deceived him, he would come back to punish him, generally taking one hand from the client. This reputation would make clear not to try to mess with him about that.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Hungry Alien

And the power the rival possesses and the other realm? I like the Highlander-look. I would've expected something like Deathstroke (Arrow)/Crossbones in his outfit. Even like Megaman X's Vile.

ar223b_0125b.jpg

What'll be the perfect name for someone who's Nordic/Slavic?

I found these: https://www.babynames.net/boy/old-norse

Plus will he still be disfigured behind the mask?

Last edited:

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Are you also talking about a leather jacket like this?

118_BLK_MOD_SDE1.jpg

Dante wears leather, Nero wears a hoodie jacket & Vergil wears a Victorian gothic jacket.

Hungry Alien

For the armor, I think something similar to the Space Wolf chapter from Warhammer 40K would do well for the modern take :
4132902-wolf1.jpg

Only make the armor less bulky. it must not be too big because the rival is also counting on his speed when not using his big sword, so it must be practicable while bringing a good protection and a way to carry weapons. What I want is also an intimidating look, so when he start walking at you with his sword on his shoulder ready to strike, you know you will get smacked hard if you fail to dodge. The Space Wolf armor really shine on that.

For the disfigured face, I think the bandage should be dropped to focus more on his face if he wears tattoos. The levitating bandage when he use his power could be remplaced with runes glowing on his body. He would still have many scars on his face and a portion of his head burned, like one cheek burned. This way we keep the disfigured look without hiding his tattoos.

For the jacket, I would make him wear a big leather jacket covering most of his body for the surprise effect. He would first appear like a classic DMC character only to drop it before fighting Nero and showing his nordic style and armor. Having the rival having a walk in his big armor would look kinda stupid, so he must have something to cover it between fights.

For the name, I stumbled on Aaron and it sounds cool while having a fitting meaning (mountain of strenght). And for his power, it would be the ability to manipulate reality, but only on a small scale. This would allow the rival to alter the law of physics in order to enhance his attacks. This would be linked to the new realm with the creatures inside able to to the same, but on larger scale, going as far as be able to alter the perception of reality of others.

The rival would also use magic via his tattoos in the form of runic magic. This would allow him to generate shield to go through attacks or boost his strength momentarily.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Hungry Alien

That's a lot to put together. Kinda feels like Broly. So classic leather jacket like Dante wears... only Nero doesn't wear leather.

What is this other realm this "Aaron" came into possession to? Is it something relating to the demons or a new race... like the Cthulhu mythos?

What'll be fitting names for his weaponry? The rival's "dragon slayer" seems like a zweihander. What kind of firearms does he possess if he's countering Nero's Blue Rose?

Plus if he's playstyle, if Nero's is the Devil Breakers & Bringer, how do the tattoos & armor relate to his playstyle?

I can imagine in their rivalry fights, their conversations can be something like this:

Hungry Alien

The leather jacket would be a decoy to hide his true style. I feel like it would have a better impact if the viking style would be showed just before the first fight. He would wear it just to not freak everyone out by walking in a big viking armor all the time, like Sundowner in Metal Gear Rising where he also wears a big jacket when not fighting.

For the weaponry, he indeed use a zweihander. It is a custom sword like the Red Queen, but I want Aaron (gonna go for this name for now) to oppose Nero via more traditional magic with rune over the high tech weapon Nero use. The sword will have rune on it which greatly enhance this power and allow Aaron to use magic with it. The runic magic would be characterized by his elemental properties. Each runes will correspond to one element (fire, ice and lightning), and with his control over reality, Aaron can exploit this to maximum effect.
The runes on Aaron's body can shield him, and he can focus this effect on one part of his body, like in his hand in order to parry an incoming attack bare handed and destabilize his opponent.
And as for the gun, it will bear runes too, and thus be able to shoot elemental bolt. The gun would have two fire mode : quick volley of bullet and single heavy bullet. It isn't that opposed to the Blue Rose, but I can't think of something opposed to the Blue Rose since the gun is kinda basic despite the double canon.
Aaron also wears an easy to draw weapon on his belt like a short sword or a pair of dagger for when he can't use his zweihander. I'm thinking about how to make this weapon stand out, but no idea for now.

For is playstyle, he would use many weapons like Dante with an emphasize on nordic style. His particularity would be that you can change the rune with the directional cross (like Dante's style), and each rune add a special effect to each attack. He would only have his gun as a ranged weapon with both fire mod, and the throwing knifes would be implemented to light weapons which allow the use of them (like the short sword).
He would not be an agile character. Instead he would have more blocking and parrying option. Those options would vary whether he use a light weapon or a heavy weapon. For instance, if he use his short sword, he will use his bare hand plus the rune to block attacks, and when he use the zweihander, he use the sword to block and throw off his opponent because of the size and weight of the weapon. the light weapons would allow for more agility, but less effective parries, and the big weapon would give less movement option, but better parries with smaller enemies being thrown off and the ability to stop big enemy like Behemoth or Empusa Queen.
And for his DT, it would enable to boost attacks and give new properties to certains moves (like bullet being able to strike multiple enemies at once or bouncing off the environment to come back to the initial target). It would also have an effect on the chosen element by manipulating reality to enhance the attack. Finally, it would allow Aaron to teleport on small distance, giving him mobility at the cost of DT.
I'm also thinking about elemental attacks leaving a trail of the chosen element on the ground for a potential synergy with the next move, but this would need more thoughts to work.

I will expand on the new realm later, for now I will be off to sleep. But the inspiration behind this new area is taken from H.P. Lovecraft with cosmic horrors lurking inside the realm and able to influence reality on a far larger scale than what Aaron can do.

Top Bottom