• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero, Virgil and Sparda [DISCUSSION]

Keaton

Premium
New DMC Player;103951 said:
Correct me if Im wrong but what I thought Dante said to Nero was:
"We're the same you and...*grunts as he pulls Rebellion out of his chest*... and them, but I suspect youre carrying something different."

Dante never came out and said "I". I dont know if that is revelant but it always stood out for me he never said "I".

True, he does pause but if you listen carefully its a pained 'I' so its like "We're the same you and...aiiii..."

Its hard to hear but it is there also with the I the sentence doesnt make sense so it is safe to assume reguardless of the interpretation of grunts :D

New DMC Player

Keaton;103954 said:
True, he does pause but if you listen carefully its a pained 'I' so its like "We're the same you and...aiiii..."

Its hard to hear but it is there also with the I the sentence doesnt make sense so it is safe to assume reguardless of the interpretation of grunts :D

I can accept that but was the "I" in the subtitles?

Zato-OW

King
Sparda is not coming back. Hes like the Big Boss of DMC except this time hes really dead. If hes in the Demon world he for sure is dead because they all hate him that much and hes not strong enough to take on million or even billions of demons that can match his power as in the 4 kings. He can't be in the human world because he would've shown up by now. Think about it. He let his son die and get minds swept by Mundus and just sat back and did nothing? Let his wife die and just ran away? If Vergil wasn't under Mundus control and not a servant he would've been killed as well in the demonic world. Also about Nero, if a voice is echoing in his head then don't you think its just him talking to his self in 3rd person or w/e. I remember when Vergil DT in the manga something was calling to him then he realised his town was being attacked by demons(mother was killed).

Keaton

Premium
^or they are waiting for reasons that we are unaware of...who knows, perhaps Sparda knows not to interfere for some reason...after all...if Sparda came in a killed Sanctus properly, or saved the day when Fortuna was attacked...we would'nt have Nero.

There is probably a higher cause here.

Zato-OW

King
I'm not talking about Sanctus I'm talking about Mundus. He did all that work to stop him so why wouldn't he return to help Dante put him back in his place.

Keaton

Premium
I know who you meant, I was using Sanctus as another example.
For some reason he isn't around, Capcom wouldn't kill the most eagerly awaited character in the series...they would lose to much moneys :D

Sparda™

Sparda isn't dead. He's probably in a realm of the Underworld. It is true that he's hated by all the demon kind, but who knows. We can't speak for sure that he's dead. With each Devil May Cry game, I strongly believe he's more alive than dead to me.

Zato-OW

King
Those are references to Sparda not hints. Sparda is a dead legend and should stay that way. Capcom has said it their self that they want to keep him mysterious this is why i think they will never create a spin off game on him.

Zato-OW

King
A poem from the DMC4 art book.

"A shadow knight rose up, holding an enchanted sword named after me. That blade will challenge the devil's reign. Destroying the minions of darkness that stand in his path, the knight finally faced the strongest demon. But his strength was no match for the devils dark wrath. He was defeated and fell into oblivion. The people offered up their prayers, believing in the day when the darkness would pass, and sang songs of remembrance to the fallen knight. These prayers became our strength, our miracle, and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn, and once again faught the devils power. As the shadow knight said, the darkness has cleared."

This also proves that he was killed in battle. The Knight that was reborn is Dante or Nero I'm not sure. The story is being told by the SPARDA sword.

Evil Nero

Zato-OW;104055 said:
Those are references to Sparda not hints. Sparda is a dead legend and should stay that way. Capcom has said it their self that they want to keep him mysterious this is why i think they will never create a spin off game on him.

http://www.deceiverdeceived.com/#/highlights/
8th question from the bottom.
There's Capcom's view on a Sparda game.
Where'd you get that info from anyway?

Sparda™

Zato-OW;104060 said:
A poem from the DMC4 art book.

"A shadow knight rose up, holding an enchanted sword named after me. That blade will challenge the devil's reign. Destroying the minions of darkness that stand in his path, the knight finally faced the strongest demon. But his strength was no match for the devils dark wrath. He was defeated and fell into oblivion. The people offered up their prayers, believing in the day when the darkness would pass, and sang songs of remembrance to the fallen knight. These prayers became our strength, our miracle, and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn, and once again faught the devils power. As the shadow knight said, the darkness has cleared."

This also proves that he was killed in battle. The Knight that was reborn is Dante or Nero I'm not sure. The story is being told by the SPARDA sword.

It's just a mere story-telling.

Zato-OW

King
How is this story telling when its told by the Sword he was carrying? It was meant to mean something and it does by truth. I know we all wish DMC was exactly how we wanted it to be but its not and will never be. All legends of Sparda that was told are yet to be all true so far so him being dead is fact. The poem was made to Honor both Sparda and Dante and the ppl who fought with him.

Evil Nero

Zato-OW;104070 said:
How is this story telling when its told by the Sword he was carrying? It was meant to mean something and it does by truth. I know we all wish DMC was exactly how we wanted it to be but its not and will never be. All legends of Sparda that was told are yet to be all true so far so him being dead is fact. The poem was made to Honor both Sparda and Dante and the ppl who fight with him.

Sparda's sword holds the demonic power of him but i dont think they can talk and tell tales.

If you can , can you post a link of the image as intill we see that there's proof that the sword is actually telling the story , I won't belive it.

Top Bottom