• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is dante's son??!!??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I believe the game's director said DMC4 takes place ''roughly ten years after DMC3.'' Since Dante is 19 in DMC3, that makes him about thirty in DMC4. And to be honest, he looks like he's thirty, not forty or something.

And this is where we have a difference of opinion. He doesn't look thirty to me; he looks a bit older. Another issue is Capcom is very inconsistent in their answers to begin with. But, I'll get back to you on this a bit later, such as in the last quote. :)

Nero seems to be aided by Vergil when he goes into Devil Trigger. This seems obvious when you play as Nero in DT, since he says some of Vergil's lines: 'blast', 'begone', and 'jackpot'. That last word is one Nero could never have known to be significant. Only Dante and Vergil said 'jackpot', and it should only hold meaning to them.

Actually, he says begone regardless of whether he's in DT or not. However, you've made a good point; he couldn't have known the significance of "jackpot", but it's also possible him saying it is coincidental. I'm not saying you're wrong; I'm just open to numerous possibilities.

Nero's DT awakened when he got hurt by the demons who were 'made out of parts of Nero Angelo' (the Bianco Angelos). So he probably went into DT either because he got mortally wounded, or because he got hurt by something that came from his own bloodline (Nero Angelo/Vergil)

I'd heard rumours that the Angelos were made from Vergil's essence, but it wasn't something they confirmed in gameplay. I assume this was mentioned elsewhere? Can anyone provide reliable sources in regards to this?
Anyway, I have a feeling if Yamato hadn't been present, Nero would have died from Agnus impaling him with the Gladius. I think Yamato is why he survived, but this is merely conjecture on my part.

It's important to note that Dante got his DT when he was hurt by his own sword, which was left to him by Sparda. Maybe the same thing happened here, with something containing parts of Sparda's bloodline (Nero Angelo) wounding Nero and making him go into DT. Then the Yamato responded to Nero because... well, either because he's a demon or because he has the blood of Sparda's family line.

I'm of the mind Yamato wouldn't have reacted to just any demon; I think it is because he contains Sparda's blood, through whatever means. The reason I believe this is because it took Rebellion being stabbed into Dante for his devil to awaken; being stabbed with Yamato beforehand didn't do the trick. So, this further leads me to believe that Yamato is meant to be Nero's because it's original master is no longer present-whether that means Vergil having been its last owner, or Sparda, doesn't matter.

No offense, but there is no way he would not have noticed Dante or Vergil being still alive. Dante pretty much leaves a trail wherever he goes, and as far as I know, he's very well-known. Just the fact that he has an agency should tip Sparda off. Or Vergil resurrecting the Temen-Ni-Gru in DMC3.
True; this theory is very loose on my part, and would only involve him having very outdated information on the fact. If he did come back and sire Nero, why would he ignore his living son(s)? I can't see that happening, either.

Since Nero wears blue and red and wields the Red Queen and Blue Rose (Sparda hints) while his Devil Trigger is blue and looks a lot like Vergil's DT, I'd say his Devil Trigger is influenced by the Yamato (or Vergil, if part of Vergil's soul is inside the Yamato, which seems to be the case). His arm doesn't make sense to me, though. It seems to be part of him, like a partial Devil Trigger.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who took notice of both his attire and his weaponry at hints toward Sparda. Since those are Dante and Vergil's colours which when merged obviously make purple (Sparda's colour), it makes a lot of sense. The arm may have been a sort of "coming of age thing". Not sure, though. The injury he sustained before DMC4's events may have caused it to reveal itself.

I heard that that novel is basically canon, since it was written by the same person who wrote DMC4. But then, that would make Nero Vergil's son, which doesn't make much sense if you consider their age. Nero is 19, Vergil would be about thirty. So... Vergil conceived Nero when he was 11... yeeeah. It also would make it odd that official artwork of Nero shows him sporting a full DT body. If he's only a quarter demon, shouldn't he have a mostly human body? I know he does, but the arm doesn't make sense. And just the fact that his artwork shows him as a full demon is very odd.

There's still a lot of controversy about the ages and how much of the novels can be considered canon. Thanks for nothing, Capcom... -_-

I still think it would be the most logical if he turned out to be an experiment, made by combining Dante and Vergil's genes. That would explain why he's blue and red, why Berial says he's ''just like he was'' (Sparda), and it would make sense for the game's plot. I mean, Nero is in THE place where Sparda is worshiped. If he's only Vergil's son, wouldn't that make it weird? All this Sparda symbolism, even a fight with THE SAVIOR (Sparda), and yet, Nero is just Vergil's son? Not really appropriate.

Strangely enough, that is similar to some of my own theories: either Vergil or Dante's blood, or even Sparda's blood directly, being used to artificially inseminate a human or hybrid woman, perhaps. Or a pregnant human/hybrid woman being injected with Sparda's blood...or even an infant Nero being injected with it. Either way, the possibilities in regards to experimentation are nearly limitless. There are so many variations, and I have to agree with you, it would make a lot more sense.

But, this is Capcom we're talking about; they are masters at plot holes and flaws in their own storylines. :/

Otherwise, I think most of what you say is sound. :)

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Being sealed doesnt mean "dead" so maybe he had another child somehow while still being "sealed" or he couldve idk divided himself somehow sending a part of himself to fortuna his "home" im not sure how that works or how the part of him was a child but meh its a theory

It just gets more and more confusing each time :p
I think DMC1 said that Sparda died, though. So if he did, that ends that. But I don't think Sparda was killed - he probably died from his powers being sealed with the rest of the demons. No demonic power, no human body for him. After all, his human form was basically a disguise, since he's a full demon. So... he stopped living when he sealed everything up (I think).

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It just gets more and more confusing each time :p
I think DMC1 said that Sparda died, though. So if he did, that ends that. But I don't think Sparda was killed - he probably died from his powers being sealed with the rest of the demons. No demonic power, no human body for him. After all, his human form was basically a disguise, since he's a full demon. So... he stopped living when he sealed everything up (I think).

Make sense and arkham said he sacrificed himself and a human preistess to seal the tower and the demons away :(

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'd heard rumours that the Angelos were made from Vergil's essence, but it wasn't something they confirmed in gameplay. I assume this was mentioned elsewhere? Can anyone provide reliable sources in regards to this?
Anyway, I have a feeling if Yamato hadn't been present, Nero would have died from Agnus impaling him with the Gladius. I think Yamato is why he survived, but this is merely conjecture on my part.

Actually, the files in the game on the Bianco Angelos say ''made out of fragments of Nero Angelo''.

I'm of the mind Yamato wouldn't have reacted to just any demon; I think it is because he contains Sparda's blood, through whatever means. The reason I believe this is because it took Rebellion being stabbed into Dante for his devil to awaken; being stabbed with Yamato beforehand didn't do the trick. So, this further leads me to believe that Yamato is meant to be Nero's because it's original master is no longer present-whether that means Vergil having been its last owner, or Sparda, doesn't matter.

If Dante were in trouble, he'd probably be able to resurrect the Yamato too. I think it simply has to do with the Sparda bloodline. Now that you say that, it makes me think Nero is somehow Sparda o_O

I'm glad ... more sense.
But, this is Capcom we're talking about; they are masters at plot holes and flaws in their own storylines. :/
Otherwise, I think most of what you say is sound. :)

Thanks! Yeah, I think Capcom really doesn't know what it's doing, though. If they knew who Nero was, they would probably have told us. Instead, all they've said is: ''isn't it obvious from playing the game?'' or something. See, that's the problem, Capcom. Your game is confusing and misleading as hell! XD

Make sense and arkham said he sacrificed himself and a human preistess to seal the tower and the demons away :(

Did he really say that? I don't remember that. I do know that Sparda had to sacrifice a human priestess, who was confirmed to be Lady's ancestor - after all, why would he need Lady's blood otherwise? Arkham literally said it.

But I haven't heard about Sparda sacrificing himself then and there. Only that both their blood was used (Sparda's and that of the priestess). Wasn't that 2000 years ago, by the way? Since Sparda was still alive in the 1970s or so, he must not have sacrificed himself.

@ Rebel Dynasty: something went wrong with my quote of your comment, but I fixed it now - it's above my last post.

EDIT: yeah, Dante got stabbed by the Yamato first, that's what you meant. Sorry. Good point. Now that you say that (that Nero was probably meant as the Yamato's wielder), that makes me think Nero is in fact some form of Sparda o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Did he really say that? I don't remember that. I do know that Sparda had to sacrifice a human priestess, who was confirmed to be Lady's ancestor - after all, why would he need Lady's blood otherwise? Arkham literally said it.

But I haven't heard about Sparda sacrificing himself then and there. Only that both their blood was used (Sparda's and that of the priestess). Wasn't that 2000 years ago, by the way? Since Sparda was still alive in the 1970s or so, he must not have sacrificed himself.

Look at dmc3 and look into it for me would you?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Actually, the files in the game on the Bianco Angelos say ''made out of fragments of Nero Angelo''.

*Boots up game and checks* Well, how about that. ^^; I'd forgotten, my bad.

Wait, I don't think he got stabbed by the Yamato before he got stabbed by the Bianco Angelos. The Yamato is still in the stasis field when he awakens his DT. Aside from that, if Dante were in trouble, he'd probably be able to resurrect the Yamato too. I think it simply has to do with the Sparda bloodline.

I meant Dante after his first fight with Vergil in DMC3, Not Nero. Sorry, I should have clarified that better. When Dante got stabbed with Yamato, his devil didn't awaken; it took Rebellion being stabbed into him for that to occur; I saying that somewhat suggests to me that Nero is meant to have Yamato because of its link to Vergil, but again, it also could be due to its link to Sparda as well, since as we both know it was his sword, first. Basically, I don't think Yamato would have aided in awakening his devil if he lacked Sparda's blood.

Thanks! Yeah, I think Capcom really doesn't know what it's doing, though. If they knew who Nero was, they would probably have told us. Instead, all they've said is: ''isn't it obvious from playing the game?'' or something. See, that's the problem, Capcom. Your game is confusing and misleading as hell! XD

No problem, and right there with you. And since people are still speculating, Capcom has been even more tight-lipped about it. I swear, they're sadistic; they love having people debate this stuff, night and day. :p I just enjoy the speculation. It's interesting to see what other theories people have come up with, and to see which ones reflect some of my own.

Also, has anyone made heads or tales of that freaking poem, yet? One line points to one character, another line points to another, and so on. Damn them for being enigmatic. >.<

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Look at dmc3 and look into it for me would you?

''He sacrificed two things to suppress the tremendous force of this tower: his own devil's blood, and a mortal priestess.'' (DMC3 cutscene with Arkham/Jester).

So he didn't sacrifice himself, just his blood. Yeah, that makes sense, since he's still around in the 1970s or so.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
''He sacrificed two things to suppress the tremendous force of this tower: his own devil's blood, and a mortal priestess.'' (DMC3 cutscene with Arkham/Jester).

So he didn't sacrifice himself, just his blood. Yeah, that makes sense, since he's still around in the 1970s or so.

apparently so yah thanks for the quick response lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
*Boots up game and checks* Well, how about that. ^^; I'd forgotten, my bad.

I meant Dante after his first fight with Vergil in DMC3, Not Nero. Sorry, I should have clarified that better. When Dante got stabbed with Yamato, his devil didn't awaken; it took Rebellion being stabbed into him for that to occur; I saying that somewhat suggests to me that Nero is meant to have Yamato because of its link to Vergil, but again, it also could be due to its link to Sparda as well, since as we both know it was his sword, first. Basically, I don't think Yamato would have aided in awakening his devil if he lacked Sparda's blood.

No problem, and right there with you. And since people are still speculating, Capcom has been even more tight-lipped about it. I swear, they're sadistic; they love having people debate this stuff, night and day. :p I just enjoy the speculation. It's interesting to see what other theories people have come up with, and to see which ones reflect some of my own.

Also, has anyone made heads or tales of that freaking poem, yet? One line points to one character, another line points to another, and so on. Damn them for being enigmatic. >.<

poem?

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Can you post the poem on here please?

Yup, here it is word-for-word:

A shadow knight rose up,
holding an enchanted sword named after me.
That blade will challenge the devil's reign.

Destroying the minions of darkness
that stand in his path,
the knight finally faced the strongest demon.
But his strength was no match
for the devil's dark wrath.
He was defeated and fell into oblivion.

The people offered up their prayers,
believing in the day when the darkness would pass,
and sang songs of remembrance to the fallen knight.

These prayers became our strength, our miracle,
and by this miracle the shadow knight was reborn,
and once again fought the devil's power.

As the shadow knight said,
the darkness has cleared.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
This could be Sparda or mostly Vergil. Nero is a heir of Sparda, the new Capcom 30th anniversary says that.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
In the game's booklet; it should be on the very last page.

You mean this:

"A shadow knight rose up,
etc etc''

Yeah, kind of weird. The shadow knight would be Sparda, but what sword are they talking about? The Yamato? Or the Alastor, maybe? But I don't think Sparda used the Alastor. He did use the Force Edge (AKA Sparda).
...A sword named after the narrator... the Sparda? But then Sparda would be talking about himself, calling himself 'a shadow knight who used a sword named after himself'. This is really weird.

I do think Sparda was defeated once. So... he was reborn through prayer? I don't get it... I'd say it's the story of Sparda, but it may have been badly translated from Japanese.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
this poem needs to be researched imediately to determine what it really means

I think people have been trying to figure it out for quite awhile. I just haven't seen any solid answers on it, yet. ^^;

Lionheart: That could be the case, too. There may have been an error in translating it, thus the confusion. Because depending on what part of the poem you read, it can either point to Sparda, Dante, or Vergil, and imply something about Nero. It's chaotic. XD I'm glad I'm not the only one still stumped; I was beginning to question my intelligence.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I think people have been trying to figure it out for quite awhile. I just haven't seen any solid answers on it, yet. ^^;

Lionheart: That could be the case, too. There may have been an error in translating it, thus the confusion. Because depending on what part of the poem you read, it can either point to Sparda, Dante, or Vergil, and imply something about Nero. It's chaotic. XD I'm glad I'm not the only one still stumped; I was beginning to question my intelligence.

The poem speaks of sparda fighting a great darkness and losing and then being "REBORN" now that word alone is going to cause more problems because it can be taken so many ways

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I just looked on the internet, and it seems like there's a LOT of speculation about it. Some people even think it's an allusion to what will happen in DMC5. That the poem hasn't happened yet.

What's even weirder is that the poem goes from ''a sword named after me'' to ''these prayers became our strength''. So the poem is first told by Sparda, then the villagers are the ones telling the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom