• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is dante's son??!!??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I just looked on the internet, and it seems like there's a LOT of speculation about it. Some people even think it's an allusion to what will happen in DMC5. That the poem hasn't happened yet.

What's even weirder is that the poem goes from ''a sword named after me'' to ''these prayers became our strength''. So the poem is first told by Sparda, then the villagers are the ones telling the story?

I came across some of those theories, too. And if the poem is intended to be broken up, switching the point of view from Sparda to the people, then maybe it will be easier to analyze.

But then again, that might be an error on their part, as well. I wonder if they will ever make a DMC5? I've heard rumours, but beyond that, no concrete evidence.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I came across some of those theories, too. And if the poem is intended to be broken up, switching the point of view from Sparda to the people, then maybe it will be easier to analyze.

But then again, that might be an error on their part, as well. I wonder if they will ever make a DMC5? I've heard rumours, but beyond that, no concrete evidence.

I'm guessing the poem was meant to be broken up, since it has so many mistakes. It even says ''that blade will challenge the devil's reign''. Wait, so it hasn't yet? o_O

Some people even think the poem talks about Dante, Vergil and Nero simultaneously. Nero would be the one who banished the darkness in the end.

Others believe it's simply the story of Sparda, only Sparda probably wielded a sword named after a demon (''named after me''). So... Sparda wielded the Yamato, and it was named after a demon called Yamato? It could be possible.
The blade in the poem named after him did indeed challenge the devil's rule (sort of). Nero defeated 'the devil' with the Yamato. So if the Yamato is named after a demon, that would make sense.
But that's a REALLY long shot.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I'm guessing the poem was meant to be broken up, since it has so many mistakes. It even says ''that blade will challenge the devil's reign''. Wait, so it hasn't yet? o_O

Some people even think the poem talks about Dante, Vergil and Nero simultaneously. Nero would be the one who banished the darkness in the end.

Others believe it's simply the story of Sparda, only Sparda probably wielded a sword named after a demon (''named after me''). So... Sparda wielded the Yamato, and it was named after a demon called Yamato? It could be possible.
The blade in the poem named after him did indeed challenge the devil's rule (sort of). Nero defeated 'the devil' with the Yamato. So if the Yamato is named after a demon, that would make sense.
But that's a REALLY long shot.

when the other members get ahold of this poem all hell will break loose again lol

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Furthermore, I really doubt there was a demon called Yamato. Nero did not really fight the strongest demon or the devil, he just fought Sanctus. So... maybe it's a mash-up of all kinds of poems, and maybe we're not supposed to know its meaning. Maybe it has no meaning. Maybe it's a combination of the Order of the Sword's stories.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Furthermore, I really doubt there was a demon called Yamato. Nero did not really fight the strongest demon or the devil, he just fought Sanctus. So... maybe it's a mash-up of all kinds of poems, and maybe we're not supposed to know its meaning. Maybe it has no meaning. Maybe it's a combination of the Order of the Sword's stories.

it has to have a meaning hence why write it lol>?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Maybe Capcom just likes messing with us, or maybe they want to illustrate how vague and contradictory religions can be. I know Dante sort of dislikes religion, so it may be that some members of Capcom do too.

I feel like it speaks to another dmc game and the reborn thing is just dangerous because of what it means to be "reborn" theres just sooooo many possiblities to what this means

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It's a very common belief that Nero is Vergil's son. I personally have accepted it as fact.

And yet you will find many who believe it impossible, due to a whole plethora of reasons, some of which don't hold much water to begin with (especially since we're talking about Capcom's usual inconsistencies, here).

The silliest argument I know of in regards to people not believing Nero to be Vergil's son is based on Vergil's personality. Because as we all know, you have to want to have children in order for it to actually happen. :p *End sarcasm* There are plenty of shabby parents in the real world that would support the theory of him being Vergil's son-intentionally or otherwise.

Still, there are sound arguments against him being Vergil's son as well, though a lot of them circulate around the lack of information Capcom has gifted us with.

I lean more toward him being Vergil's son too, but I haven't ruled out other possibilities, as well. Like I said...Capcom and their plot holes. *Sigh*

Nuh one word posts, dood >3<;

Anyways, I dun't believe him to be a son of Sparda either. While Sanctus says he has the blood of Sparda and Dante says they're alike, I wouldn't go ahead and jump to the conclusion that Nero and Dante are related. Until Capcom flat out says somethin', I considered this theory and related ones mostly null. After all, his Sparda blood might actually be referring to the Devil Bringer that Nero has. While people can say that Nero is related to Sparda because he shares blood, it's most likely because of the Devil Bringer and because it reacted to the Yamato, a Devil Arm that Sparda himself once used before giving it to Vergil. However, to negate the theory altogether, Nero was not born with the Devil Bringer in the first place.

On a side note, it's often speculated that the Angelo devils were created from remnants of Vergil in his Nelo Angelo form, thus it would confirm that Vergil himself is dead. However, if Vergil did not perish, then the remnants used for said soldiers may instead be referring to The Fallen devils seen in Devil May Cry 3, who were said to be angels who fell from grace and they even possess similar abilities such as being able to guard with their wings and possessing lance-like weapons. That's just my two cents on the whole thing though. Though it's most safe to say that Vergil died in DMC as his 'vanishing act' was more of an explosion of death so that the theory of his armor being used for the Angelos can be supported.
Remember in the Holiness fight as Nero, when he says the blood of Sparda flows in him? Not to mention that Vergil is clearly his Devil Trigger, and his Devil Bringer reacted with Yamato.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
="Caiden, post: 531458, member: 18111"]It was but the problem is that it was an early concept book. Many of DMC4's early concepts were scrapped and so we can really tell if they meant to keep that plot point or also scrapped it.[/quote]

Ah ok cool fair enough :D

Picard

Starfleet Demon
It was but the problem is that it was an early concept book. Many of DMC4's early concepts were scrapped and so we can really tell if they meant to keep that plot point or also scrapped it.

That is why DMC 5 is necessary. And yes, Nero is meant to have some relation to Sparda but I'm not sure they had time to work it out, it is as if developers didn't decide on who Nero was aside from some rough "related with Sparda" idea and so only decided to drop hints.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Nero is Vergil's son simply because Capcom, owner of the franchise, said so.. It was confirmed in Captivate2009, in DMC4 novel( officially endorsed by Capcom) and later in the new artbook, under Nero's bio.
Now in real life:
It's quite common that boys(girls too) have their first sexual experience with older people, mainly prostitutes ( or even their own relatives).Yes, it's paedophilia, but let's being sincere , paedophilia is the most common sexual fetish human beings have.
Yes, it's morally wrong , but its seems to me Capcom ( and a great number of people in the world around) is less than concerned .This franchise is not alienated of having strange stuff in its stories, alias DMC is worldwide known exactly because of that.
It's kind of sad they couldn't let Vergil go "untouched", but whatever, Capcom owns it and to have a child you just need to have sex.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Nero is Vergil's son simply because Capcom, owner of the franchise, said so.. It was confirmed in Captivate2009, in DMC4 novel( officially endorsed by Capcom) and later in the new artbook, under Nero's bio.

If so then they apparently decided on it after game was finished. Or they just enjoy trolling people.

Now, problem with that is Vergil's personality, but I don't think that him having a one-night affair is unthinkable.

Caiden

Johnny yong Bosch and Reuben Langdon said at a panel that Capcom thought Nero's origins were fairly obvious. When it became apparent that they weren't Capcom just decided to keep it a secret. So they have a plan as to where Nero came from but who knows if they will ever decide to make another DMC game.

Last edited:

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Johnny yong Bosch and Reuben Langdon said at a panel that Capcom thought Nero's origins were fairly obvious.

Maybe they were referring to his hair? 'Cause it is the only thing that's obvious...

EDIT: I mean, they are somewhat correct. Nero's origins are fairly obvious in that it's obvious that he's part demon and it's obvious that he has some connection to Sparda family (white hair, attitude). But unfortunately these are only things that are obvious, he could be Vergil's son, or Dante's son (and frankly I see Dante as being more of the sex-for-fun type, though it is not impossible for Vergil to do it too), or son of someone related to them...

Caiden

I mean there are defiantly hints threw out game that would allow us to create a few theories as many people have already done but there is nothing solid. I think Capcom put down the foundation for Nero but they didn't go far enough. I can understand if they wanted to leave him vague so that players would have to think about his origins in order to understand them but we need just a little more in order to create a solid theory for him. As it is in DMC4 we can't make a safe assumption.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Theoritizing is always possible (and quite fun), but I'd like something more solid. That will need to wait DMC 5, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom