• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Nero is dante's son??!!??!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Although I would like that Nero was Vergil's son, we all know that Capcom isn't going to answer our questions, so why bother? xD

Lol! Boredom, obsession, and/or optimism? Take your pick. ;)

I just enjoy speculating but alas, you're right; we'll never likely know for certain, since they like to renege on the canonical stature of certain info fairly often. ^^;

raxii

Lol! Boredom, obsession, and/or optimism? Take your pick. ;)
I just enjoy speculating but alas, you're right; we'll never likely know for certain, since they like to renege on the canonical stature of certain info fairly often. ^^;

Hahahaha. Yeah well...speculating is fun, but it kinda upsets me that we will never know the truth...unless we call Phoenix Wright to fish out information of them xD

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
My theory for Dante's age is something like this, but again, it's only a theory.

DMC3-18-20
DMC1-25-28
Anime- a year or two older than he was in DMC1, though mostly I figure between 26-28
DMC4-mid 30's
DMC2-early to mid 40's

All of this being said (I've gone over my own theories a lot on this) I'm open to pretty much any theory. My only certainty is that Nero is of the Sparda bloodline, one way or another.

I just wanted to respond to this, as I'm certain I have the correct ages.

DMC1: Dante is 28. At the beginning of the game, Trish literally says Dante ''lost a mother and brother to evil twenty years ago.'' Since Dante was eight when Eva was killed, that makes him 28.

DMC2: Dante's age is unknown. All that is known is that DMC2 is set after the events of DMC4. However, Capcom also doesn't like to admit that DMC2 is a DMC game at all, so I think they don't care about the DMC2 timeline.

DMC3: Dante is 19. This is known: as far as I know, the developer specifically said he was 19.

DMC4: Dante is about 30. Capcom officially stated that in DMC4, Dante is 'around ten years older than in DMC3'. So with a margin of error, that would make him 28 to 33. If he were 34 or older, that would make him ''about fifteen years older than in DMC3'', but they specifically said ten, so that's 33 at the most. This makes sense to me, because Dante always looked like he was 30 to me.

Nero being Vergil's son always seemed idiotic to me, because that would mean Vergil got Nero when he was like 11 (DMC4: Vergil would be 30, Nero is 19. 30 - 19 = 11). Let's say he were 33 (highest estimate) - that would still mean he had Nero when he was 14. Not very likely, especially when you consider Vergil wanted nothing to do with humans. Even more so since he was always looking for 'power'. If he had Nero, that means he knew he would have a 'weakling' as a son. He'd never want that. If anything, Vergil would have a kid with a demon. Well, if there are any attractive female demons, that is.

Last edited:

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I just wanted to respond to this, as I'm certain I have the correct ages.

DMC1: Dante is 28. At the beginning of the game, Trish literally says Dante ''lost a mother and brother to evil twenty years ago.'' Since Dante was eight when Eva was killed, that makes him 28.

Ack! I knew that, but for some reason, I always forget the quote. >.< Okay, so definitely 28 at that time.

DMC2: Dante's age is unknown. All that is known is that DMC2 is set after the events of DMC4. However, Capcom also doesn't like to admit that DMC2 is a DMC game at all, so I think they don't care about the DMC2 timeline.

Pretty much what Reuben Langdon told fans, when they asked him about it; he said Hideaki Itsuno would rather pretend it didn't happen. I'm paraphrasing, but that was the gist of it.

DMC4: Dante is about 30. Capcom officially stated that in DMC4, Dante is 'around ten years older than in DMC3'. So with a margin of error, that would make him 27 to 33. If he were 34 or older, that would make him ''about fifteen years older than in DMC3, but they specifically said ten, so that's 33 at the most. This makes sense to me, because Dante always looked like he was 30 to me.

Capcom is notorious for changing their minds, so I can never tell whether to listen to them on this, or not. I figure he looks mid-thirties...but if he's only thirty, so be it...

As to whether Vergil is Nero's father, I still buy it. Not at the age of 11, of course, but I'd buy him getting someone pregnant in his mid-teens. I'm honestly of the mind that Capcom is so blatantly inconsistent, what they tell us about the timelines may as well be taken with a grain of salt.

You're entitled to your opinion of course, so I won't argue whether Vergil is Nero's father or not. I'm just saying I'd be okay if he was. :)

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
You're entitled to your opinion of course, so I won't argue whether Vergil is Nero's father or not. I'm just saying I'd be okay if he was. :)

Yeah, it's just that (another user pointed this out a long time ago) there are many subtle references to Nero being connected to Sparda somehow - possibly even more so than Dante.

For example, Nero wears red and blue clothing, which is Dante and Vergil's colors combined. Sparda wore purple, which is relevant because Dante and Vergil were derived from that (red and blue).

Aside from that, Berial stated that Nero is ''just like he was'', by which he meant Sparda. Nero even has weapons that are red and blue: the Red Queen and the Blue Rose. This is all symbolic, meaning Nero somehow functions as a kind of new-age Sparda. Considering the fact that Nero's Devil Trigger (or DB arm) is also red and blue, we can deduce that red and blue are his natural demonic colors. If he were Vergil's son, wouldn't it make more sense for him to be just dark blue, or maybe light blue? Red and blue cannot stem from the color blue.

Also, in one cutscene, Nero gets a purple glow (very briefly) when he holds the Yamato. As far as I know, Vergil never even got that color. It would not make sense if he were Vergil's son, but then, this is Capcom we're talking about.

Last edited:

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
It's too vague either way. But the hints point more to Vergil than Dante. But even then there is ambiguity. Most of the comments about Nero from other characters reference Sparda, or just a general family connection.
It would have helped if Capcom had actually elaborated on Nero's origins and backstory during the game instead of using Japan exclusive novels and guide books.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'd believe that Nero is a reincarnation of Sparda, since it doesn't make any sense that Vergil would do the horizontal polka with anyone but his sword.
So true, and yet Capcom want to completely disregard Vergil's personality and beliefs and say he had relations with a woman. :facepalm: It's just not in his character to do that.

It would make more sense that Nero was a reincarnation of Sparda considering comments from Berial to Nero about being 'just like he was'. Sure, it could mean Vergil or Dante, but I'd prefer it if it was a reference to Sparda considering he was the one who sealed Berial away the first time.

If Capcom really want Nero to be Vergil's son, then they could have made Nero an experiment resulting from using Vergil's DNA. Having Nero as his actual son disregards Vergil's personality and the timeline, which would make Vergil a child somehow having his own child.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Unless Nero was just an infant left at the orphanage, and the Order of the Sword had experimented on him, since they are known for doing that.

#genericheroorigin

raxii

Ok...First: anyone of you thought that Vergil and Dante may look younger than they are? I mean, they're half demons after all, they could be older. Second: basing myself in what I said before, maybe Vergil had a relationship with a woman(which I doubt, but hey, who knows? Capcom will never answer this xD) and they had Nero.

Later, when Vergil was out (killing demons or something, I don't know), the demons killed her and Vergil changed, thus making him as we know. He couldn't take care of the baby so he left Nero in an orphanage and went into a quest for power so that he could protect his son. The bad thing is that he never came back -.-''

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The problem is that we have proper evidence of Dante aging like a human given he's aged just as Lady had over the years.

chancijolawley0000

Chanci Jo Lawley
I honestly suggest reading Nero's wikia page it will clear this up trust me (^.^)

And hey Vergil might have been completely and utterly drunk or something when Nero was conceived but it's all about how you look at it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom